EV Chargers at facility

Jeff_DOD_Controller

FAA
Facility
TMB Tamiami Tower
Does anyone know where to start a request for an EV Charger to be installed at your facility?
I know whey supposedly did a study before COVID but I’m not sure where it ended up or if it’s been restarted. There is federal legislation promoting it at all federal facilities. I know some facilities have them already. If your facility does how did they request them?

Does anyone know where to start a request for an EV Charger to be installed at your facility?
I know whey supposedly did a study before COVID but I’m not sure where it ended up or if it’s been restarted. There is federal legislation promoting it at all federal facilities. I know some facilities have them already. If your facility does how did they request them?
If you go on the DOT website and search it up you’ll find the thing about EV chargers. It goes into costs and breakdowns of how it works in terms of what you have to pay to use it

Having an EV at the academy is a cheat code. Front row parking and free charging. If they did that at facilities, it would be a very compelling case to buy an EV.

Every facility I have been at qualifies for electrical outlets under Article 70 Section 3. None of them had any available and none of the FacReps gave a damn about getting them when asked by BUEs. Two of the facilities underwent massive parking lot reconstruction while I was at them and ne'er a peep was made.

1688756083346.png

Maybe if ya'll convince NATCA leadership to buy EVs there might be some headway made. 🤣

Just a row of 120v outlets so people could bring their own level 1 chargers and get 25 miles of charge during their shift would be amazing and be relatively low on the cost spectrum.

Every facility I have been at qualifies for electrical outlets under Article 70 Section 3. None of them had any available and none of the FacReps gave a damn about getting them when asked by BUEs. Two of the facilities underwent massive parking lot reconstruction while I was at them and ne'er a peep was made.

View attachment 8609

Maybe if ya'll convince NATCA leadership to buy EVs there might be some headway made. 🤣

Just a row of 120v outlets so people could bring their own level 1 chargers and get 25 miles of charge during their shift would be amazing and be relatively low on the cost spectrum.
I would buy one as my next vehicle if we had them here, which I’m surprised we don’t because I’ve seen at least seven EVs

The irony on the DoD side is that the chargers they have setup (solar ones btw) have signs that say "Gov Vehicles only," while I have to charge my Model 3 AWD at the hotel XD #WeAreGoingGreen.

We have regular outlets along the back row for people's block heaters. People have been explicitly told NOT to use them to charge their EV. Our parking lot is currently being completely torn up and resurfaced and there is ZERO infrastructure to support chargers eventually. No conduit to even put in future wires for it. Extremely short sighted in my opinion!

View attachment 8609

That's for a block heater for cold weather places. Not EVs.

Article 121 is for EVs and good luck getting a charger installed.

My bad, totally missed how you didnt say "block heater" or "warming car up" or anything. But you did mention charging and EVs. I should have read your mind. Also if you understood the article isnt meant for EVs, dont quote it as an argument and use the correct one like I said, Article 121.

My bad, totally missed how you didnt say "block heater" or "warming car up" or anything. But you did mention charging and EVs. I should have read your mind. Also if you understood the article isnt meant for EVs, dont quote it as an argument and use the correct one like I said, Article 121.
Switch to tea. That coffee has you coming at me in the paint a little too hard.

I quoted Article 70 to make my point that they have an obligation to provide some facilities with electrical outlets and have never done so.

Breathe, Kemosabe.
Happy Paralympic Games GIF by International Paralympic Committee

What about Article 121?

I heard a rumor that some facilities have FBO’s with adjacent parking lots with free EV charging that they let the controllers use.

I heard another rumor that some facilities have access to terminal garages to park, and in some cases those terminal garages have complimentary EV charging.

In any case, the FAA is three days late and several million dollars short lol

What region/state are you in? Your POC, if you want to jump over the ATM, would be your ADO. I can provide you the contact info if you let me know your FAC, region, or state.

ZERO infrastructure to support chargers eventually. No conduit to even put in future wires for it. Extremely short sighted in my opinion!
Maybe they were just secretly told in advance the whole EV things is a scam and will collapse? Do you know that modern gas vehicles, even the monster SUV’s put out less than 2% the pollution as cars built in the early 80’s?

Replacing every gas car with a EV to get rid of that last <2% would be offset by one new coal plant in China and the production to mine and refine the lithium and cobalt.

Maybe they were just secretly told in advance the whole EV things is a scam and will collapse? Do you know that modern gas vehicles, even the monster SUV’s put out less than 2% the pollution as cars built in the early 80’s?

Replacing every gas car with a EV to get rid of that last <2% would be offset by one new coal plant in China and the production to mine and refine the lithium and cobalt.
Maybe they all invested in some random electric car company, then announced who it was, then sold the investment. The reptilian elite just scheme to make money to continue buying foreskin facial cream.

In terms of electric outlets the contract has them for facilities like Alaska where engines have heater blocks so they don't freeze.

In terms of pollution your hurr during China info from freedomeagle.wordpress.net/evsarebad.freedomjpg it isn't relevant the government said they were installing chargers so people bought evs, but they reneged

Back
Top Bottom