EV Chargers at facility

And this manual storage could sell gas to everyone in the community.
And people with power walls or those that can hook their ford lightening to their house are crushing it after big power outages. You can generate electricity and store it off grid. You cannot refine your own gas. Electricity seems much better prep if you’re truly worried about disasters.
The Ford Lightnings ability to give power back to the house so cool. Hopefully becomes standard in the upcoming years.

The Ford Lightnings ability to give power back to the house so cool. Hopefully becomes standard in the upcoming years.
The idea of having your car just be a storage system to your house is super cool. Have your solar panels feed into your car. It could reduce your home electricity use by so much even in daily use.

I'm pretty sure the ioniq and whatever kia calls ite electric crossover also both do this. It has to do with them having higher voltage batteries which also lets them have even faster charging

Ford estimates its EV division will lose $4.5B in 2023. that’s a spectacular failure. What’s going on there?

Ford estimates its EV division will lose $4.5B in 2023. that’s a spectacular failure. What’s going on there?
Dealership mark ups, lack of direct to consumer sales, playing catch up over the past 10 years, take your pick.

And this manual storage could sell gas to everyone in the community.
And people with power walls or those that can hook their ford lightening to their house are crushing it after big power outages. You can generate electricity and store it off grid. You cannot refine your own gas. Electricity seems much better prep if you’re truly worried about disasters.
Manual storage? All I said was they put a manual (hand powered) pump on an above ground storage tank at a gas station. I didn’t stop to see the dynamic of how they were charging people without pump meters or a credit card machine, but the point was it got the job done for the time being.

And a power wall CAN BE nice depending on the disaster at hand. If you have a flood/hurricane your Tesla Wall will be virtually worthless and potentially a hazard moreover.

Last edited:
Question out of curiosity. What happens when the battery bank in your power wall goes bad? You’re okay with paying thousands to replace that in addition to also purchasing a new EV every so many years?

I think these are neat ideas but I also feel like people think they’ll have a power wall installed and just live happily ever after.

Question out of curiosity. What happens when the battery bank in your power wall goes bad? You’re okay with paying thousands to replace that in addition to also purchasing a new EV every so many years?

I think these are neat ideas but I also feel like people think they’ll have a power wall installed and just live happily ever after.
I mean the Tesla Power Wall has a 10 year warranty, much longer than the warranty on my 22kw GENERAC

I mean the Tesla Power Wall has a 10 year warranty, much longer than the warranty on my 22kw GENERAC
Well yeah, and that’s honestly cool that they have a 10 year warranty, but let’s be honest with each other. By the time that warranty is expired it’s probably time to upgrade/change your power wall as it’s likely obsolete at that point anyway, just like the vehicle it charges. Now you’re paying thousands on top of the cost buying a new EV, which, (I think goes without saying) are NOT cheap to begin with. The exception being the Chevy Bolt (which is a throwaway car.)

Power wall concept is just like the EV itself, really cool, but not there yet.

Well yeah, and that’s honestly cool that they have a 10 year warranty, but let’s be honest with each other. By the time that warranty is expired it’s probably time to upgrade/change your power wall as it’s likely obsolete at that point anyway, just like the vehicle it charges. Now you’re paying thousands on top of the cost buying a new EV, which, (I think goes without saying) are NOT cheap to begin with. The exception being the Chevy Bolt (which is a throwaway car.)

I think it is pretty close, sure the price needs to come down a lot more but if you are already blowing money on solar tiles/new EV/ power wall, money is not your biggest concern. As technological advances, reliability and longevity will as well.

Lithium ion as home storage isn't the future. Powerwall has the Tesla fee/early adapter fee

So you’re comparing the vulnerabilities of a densely populated island in southeast NY state during a hurricane to every other possible natural disaster situation in the rest of the country in terms of fuel distribution? Lol I’d love to witness you debate someone in your facility. And to further add to my retort, by how you make it sound, the national critical infrastructure of Long Island sucks..
Don’t get upset when someone can come up with an anecdote to hurt your narrative. Long Island does suck, I spent a decade plus at ZNY.

Good luck with your hardship for corn allergies from CID.

