EV Chargers at facility

Maybe they were just secretly told in advance the whole EV things is a scam and will collapse? Do you know that modern gas vehicles, even the monster SUV’s put out less than 2% the pollution as cars built in the early 80’s?

Replacing every gas car with a EV to get rid of that last <2% would be offset by one new coal plant in China and the production to mine and refine the lithium and cobalt.
Why do you like paying for gas? Such a weird thing to want to keep doing forever. Electric cars are gonna take over cus they are better cars.

I heard a rumor that some facilities have FBO’s with adjacent parking lots with free EV charging that they let the controllers use.

I heard another rumor that some facilities have access to terminal garages to park, and in some cases those terminal garages have complimentary EV charging.
I had a former ATM who had a personal crusade against airport parking, he considered it a "gift" and as such we were not "allowed" to park there. Of course he also acted like the OT budget came out of his personal cheque and would sit in the parking lot waiting with baited breath for those who would take a 15 minute shove XD.

Why do you like paying for gas? Such a weird thing to want to keep doing forever. Electric cars are gonna take over cus they are better cars.
They aren’t better cars. They have strengths and weaknesses, the weaknesses outweigh the strengths for most uses. Daily driver sure. Commercial use, towing, load carrying, long trips, extreme temps, serviceability, charging support, they all fall short. Technology keeps improving, but gas is still better.

I had a former ATM who had a personal crusade against airport parking, he considered it a "gift" and as such we were not "allowed" to park there. Of course he also acted like the OT budget came out of his personal cheque and would sit in the parking lot waiting with baited breath for those who would take a 15 minute shove XD.
ATMs like that need to be punched in the face. I feel like a lot of people in the world who are like that have never had anyone put hands on them for their attitudes. Would fix a lot.

They aren’t better cars. They have strengths and weaknesses, the weaknesses outweigh the strengths for most uses. Daily driver sure. Commercial use, towing, load carrying, long trips, extreme temps, serviceability, charging support, they all fall short. Technology keeps improving, but gas is still better.
As a M3 owner I can concur, but time will be the final determinant. One should not be naïve enough to believe that electric will completely replace petrol, for now as you pointed out there are things petrol cars do better. It will take some serious battery pack development (not in our lifetime perhaps) and efficiency to reach those projected stats. I for one welcome my Cyber Truck that I have had reserved since opening night.

Daily driver is most uses for the average person.

It’s just so strange the people that are staunchly against electric. Like spending 250 a month on gas is your god given right as an American and they can try to take it from your. I would love a plug in hybrid pickup. 40 mile battery only. That would be incredible. My commute would use no gas!

Daily driver is most uses for the average person.
It’s just so strange the people that are staunchly against electric. Like spending 250 a month on gas is your god given right as an American and they can try to take it from your

Right, but the American mentality is to have the capability to do more even if 98% of the time I use it just for daily driving. For instance if I have to drive up to PBI and throw two motorcycles in the back of my future Cyber Truck or haul my hoarding girlfriends childhood mementos and memories. I need the ability to haul at least 10/12k lbs and 500+ miles of range (conservatively 300+ while towing). Sure I'll stop and grab a bite/biological breaks but having that capability would sell a great many people. Lucid CEO said one day people will not need more than 250 miles of range, sure in Europe, but in the US you absolutely need it, of course this is also a company who charges outrageous prices on their EV's.

Also, fwiw, I live in base housing so I do not pay to charge my car and I can make the Key West-Miami run (roughly 4 hours with traffic) at a cost of $5.96 during non-peak supercharging hours.

Right, but the American mentality is to have the capability to do more even if 98% of the time I use it just for daily driving. For instance if I have to drive up to PBI and throw two motorcycles in the back of my future Cyber Truck or haul my hoarding girlfriends childhood mementos and memories. I need the ability to haul at least 10/12k lbs and 500+ miles of range (conservatively 300+ while towing). Sure I'll stop and grab a bite/biological breaks but having that capability would sell a great many people. Lucid CEO said one day people will not need more than 250 miles of range, sure in Europe, but in the US you absolutely need it, of course this is also a company who charges outrageous prices on their EV's.

Also, fwiw, I live in base housing so I do not pay to charge my car and I can make the Key West-Miami run (roughly 4 hours with traffic) at a cost of $5.96 during non-peak supercharging hours.
The charging network is getting better and better. But I only think they are the best cars. They aren’t the best trucks or SUVs yet.

