Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-16-ATC-EXP-49432

Got to my new facility and they’re telling me I have to go to the Radar training class in OK because I don’t have an FAA Radar certification. Then what was the point of the experience bid? My friends that went to other locations aren’t going. Does anyone know where I can find information on this?

Show them your pink card. Faa radar certification right there

Got to my new facility and they’re telling me I have to go to the Radar training class in OK because I don’t have an FAA Radar certification. Then what was the point of the experience bid? My friends that went to other locations aren’t going. Does anyone know where I can find information on this?

The point is you don't go to the basic class that you could fail, and you dont get the lowest pay .The radar class is pass pass.

Get over it. RTF is fun and if you do things right you can bank a bunch of per diem/travel money

At least you are a government employee and won't get fired. You won't have to do the FULL school house BS either just RTF

FWIW 8/8 controllers hired to my fac under the prior exp bid did not go to RTF. 6/8 are CPC now. I work at a 5 up/down. We were all given the choice from our ATM.

After months of attempting to get an answer from medical, I got an email today saying I am now Tier 2. Boo! "Please be aware this process will add considerable amount of time to the clearing process." ...it says.
For anyone who had to go thru this...How long does it take from notice of Tier 2 to completion?

After months of attempting to get an answer from medical, I got an email today saying I am now Tier 2. Boo! "Please be aware this process will add considerable amount of time to the clearing process." ...it says.
For anyone who had to go thru this...How long does it take from notice of Tier 2 to completion?
There’s no timeframe. It will be a while.

Back
Top Bottom