En Route Enroute Basics 01/24/2020

Sethtimm

Figured I would get this one going, looking forward to meeting everyone else with this class date. Has anyone picked out where they are gonna stay? I've been looking at Zoe Homes at Anatole, bringing my wife and baby boy with me.

Waiting to see what the details for housing are, but I'm kind of thinking I might try to AirBNB it or something. Haven't really seen a place I like too much. I like the idea of Kim's (they go shopping for you if you have a roommate, but I'm not sure I want a roommate).

Waiting to see what the details for housing are, but I'm kind of thinking I might try to AirBNB it or something. Haven't really seen a place I like too much. I like the idea of Kim's (they go shopping for you if you have a roommate, but I'm not sure I want a roommate).
AirBNB is not allowed

Just got confirmation! I'm a 24ther toooo ?

As much as I like of Kim's place, I really don't like the idea of having a roomate, and I don't want to pay extra to go solo. So will probably go with Anatole if I can't find something better. If Airbnb is not reimbursed, does that mean, Craigslist places won't be either?

I would suggest staying at the same place as your classmates. You’ll see why when you get through your first 3 days of basics. And listen to what they repeat over and over. No spoilers here. Just wait and see.

As much as I like of Kim's place, I really don't like the idea of having a roomate, and I don't want to pay extra to go solo. So will probably go with Anatole if I can't find something better. If Airbnb is not reimbursed, does that mean, Craigslist places won't be either?

you will not get reimbursed for anything housing related. The FAA will pay for your housing direct to the provider from the providers list that they work with. The list is on student services website which can be easily found with minimal research. The reason they work with those providers is because those providers have supposedly “met the requirements” that are particular to the academy. Mainly being leaving without notice and without penalty.

Unless you want to cover the cost on your own, pick one from that list. Highly suggest either Kim’s or Anatole. My class ended up at one of those two spots when all was said and done

The list on student services is not a list of the only providers they pay for. It’s a list of businesses that have requested to be “certified“ as a provider meaning they say they met certain requirements the FAA has listed. You won’t get paid for Airbnb, Craigslist, relatives, etc.

The list on student services is not a list of the only providers they pay for. It’s a list of businesses that have requested to be “certified“ as a provider meaning they say they met certain requirements the FAA has listed. You won’t get paid for Airbnb, Craigslist, relatives, etc.

i stand partially corrected. Thanks for the extra info!

I think I've decided on Anatole for sure, only have read good things and it will work best for my situation, let me know if anybody else is staying there! Would love to get study groups together.

I think I've decided on Anatole for sure, only have read good things and it will work best for my situation, let me know if anybody else is staying there! Would love to get study groups together.
It's my #1 right now, but still haven't decided. Probably won't make a final decision until after I get my FOL.

I returned my FOL about a week ago. Still haven't received any more info on housing. Are you guys just picking a place or did you receive another email with more details?

Also is anyone staying at Kims?? Anatole looks nice but I was hoping to bank most of my food money. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I just picked a place and emailed them, somewhere along with the FOL email they said they would send more info regarding in-processing documents, I'm assuming more info comes with that. Welcome packet is supposed to come via email 5 to 10 days before class starts. Who knows ?

I returned my FOL about a week ago. Still haven't received any more info on housing. Are you guys just picking a place or did you receive another email with more details?

Also is anyone staying at Kims?? Anatole looks nice but I was hoping to bank most of my food money. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

No housing info yet (also not sure if they cover the day before since it seems like we need to be there on the 23rd).

I was/am considering Kim's; but I reached out to Sarah at FAA Crashpads as the decor seems a little more modern/clearwater seems a little closer. They seem like they have some kind of grocery service as well (I too would love to save as much of the food money as possible).

Soon as I hear back, I will update yall; but honestly, I feel like there are no 'bad' choices (short of getting a roommate/roommates you don't exactly 'click' with).

No housing info yet (also not sure if they cover the day before since it seems like we need to be there on the 23rd).

I was/am considering Kim's; but I reached out to Sarah at FAA Crashpads as the decor seems a little more modern/clearwater seems a little closer. They seem like they have some kind of grocery service as well (I too would love to save as much of the food money as possible).

Soon as I hear back, I will update yall; but honestly, I feel like there are no 'bad' choices (short of getting a roommate/roommates you don't exactly 'click' with).

Yeah im not too worried about a roommate. Obviously your own place would be better but i was hoping to save some money along with staying with the majority of the class. I won't have a car for study groups or anything. Let me know what you hear

The FAA will pay for you to stay the night before classes begin, nothing earlier than that. Make arrangements as soon as possible so that there are spaces available, do not wait for the welcome packet.

Yeah im not too worried about a roommate. Obviously your own place would be better but i was hoping to save some money along with staying with the majority of the class. I won't have a car for study groups or anything. Let me know what you hear
Got confirmation that FAACrashpads does have a grocery service (monthly allowance of a decent amount is provided through Insta-cart). Seeing as how they seem to be the closest (I was told Clearwater is ~5 minutes away from the Academy), I think this is probably the best bet for me.

The FAA will pay for you to stay the night before classes begin, nothing earlier than that. Make arrangements as soon as possible so that there are spaces available, do not wait for the welcome packet.
Thanks for letting me know about the day before! Gonna try to get in a few days before then as a mini 'vacation' (last day of work at my current job is the 17th, and moving in right after a 12 hour drive sounds like the opposite of fun).

Figured as soon as I heard that Anatole was 'full' for some date ranges, that I should probably look for housing ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom