Projected CPC % to Target
-

Updated --/--/----

Operational Info​

External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

Staffing image is missing. Is this data available?

Thanks!

You probably don't want Duluth.....it's not beautiful or full of things to do at all.

Unless you own a snowmobile and an Ice House. Then it could be perfect.

Why is training time so long here? Seems like it should be relative easy airspace. They consistently are sending trainees there and now it's on the volunteer list. Can't imagine it'd be a good choice with what I imagine is going to be a long training backlog with the long training times.

Why is training time so long here? Seems like it should be relative easy airspace. They consistently are sending trainees there and now it's on the volunteer list. Can't imagine it'd be a good choice with what I imagine is going to be a long training backlog with the long training times.
Zero training backlog. Training times were crazy high due to COVID and trainees getting stuck at home. Hopefully lookin at a little under 1.5 years to fully cert but we’ll see how radar goes. I had to wait 3ish months for an RTF class. Local is the position people have the hardest time with but everyone here is willing to train and wants to train. The trainees get out what they put in. Great mix of traffic with f16s being on the field, few flight schools, intersecting runways and tons of practice approaches. Weather plays a factor in training time because there’s plenty of days that go by where there’s NOTHING going on bc there’s 1/4sm vis. Relationship with management is great. People are great. It’s not too bad of a place to be, especially if you’re from the area.

With it being Cirrus central, are the GA Cirrus pilots every bit the dickheads they are everywhere else?

We get it, you can fly fast, slow the fuck down in the pattern like he other traffic

With it being Cirrus central, are the GA Cirrus pilots every bit the dickheads they are everywhere else?

We get it, you can fly fast, slow the fuck down in the pattern like he other traffic
The cirrus test pilots are amazing, they’ll do just about anything to make something work. The flight school cirrus’ in the area are usually pretty solid about matching everyone else. I’d say the pilots up here do a decent job at reading the room if you let em know what’s goin on.

Zero training backlog. Training times were crazy high due to COVID and trainees getting stuck at home. Hopefully lookin at a little under 1.5 years to fully cert but we’ll see how radar goes. I had to wait 3ish months for an RTF class. Local is the position people have the hardest time with but everyone here is willing to train and wants to train. The trainees get out what they put in. Great mix of traffic with f16s being on the field, few flight schools, intersecting runways and tons of practice approaches. Weather plays a factor in training time because there’s plenty of days that go by where there’s NOTHING going on bc there’s 1/4sm vis. Relationship with management is great. People are great. It’s not too bad of a place to be, especially if you’re from the area.
Appreciate that info!

The cirrus test pilots are amazing, they’ll do just about anything to make something work. The flight school cirrus’ in the area are usually pretty solid about matching everyone else. I’d say the pilots up here do a decent job at reading the room if you let em know what’s goin on.
Cost of living kinda blows doesn’t it though? It’s not SFO but Duluth is surprisingly expensive even compared to the TC metro yet there’s no locality right?

Locality pay has nothing to do with cost of living.

Duluth is a great area to live especially if you like outdoor activities. Tons of hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, skiing in the area. Plus a college town so you've got local sporting events.

Cost of living kinda blows doesn’t it though? It’s not SFO but Duluth is surprisingly expensive even compared to the TC metro yet there’s no locality right?
It is a little pricey and I have no idea why. Theres things to do outside and such but I feel like houses shouldn’t be going for the prices that they are. I felt like I was just making enough to scrape by on AG pay but now being @D3 it’s much more comfortable. We also just got upgraded to a level 6 so once you cert on ground you’ll be @D2 so things will be better for new trainees showing up. Houses are kind of expensive for what you’re getting but I feel like that’s the going trend for most places in the US at the moment unless you’re in an extremely low COL place such as Oklahoma.

Back
Top Bottom