Dreamland Approach (DML)

SquawkHijack

Trusted Contributor
Does anyone know anything about this facility? Obviously it doesn’t belong to the FAA but does is it fall under jurisdiction of the DoD or another agency? Does anyone know someone who’s ever worked there? Feel like this place is never talked about.

If my memory serves, DoD, I saw an opening a long long long time ago. Beyond that, as you said, not much is talked about.

Bro named squawk hijack wants info on a secret military facility
I dont find this suspicious at all, but I am expired on some eLMS courses, so that may not help.

I'll return with a valid opinion once I consult with the almighty eLMS god.

It’s almost like there’s a reason for that.

But what do I know? I haven’t finished my ASH/SAVI 2024 CBI yet.
RUN HIDE FIGHT

completed*

If my memory serves, DoD, I saw an opening a long long long time ago. Beyond that, as you said, not much is talked about.
That’s what I figured but wasn’t entirely sure. I know an older retired controller that was once at the tower at Tonopah test range but he didn’t even know much about the radar except coordinating with them. They were not the same facility. Reading an LOA of sorts online I guess it looks like DML maybe belongs to “Nellis Air Traffic Control Facility” which could be a facility with different approach/range controls all its own.

Bro named squawk hijack wants info on a secret military facility
Their ops are likely classified but there’s nothing as far as I’m aware that’s secret squirrel regarding the facility itself. I found an LOA from 2012 for them online. Just an interesting curiosity as it’s a different beast among the ATC community.

Knew a controller who was going through the process for Tonopah and it seemed like an absolute bull. Like year + process, top secret clearance, in person interviews/interrogation, the whole nine. Perhaps they were embellishing a bit, who am I to say. But I’ve always been interested in the super squirrel shit surrounding that whole operation.

I was contacted to work there in the "Las Vegas, NV area". Not taking it is my biggest regret.

Knew a controller who was going through the process for Tonopah and it seemed like an absolute bull. Like year + process, top secret clearance, in person interviews/interrogation, the whole nine. Perhaps they were embellishing a bit, who am I to say. But I’ve always been interested in the super squirrel shit surrounding that whole operation.
Interrogation seems a bit much. You do a polygraph. As soon as they start the process you’re paid and report to an office/warehouse and do nothing for 8 hours until your TS is approved. I know 5+ that have done it and was discouraged the gig when i was shown interest in filling a spot

Fwiw there’s GS12 and 13 spots. It’s 2152 good time. Idk if they’re doing comp time for travel or what. That was very contentious years ago

Interrogation seems a bit much. You do a polygraph. As soon as they start the process you’re paid and report to an office/warehouse and do nothing for 8 hours until your TS is approved. I know 5+ that have done it and was discouraged the gig when i was shown interest in filling a spot

Fwiw there’s GS12 and 13 spots. It’s 2152 good time. Idk if they’re doing comp time for travel or what. That was very contentious years ago
Interrogation might have been the word they used for polygraph. This was probably 6 or so years ago. You saying the people you knew discouraged doing it?

Wtf they still doing polygraphs when for years the science has said they’re worthless. They’re not even allowed as evidence in court

Back
Top Bottom