Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Job Status:
Full Time
Salary:
$38,193.00 to $144,195.00 / Per Year
Pay Grade(s):
AG to AG
Who May Apply:
U.S. Citizens - CANDIDATE MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 52 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS POST CERTIFICATION AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL EXPERIENCE
Job Summary:
Business Component: Air Traffic Organization, various Terminal and En Route (Center) air traffic facilities FAA-Wide

Continue reading...

If I quit, how long until I am eligible to reapply under this bid?

The bid does not state a time frame for reapplication. It does, however, note certification or facility rating must be within the 5 years prior to submitting your application. Also, towards the top where it discusses pay bands, the announcement notes "AT-2152 xD/xE/xF...for former FAA developmental controllers rehired within one year of separation".

Without knowing the specifics of your individual case, it would be difficult to speculate.

I just saw this posted over on USAJobs. The rumors were actually true this time, down to the exact date. Here's to rolling the dice again to get picked up.

If you are a current military member in active duty service, you must submit a copy of your DD Form-214, or written documentation (certification) from your branch of service certifying that you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions no later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed.

I think I'm still going to apply though. Can only get denied again.

The 120 days out is a pain. I have about 9 months left I'm still going to apply regardless. I have a ? about the veteran's recruitment appointment (vra) can we leave blank or do we have pick that one the other 2 options don't apply to me? Also does anyone else know if the faa will be consistent with the prior experience bids?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-07-10-00-14.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-07-10-00-14.png
    316.6 KB · Views: 13
The 120 days out is a pain. I have about 9 months left I'm still going to apply regardless. I have a ? about the veteran's recruitment appointment (vra) can we leave blank or do we have pick that one the other 2 options don't apply to me? Also does anyone else know if the faa will be consistent with the prior experience bids?
I haven't applied yet, but can you not leave it blank? From what I read those are lists of special considerations the FAA may or may not take into consideration for hiring preference.

Just going off of statistics they have done 2 this fiscal year and 1 each of the past years. I think they will be consistent about having at least one a year. I don't know if they will be consistently at the same time. Considering the last one was back in December (just 3 months away) I doubt they will be at the same time of the year.

If you are a current military member in active duty service, you must submit a copy of your DD Form-214, or written documentation (certification) from your branch of service certifying that you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions no later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed.

I think I'm still going to apply though. Can only get denied again.

After reading the job description again regarding the 120 days, that seems to be only if you are claiming veteran's preference. There is a caveat that you must be able to complete all hiring requirements within 15 months of receiving a TOL, if I read correctly. That said, if I get rejected again, oh well.

EDIT: Here is the verbiage if you click the "Required Documents" drop down on the right hand side of the job posting:
"All Veterans: If you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit either a DD Form 214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (Member 4 Copy or equivalent), or a document from the armed forces certifying that within 120 days you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty service under honorable conditions....."

Last edited:
Yeah I read that part as well, the quote I got 120 days from is in the Additional Information + at the bottom.

This is the exact verbiage:
Entrance on Duty Requirements (EOD): If you are unable to complete all pre-employment requirements within 15 months of receiving a tentative offer, the FAA may rescind your offer for this vacancy. If you are a current military member in active duty service, you must submit a copy of your DD Form-214, or written documentation (certification) from your branch of service certifying that you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions no later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed.

This is the first cycle with this restriction. Anyone saying something like "last time I got a statement of separation.." or anything like that is correct. They changed the way they hire to, theoretically, get people into facilities faster. You must be able to be separated by 18Jan17 to be eligible on this announcement.

This is the first cycle with this restriction. Anyone saying something like "last time I got a statement of separation.." or anything like that is correct. They changed the way they hire to, theoretically, get people into facilities faster. You must be able to be separated by 18Jan17 to be eligible on this announcement.

Appreciate it. I'll just bide my time then.

That sucks. Oh well, at least I have a job for another 11 months in the wonderful USAF. They had this restriction for last years prior experience bid too, if memory serves me correctly.

That sucks. Oh well, at least I have a job for another 11 months in the wonderful USAF. They had this restriction for last years prior experience bid too, if memory serves me correctly.
You may be right. I just remember one of the previous ones having people with 3 years left getting TOLs and thinking how stupid.

I work with the military and after seeing this all the guys that are outside of the 120 day window unanimously said "I don't care, I'm applying anyway". Nothing against them but for the eligible applicants sake... I hope the elimination process of the over 120'ers is swift (or better yet automated) to expedite the process for the rest of us.

I work with the military and after seeing this all the guys that are outside of the 120 day window unanimously said "I don't care, I'm applying anyway". Nothing against them but for the eligible applicants sake... I hope the elimination process of the over 120'ers is swift (or better yet automated) to expedite the process for the rest of us.
I applied to the open bid and it told me when I submitted it that I wasn't eligible because of whatever requirement I didn't meet.

If I quit how long until I am eligible to reapply under this bid?
I called ACD and asked. Lady said there's no time frame that she's aware of. I asked if she knew if there would be any restrictions on subsequent placement and she had no idea.

Last edited:
You may be right. I just remember one of the previous ones having people with 3 years left getting TOLs and thinking how stupid.

That's the bid all of my previous co-workers applied to that had a year or so left. I'm regretting not applying to that bid.

I applied to the last prior experience bid. HR pushed me through to the ATO and that's where I, and many others, got rejected for the 120 day rule. So it was rather swift.

That's the bid all of my previous co-workers applied to that had a year or so left. I'm regretting not applying to that bid.

I applied to the last prior experience bid. HR pushed me through to the ATO and that's where I, and many others, got rejected for the 120 day rule. So it was rather swift.

Same experience. Didn't apply that year as I still had 3 years left. Now I'm at 10 months trying to convince myself I can make life outside of the Army work.

What's going on with this on... I gotten some info on the OTS about how many people they will be hiring every 6 months but it said nothing about the prior experience... any info anyone?

What's going on with this on... I gotten some info on the OTS about how many people they will be hiring every 6 months but it said nothing about the prior experience... any info anyone?

Based on 4 guys that I know that were picked up on previous bids, you shouldn't expect an update in your status for 1-2 months after the close date, and the avg is 9 months for those same guys from the time the bid closed to checking into their FAA facilities (all experienced hires). Patience is key.

Back
Top Bottom