Dual citizenship Security Clearance

ABACUS

Trusted Contributor
Anybody have any history with dual citizenship? I obtained it as a minor and am willing to renounce it once they ask.... never used the passport or have financial ties. Wondering how much this will slow down the train to OKC.

I know someone who had it and he had to have a background investigator do a whole process on him so he was delayed for a good 6 months.

Anybody have any history with dual citizenship? I obtained it as a minor and am willing to renounce it once they ask.... never used the passport or have financial ties. Wondering how much this will slow down the train to OKC.

I know someone who had it and he had to have a background investigator do a whole process on him so he was delayed for a good 6 months.

Yeah I had to do something similar I assume though I was never called in for an interview. Just had to sign some paperwork saying If anything happened I was willing to renounce it which seems highly unlikely anyways.

I was concerned as well, especially since I used that passport a few times in the last 10 years. Security has had my EQIP since the beginning of March but they have not reached out to me regarding that just yet. They did reach out regarding leaving a previous employer though. I will reach out to my HR POC to see if there is any update on MMPI and security and we will see.

Back
Top Bottom