CPC reinstatements

So under these new provisions, if I wanted to apply for re-instatement to a facility other than my last facility, where would I start?

Call or e-mail the ATM and just introduce myself and drop all of the paperwork? Coordinate through the facrep?

Not sure what the "proper" thing to do is.

So under these new provisions, if I wanted to apply for re-instatement to a facility other than my last facility, where would I start?

Call or e-mail the ATM and just introduce myself and drop all of the paperwork? Coordinate through the facrep?

Not sure what the "proper" thing to do is.
I'd do both of those as well as set up a tour and meet face to face. We should get some clarification once someone gets rehired by this.

Currently in contact with an RVP. He didn't know anything about this either.

i am currently on the exp bid sept 2016, just waiting for medical to clear this week. also put in for the rehire at a center 2 weeks ago. i talked to the hr at the place where i applied and was told they are separate and cannot be intertwined. so, if the place i bid on is slow processing (regional office hr now) and i get a list from the exp bid..... makes it interesting. the rehire, i believe starts on cdc pay, while the other is developmental pay. i cannot afford to wait too long either... but i guess as long as the choices are good....

i am currently on the exp bid sept 2016, just waiting for medical to clear this week. also put in for the rehire at a center 2 weeks ago. i talked to the hr at the place where i applied and was told they are separate and cannot be intertwined. so, if the place i bid on is slow processing (regional office hr now) and i get a list from the exp bid..... makes it interesting. the rehire, i believe starts on cdc pay, while the other is developmental pay. i cannot afford to wait too long either... but i guess as long as the choices are good....
You won't ever get dev pay. CPC4LIFE

Had a chat with an AHF supervisor today about this. First person I've spoken to who actually knew anything about this policy. She said she was going to forward my message to the right people to get the word out to the field about this policy, and what actions they should be taking.

She said the memo is straight forward as far as the process, and individual facilities or districts are not allowed to implement their own policies regarding using this hiring authority. But, that doesn't mean they have to necessarily hire anyone.

Also, the facility you apply to is more of a request. If they decide to hire you, it goes up to the ATO who vets your experience and facility needs (aka staffing). They will then make an offer based on their determination. I asked if she knew if any thresholds or criteria they use, and the example she gave was someone from center probably wouldn't be considered for a terminal spot.

She said they haven't even processed any of these applications yet so it's not surprising people aren't sure what to do.

well i called the region hr and said mine was somewhere at the ato.. now there is nobody to contact to see how things are going or get any answers

well i called the region hr and said mine was somewhere at the ato.. now there is nobody to contact to see how things are going or get any answers
Yeah, it means they are vetting your exp and looking at facilities.

Not sure it was mentioned, but another thing to take into consideration for the people talking of quitting and reapplying this way is the pension contributions. Older employees will be at 1.2% while new ones are close to 5% I believe. That will add up, but could be worth it to get out of N90 etc. Then on top of that there is privatization, being forced into a new retirement plan (not FERS) etc. Too risky for me.

Not sure it was mentioned, but another thing to take into consideration for the people talking of quitting and reapplying this way is the pension contributions. Older employees will be at 1.2% while new ones are close to 5% I believe. That will add up, but could be worth it to get out of N90 etc. Then on top of that there is privatization, being forced into a new retirement plan (not FERS) etc. Too risky for me.
Not if you stay in the federal workforce.

Anyone know how the pay would work for this? If checked out at N90 with bottom of the band lv 12 pay, then get rehired by lets say a lv 8... Are you a bottom of the band 8 now? or would you go to the top of the 8 band? Or would it work like a transfer, save pay for 2, then top of the band?

highest (within new cpc band) of
  1. bottom of new CPC band, or
  2. current federal salary

If you get hired as a CPC reinstatement, once you're at your facility and training are you allotted the CPC-IT training times or new hire?

If you get hired as a CPC reinstatement, once you're at your facility and training are you allotted the CPC-IT training times or new hire?
I believe it would be up to facility management, but that's just an educated guess.

Back
Top Bottom