CPC reinstatements

MJ

Administrator
Staff member
9/26/2022 EDIT: Newest SOP guts this program. Any information in this thread prior to this date is obsolete. New SOP is at CPC reinstatements or attached below.
4/18 EDIT: See my post further down for the policy memo. Also attached to this post now.
EDIT: So the ATO has its own policy on top of the HR requirements. The important change is the length of separation is 1 year. See attachments.

Some very interesting, mostly confirmed information. I say mostly because I believe the source, but tried to verify with someone else who I thought would know, and they did not. Anyway, I was trying to be 100% sure before I posted, but I'm not, so take that for what its worth.

There is going to be a new hiring process for former CPCs. No longer do you have to wait for a bid to post for "everyone else," you would apply directly to a facility.
  • Conditions:
    • 52 weeks prior experience as CPC*
    • Separated from employment for at least one (1) year*
    • * Exception process exists for both of these conditions. Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. ATO Services will be approver for exceptions.
    • Rationale for conditions: Agency doesn’t want employees to circumvent ERR or hiring processes
  • Process
    • Applicant needs to contact the ATM and indicate that they want to be hired (“applicant needs to promote themselves”).
    • Applicant will submit necessary paperwork to the ATM
      • Resume, SF-50s
      • Agency is drafting a 1-page document which will be distributed to the Service Centers indicating exactly what information needs to be submitted.
    • Review Process: ATM to Service Center to HR HQ
    • Applicant doesn’t need to go back to their prior facility
    • They can go anywhere they qualify
  • Probationary Period
    • Once hired, there’s no probationary period.
  • Immediate Disqualifications
    • No specific, automatic disqualifications will be part of the policy.
Word is, this will go into effect April 1st.

Attachments

• Reinstatement of Certain Former ATCS SOP - Rev1_Redacted.pdf
    360.6 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Really interesting. I'm sure you're aware, but according to our RVP, prior to this if separated for under 52 weeks (for those that applied via the prior experience panel), they'll only be offered their previous facility.
Can't wait to see this on April 1st. This makes the FAA to DOD to FAA jump a real thing. Almost foolish not to if you're stuck in a black hole facility. I wonder what restrictions, if any, they'll place on ATMs with regards to when and how many they can select from this source. So many places need people this is practically a golden ticket.

Not yet, but I haven't really put much effort into it tbh. Where did you hear from?

This is going to wreak havoc on staffing. CPCs jumping ship for DOD to circumvent the MOU and reapplying to a dream facility after a year.

This is going to wreak havoc on staffing. CPCs jumping ship for DOD to circumvent the MOU and reapplying to a dream facility after a year.
Easy solution: stop railroading current cpc's :)

Buddy of mine who quit last year said his old supervisor told him. Idk its like 4th hand info
Yeah, But I've heard it from more than one source.

Boom!

Attachments

• Final HROI-Reins of Certain Former ATCS eff 04-17-2017.pdf
    36.8 KB · Views: 330
Only 6 month separation is needed?
That sounds pretty appealing.

Oh, and does an applicant need to be not in the FAA to attempt this? Or would an FAA employee that's not currently a controller also fall under this new process?

Last edited:
Only 6 month separation is needed?
That sounds pretty appealing.

Oh, and does an applicant need to be not in the FAA to attempt this? Or would an FAA employee that's not currently a controller also fall under this new process?
its a hiring authority, so you'd have to be outside the faa.

I wonder what the next NCEPT will look like when the national average drops to 70% lol. Imagine being at N90 with no escape, now you can go relax on a beach somewhere for 6 months and apply directly to anywhere you'd like. What TRACON is not going to take a former CPC at N90?

Back
Top Bottom