CPC reinstatements

Only 6 month separation is needed?
That sounds pretty appealing.
Only if you want to return to your former facility. Hold out for 7 months and you might get to go where you want (pending your level of luck)

"Candidates separated from the FAA for six months or less will only be eligible for consideration at their former facility. If separated for more than six months, they may receive consideration for other facilities. Assignment/placement will be determined based on the needs of the FAA."

Only if you want to return to your former facility. Hold out for 7 months and you might get to go where you want (pending your level of luck)

"Candidates separated from the FAA for six months or less will only be eligible for consideration at their former facility. If separated for more than six months, they may receive consideration for other facilities. Assignment/placement will be determined based on the needs of the FAA."
I read that as 6 months 1 day you're good to go.

I think its a safe assumption that they mean the facility you resigned from.

I just don't see the reward being worth the risk. what if you don't get rehired? what if they do away with this as magically as it appeared? the 6+ months not contributing to your good time or retirement or TSP. lots of factors involved, and I don't see myself doing it, even though I'm still very young.

I just don't see the reward being worth the risk. what if you don't get rehired? what if they do away with this as magically as it appeared? the 6+ months not contributing to your good time or retirement or TSP. lots of factors involved, and I don't see myself doing it, even though I'm still very young.
Definitely lots of factors. Current facility being probably one of the biggest. For some places 6 months is just too good to pass up. There are some really lousy places to be stuck at the moment.

Spoke with an ATM on Wednesday and had the meeting today. Had no idea about this when I called. I emailed it to her and today she said the district had no idea about this either (sounds about right). And despite the facility being well understaffed, and liking my credentials, she said she was unsure what would happen because the district manager will see it as poaching from another facility, and they want people to go through the transfer process within the FAA. Keep in mind, this is only for a 2 lvl facility difference... not like its a 4 -> 12. This is all very early, preliminary info, but I would say... be wary of that mindset.

Spoke with an ATM on Wednesday and had the meeting today. Had no idea about this when I called. I emailed it to her and today she said the district had no idea about this either (sounds about right). And despite the facility being well understaffed, and liking my credentials, she said she was unsure what would happen because the district manager will see it as poaching from another facility, and they want people to go through the transfer process within the FAA. Keep in mind, this is only for a 2 lvl facility difference... not like its a 4 -> 12. This is all very early, preliminary info, but I would say... be wary of that mindset.

The managers looking at it as finding a loophole to the NCEPT was my concern as well when this first rolled out.

This is interesting, I will re visit this thread after June panel and start to strongly consider it if not selected.

The policy is attached to this thread. It's 6 months.
We're both correct and talking about different things. Section 6a says 6 months separated and you have to go back to your former facility only. So I guess maybe it's 6 months plus one day and you're eligible to go anywhere instead of one year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom