En Route Enroute Basics 9/3/2021

Hello all just accepted this class date as well.

Question: The DD214 form and the Civil service preference letter are required to be sent back with the email that the rep sent in order to accept the class date. I looked these up and these are military security documents, but I am not military. Do I still have to find these and submit them?

Hello all just accepted this class date as well.

Question: The DD214 form and the Civil service preference letter are required to be sent back with the email that the rep sent in order to accept the class date. I looked these up and these are military security documents, but I am not military. Do I still have to find these and submit them?
I did not have anything about DD214 or civil service in mine start date email. I just had to state whether I accepted or not and then let my hr rep know if any of my declaration for federal employment (OF-306) answers have changed.

Riddle for me, I applied when I was in my senior year and graduated while in the process. I still have all my material if you guys are wanting to get together and study.

Anyone have any suggestions for housing or people who have housed and like certain places?

Riddle for me, I applied when I was in my senior year and graduated while in the process. I still have all my material if you guys are wanting to get together and study.

Anyone have any suggestions for housing or people who have housed and like certain places?
I did the same thing. I graduated early and then got my masters cause I knew it would be a long wait. I booked Anatole but I’m gonna be driving up so I’ll be able to meet up anywhere to study.

Smart lol didn't think it would take more than a year but here we are. Cool ill be driving as well. Did you just book the place and told them your an academy student and not pay a down payment considering they will receive the per diem pay? Or im assuming there is probably a down payment fee on most of the housing.

Smart lol didn't think it would take more than a year but here we are. Cool ill be driving as well. Did you just book the place and told them your an academy student and not pay a down payment considering they will receive the per diem pay? Or im assuming there is probably a down payment fee on most of the housing.
I just told them the projected academy dates and then signed the contract (they understand the dates can change) and then there is no down payment but I did have to give them a credit card number in case anything gets broken or damaged cause I would be the one paying for that. They just gave me info to give the FAA once they ask where I’m staying so that they’ll get paid on time.

I'll be at Kim's Place and I'll be brining my yellow lab with me. If anyone likes dogs or doesn't mind them I guess let me know so I can tell Kim about the potential of rooming together.

I'm also staying at Kim's place, are you male or female? Because they don't do coed I believe
They typically don't do co-ed, you are right. I am male and I think I may have found a roommate. I went searching since I'll be bringing a dog and I wanted to make sure that was okay with people.

Where did you go searching?
You can go to this FAA Student Housing FAQ page, and then click housing on the left hand side.

You will find an overwhelming amount of housing options. Word of mouth is that Kim's place is one of the better options and during the online form I'm pretty sure it said that they typically do not do co-ed housing unless requested or something. I was not looking for something co-ed so it didn't really stick to my brain.

Are you flying to OKC or driving?

You can go to this FAA Student Housing FAQ page, and then click housing on the left hand side.

You will find an overwhelming amount of housing options. Word of mouth is that Kim's place is one of the better options and during the online form I'm pretty sure it said that they typically do not do co-ed housing unless requested or something. I was not looking for something co-ed so it didn't really stick to my brain.

Are you flying to OKC or driving?
Yeah I'm hoping there will be another girl in our class staying there. i'll check it out, thank you. And I'll be driving! hbu?

I'm in the virtual basics that started 7/1 if anyone has questions just let me know, happy to help the best i can. We take our basics final the 28th.

Back
Top Bottom