The charging network is getting better and better. But I only think they are the best cars. They aren’t the best trucks or SUVs yet.
The charging network is what sold me on Tesla long ago, they are putting in the final Supercharger down here at Key West and it is supposed to go live next year (the entirety of the keys will be covered). A robust charging network is absolutely king, which is why you see the conversion to NACS to all other North American EV's, legacy companies just could not compete. The Cyber Truck (disregarding Rivian and Ford) will be the first true test of an EV-T (Electric Vehicle Truck), which will either be a smashing success or an enormous failure (there is no in between). My hope is that the Cyber Truck is successful and and it spawns an SUV EV off its frame.

The charging network is what sold me on Tesla long ago, they are putting in the final Supercharger down here at Key West and it is supposed to go live next year (the entirety of the keys will be covered). A robust charging network is absolutely king, which is why you see the conversion to NACS to all other North American EV's, legacy companies just could not compete. The Cyber Truck (disregarding Rivian and Ford) will be the first true test of an EV-T (Electric Vehicle Truck), which will either be a smashing success or an enormous failure (there is no in between). My hope is that the Cyber Truck is successful and and it spawns an SUV EV off its frame.
In all these infrastructure bills I never understood why they don’t just make every gas station and big box store put in a fast charger

In all these infrastructure bills I never understood why they don’t just make every gas station and big box store put in a fast charger

I believe, and do not quote me, there was something about it being extremely uneconomical to the franchisee with underground tanks and all upgrade costs. Someone on Reddit did an analysis almost a year ago on it, quite the interesting read if you can find it.

I believe, and do not quote me, there was something about it being extremely uneconomical to the franchisee with underground tanks and all upgrade costs. Someone on Reddit did an analysis almost a year ago on it, quite the interesting read if you can find it.
Interesting

Is the trailer attachment real? That's my new mid sleeper

Why are we disregarding the Lightning and the Rivian? Why is the Cyber truck the first true test?

As a M3 owner I can concur, but time will be the final determinant. One should not be naïve enough to believe that electric will completely replace petrol, for now as you pointed out there are things petrol cars do better. It will take some serious battery pack development (not in our lifetime perhaps) and efficiency to reach those projected stats. I for one welcome my Cyber Truck that I have had reserved since opening night.
I4 m50 owner. You’d be surprised how well BMW does electric. Thought about a new M3 though. Owned a Tesla before too.

I4 m50 owner. You’d be surprised how well BMW does electric. Thought about a new M3 though. Owned a Tesla before too.
I originally was going to go with the i4 M50, but I just could not depend on Electrify America for charging. I'd still like to drive one at some point :)
Why are we disregarding the Lightning and the Rivian? Why is the Cyber truck the first true test?
Cost of the Lightning is absolutely outrageous imho and Rivian for the charging network (2025 they go to NACS). They are not bad trucks but for travelling and hauling I have sort of written them off. Not to say the price on the Cyber Truck will not change, I fully expect it will, but that it will not be as egregious.

I originally was going to go with the i4 M50, but I just could not depend on Electrify America for charging. I'd still like to drive one at some point :)

Cost of the Lightning is absolutely outrageous imho and Rivian for the charging network (2025 they go to NACS). They are not bad trucks but for travelling and hauling I have sort of written them off. Not to say the price on the Cyber Truck will not change, I fully expect it will, but that it will not be as egregious.
I understand that but as far as a real EV truck I think it’s already been done and proven. They sell as many as hey make, except maybe rivian whose price has jumped a bit. I had a lightning for a few months and it was a great truck. People worry so much about towing when they take one trip a year. Rent a gas truck for the trip and save the miles on your rig anyway. The extended range Lightning is on par or above most EV range offerings right now.

I will say I wouldn’t pay current prices. At launch they were pretty good, and I bribed my dealer into letting me get their first order and got the 40k Lightning Pro lol.

Daily driver sure. Commercial use, towing, load carrying, long trips, extreme temps, serviceability, charging support, they all fall short.
And this is a thread for people who aren't commercial users, but are instead wanting to use their daily drivers to drive, daily, to work. Not sure what your point is.

It’s just so strange the people that are staunchly against electric. Like spending 250 a month on gas is your god given right as an American and they can try to take it from your. I would love a plug in hybrid pickup. 40 mile battery only. That would be incredible. My commute would use no gas!
I have a PHEV (Chevy volt) that gets me to work and back 3 times on a single charge. At one point I was at over 100 miles per gallon of gas. Can charge for free at the co-op grocery store 50 feet from my house but I literally didn't notice a difference in my own electric bill. my Ford Maverick hybrid finally came in so now I'm just rocking that sweet ride.

Back
Top Bottom