Cheyenne Approach

Termine

⭐SuperStar
I ♥ pointSixtyFive
I use this map to see where various different approach control airspaces are in the country:
tamr_map_large-2.jpg
There are various versions of it you can find online, some more recent than others, and they seem to be updated as consolidations and moves happen. This one from the NATCA website shows newly-delegated approach airspace at Johnstown, PA.

I'm curious about Cheyenne Approach, which is not shown on this map or any version of it I've seen. CYS tower is operated by the National Guard; I would imagine the appraoch is as well. Why is it not depicted? Are there any other "hidden" approach controls that people know about?

I use this map to see where various different approach control airspaces are in the country:
View attachment 6200
There are various versions of it you can find online, some more recent than others, and they seem to be updated as consolidations and moves happen. This one from the NATCA website shows newly-delegated approach airspace at Johnstown, PA.

I'm curious about Cheyenne Approach, which is not shown on this map or any version of it I've seen. CYS tower is operated by the National Guard; I would imagine the appraoch is as well. Why is it not depicted? Are there any other "hidden" approach controls that people know about?
Maybe CYS RAPCON doesn’t show because they didn’t have automation in 2013? Just going off the map date. I transferred to ZDV in 2014, CYS is in my sector and I believe they got automation 1-2 years after I got here. But they’re definitely an up/down National Guard facility and one of the go to divert airports when D01 decides they don’t want to take arrivals anymore.

Back
Top Bottom