If you are allergic to peanuts don’t come to Boston tracon. You’ll have to hardship out again. However we can have a quick debate, but show up fast, I retire in about 4 years.

Everyone at my facility knows I live to troll. I wish everyone there would hate me, but for some reason I can’t piss them all off.

-j

Don’t get upset when someone can come up with an anecdote to hurt your narrative. Long Island does suck, I spent a decade plus at ZNY.

Good luck with your hardship for corn allergies from CID.

If you are allergic to peanuts don’t come to Boston tracon. You’ll have to hardship out again. However we can have a quick debate, but show up fast, I retire in about 4 years.

Everyone at my facility knows I live to troll. I wish everyone there would hate me, but for some reason I can’t piss them all off.

-j
Narritive? That’s a genuine question fam. Comparing Long Island’s problems to the rest of the country and thinking that justifies some notion of advantage for EVs is well… laughable.

Narritive? That’s a genuine question fam. Comparing Long Island’s problems to the rest of the country and thinking that justifies some notion of advantage for EVs is well… laughable.

Wow, it’s amazing how some people just can’t seem to grasp the obvious. Let me remind you of that time during Hurricane Sandy when getting gas was a monumental struggle, but oh, we were blessed with electricity! Oh, what a delight! People slept in lines at gas stations while EVs could just cruise along, basking in their own glory.

But hey, EVs are not the almighty saviors, right? I’m not here to convince anyone to get one. After all, I have my shiny gas SUV to feel all traditional and stuff. And hey, no tax bucks for my EV, must mean it’s invaluable, right?

But you know what’s really ‘laughable’? Someone trying to milk a hardship claim for a corn allergy!

So, by all means, keep pushing those anti-EV narratives, if it makes you feel better. No cap, as the cool kids say. Oh, and just in case you’re wondering, ‘fam,’ it’s not an insult, just a term for those who refuse to see the light. Stay blissfully traditional, my friend.

/s

Last edited:
Wow, it’s amazing how some people just can’t seem to grasp the obvious. Let me remind you of that time during Hurricane Sandy when getting gas was a monumental struggle, but oh, we were blessed with electricity! Oh, what a delight! People slept in lines at gas stations while EVs could just cruise along, basking in their own glory.

But hey, EVs are not the almighty saviors, right? I’m not here to convince anyone to get one. After all, I have my shiny gas SUV to feel all traditional and stuff. And hey, no tax bucks for my EV, must mean it’s invaluable, right?

But you know what’s really ‘laughable’? Someone trying to milk a hardship claim for a corn allergy!

So, by all means, keep pushing those anti-EV narratives, if it makes you feel better. No cap, as the cool kids say. Oh, and just in case you’re wondering, ‘fam,’ it’s not an insult, just a term for those who refuse to see the light. Stay blissfully traditional, my friend.

😂 -j
I’d like to point out the fact that you admitted Long Island sucks so idk why you’re simping so hard for it rn. 😂

What’s with the hardship/allergies rhetoric? I’m not nor ever have attempted to hardship transfer so not sure what else to add there lol.

My “anti-EV narratives” have been anything but. I’ve said numerous times that EVs are the future for the environment and will be more sustainable, but the technology isn’t there yet and I’ve presented several valid arguments as to why. Imagine living to be such a troll that you lose sight of how to engage in a logical debate with someone and just inject some sort of random personal rancor to justify your argument lol. Stay cognitively dissonant, my friend. 😂

What’s with the hardship/allergies rhetoric? I’m not nor ever have attempted to hardship transfer so not sure what else to add there lol.
Sorry. I was mistaken.

Hey guys, right now I’m in Iowa and the area is nice but I have constant and severe allergies up here with all the corn, I’m talking sinus headaches (I mean umm.. upper sinus pressure) everyday, drainage etc. if I grab records from my allergenist and submit with a package is this likely to have a chance at approval? I’m trying to go to Missouri as that’s where I’m from and I didn’t have allergies like this until I moved here. Thanks.

Must be someone else. You have a twin?

You gave a point about natural disasters and how gas powered cars would be better off. I provided anecdotal evidence that it might not always be the case.

When were we debating? Look at the start of the exchange. I just provided an example contradicting yours. You must be slow.

Good luck chief!

Back
Top Bottom