Enroute Class pass rate

Buck was fair to me while I was there, I said Flight Level 17,000 instead of 17,000 to my r-side and lost 2 points that I needed to pass; instead of sending me home, Buck spoke to the FAA guy on my behalf and I got those 2 points back and passed the academy with a final score of 70.02. I also think the FAA was a little more lenient to us since we were there during the shutdown; nonetheless, I wonder how many people they send home that could actually be successful in a center environment.
I found Buck to be an extremely fair evaluator. He definitely will not miss a single error you make and it's clear he knows the problems inside and out but at the same time, he will work with you to give you back as many points as possible. I think he gets the bad reputation just because of how thorough he is on the grading but he really does try to help you where he can.

I found Buck to be an extremely fair evaluator. He definitely will not miss a single error you make and it's clear he knows the problems inside and out but at the same time, he will work with you to give you back as many points as possible. I think he gets the bad reputation just because of how thorough he is on the grading but he really does try to help you where he can.
No one had anything bad to say about Buck when I was there. If anything they were praising him. I think there’s three levels of evaluators, fair and generous, fair, and hard ass. Buck seemed fair, even slightly generous. The vast majority of evaluators fall in the first two categories, I don’t think there are many hard asses. At the same time anyone can have a bad day and be more harsh than usual, it is what it is. And at the end of the day they aren’t the reason you pass or fail, if you don’t do a good job you don’t deserve to pass.

According to KSN, 7/22 assignment date;

ZME
ZME
ZSE
ZSE
ZTL
ZFW
ZAU
ZLA
ZTL
ZBW
ZAU

ZOA
ZOA

My assumption is the two ZOAs are alternates, but there is no definitive way to know on KSN.

There was also two ZJX on that list too, I don’t know why it wasn’t included with that originally.
Maybe I missed it. Could have just been further down the list. That thing can be confusing sometimes, especially when they pull some shit like the ZJX priority.

Edit:

Upon further review, there are FOUR ZJX spots and a ZAN spot on the list too?

Last edited:
Question- received my start date this morning but it isn’t going to work for personal reasons, I am wondering if anyone had to defer for a good reason and if so how quickly did your rep get back to you with other dates?
So I got a deferral because my wife is having a baby in December which would be during the time I'd be in the academy (basics in August, in person September- December). My rep got back to me the next day saying they forwarded my request to management, and about 2.5 weeks later she said they approved my defferal until January, and that they'd be in contact closer to then with a new date.

So I got a deferral because my wife is having a baby in December which would be during the time I'd be in the academy (basics in August, in person September- December). My rep got back to me the next day saying they forwarded my request to management, and about 2.5 weeks later she said they approved my defferal until January, and that they'd be in contact closer to then with a new date.
Wishing you luck at the academy with a newborn.

Back
Top Bottom