Classes cancelled

Talked to an instructor today and he mentioned that some of the instructors/contractors are getting layed off soon as well.. guess the combination of low class numbers and the end of the 5year contract is what may be affecting it

Talked to an instructor today and he mentioned that some of the instructors/contractors are getting layed off soon as well.. guess the combination of low class numbers and the end of the 5year contract is what may be affecting it
If the classes are really that small they’d need a 1/3 of the amount of row instructors for the labs.

According to several instructors, they are cancelling most classes through about April next year, literally going to be a skeleton crew. But apparently next summer, all hell is going to break loose with the amount of students that will be at the academy.

We felt like we got an upper hand with just 12 in a class. I can’t imagine what 6 will feel like.

They don't have the people to fill classes, so are canceling classes and reducing class sizes.
It would be cool if they could make it an option for prior experience to go to the academy for en-route. I wonder why it isn’t, then they could use it to help fill classes.

Cmsgthokage prior experience is a separate hiring route to skip the academy attrition, I imagine that's why they offer it, sending them to the academy introduces the possibility of additional attrition to it. Hence no offer.

Lining up this FB post and the posted EnRoute Basics classes there were scheduled to be 11 classes starting between Oct 1st and the end of the year. 12 in the first 3 months of CY2020. So... only 5 Classes to be started between Oct 1st and the end of the year and ONLY 3 in the first 3 months of next year!

That's wild.

FAA Catalog of Training

Damn this is frustrating given the staffing numbers. I was hired on the 2016 OTS bid and supposedly 30k people applied. Crazy to me they can’t find enough “qualified candidates”.

Lol that’s crazy. I’m waiting for a spot and still haven’t received anything. Wonder if there are more people with my current situation. I think there’s about 3-4 of us that are cleared and just waiting for a class.
Same here. I called a few weeks ago (after months of silence) and i was cleared just waiting for a class date after oct. 1st i was told, specifically for N90 though. idk if the whole getting enough qualified candidates is an even bigger issue for n90 since clearances take forever in the nyc area. anyone else for n90? i keep hearing horror stories but the alternatives in the job market are a lot worse if you ask me...

It would be cool if they could make it an option for prior experience to go to the academy for en-route. I wonder why it isn’t, then they could use it to help fill classes.

Agree. Especially since some of these "direct hires" are so terrible and its clearly impossible they've ever controlled live ATC before. Huge burden on the facilities to get these people who cant give a simple clearance.

Agree. Especially since some of these "direct hires" are so terrible and its clearly impossible they've ever controlled live ATC before. Huge burden on the facilities to get these people who cant give a simple clearance.

They’re easier to train than enroute oceanic sector transfers.

The schedule we were shown for classes on 9/8 shows 126 students total for enroute over fiscals quarters 1 and 2.....full speed ahead predicted for FYQ3.....many of us instructors were told...."see ya in June, enjoy your time-off"

The schedule we were shown for classes on 9/8 shows 126 students total for enroute over fiscals quarters 1 and 2.....full speed ahead predicted for FYQ3.....many of us instructors were told...."see ya in June, enjoy your time-off"
That ought to help us get spot leave. FAA at its finest, cant make this shit up.

Back
Top Bottom