Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-17-ATCEXP-52850

Does anybody know what seems to be the "average" time frame for people getting their medical approved?

I've been told by HR Reps 4-6 months. I too am still waiting. Feb 3rd marks 3 months for me.

Bid Closed: May 5
Referral List: June 28
TOL: September 29
CIL: October 10
MMPI October 20
Medical Apt: November 2
Drug Test: November 3
Conditional Security Clearance: December 28
MMPI-2 and Drug Test Clearance Notification: January 23
Medical Clearance: ?? (Still Pending Flight Surgeon Review)
Facility List:
FOL:
Total: 265 Days and Counting

I've been told by HR Reps 4-6 months. I too am still waiting. Feb 3rd marks 3 months for me.

MMPI October 20
Medical Clearance: ?? (Still Pending Flight Surgeon Review)
Facility List:
FOL:
Total: 265 Days and Counting

did you have any medical issues? I've seen people getting their medical clearance right away

Hey, do you have an actual POC for your medical clearances or just the [email protected]ov email? Reason I ask is because I want to know the status of my MMPI2 results to see if I'm good to go or need to do Tier 2.

did you have any medical issues? I've seen people getting their medical clearance right away

To answer both of these in one post...
I was originally using [email protected]ov as my POC until they needed further documentation about a specific medical condition noted in my MEDXpress. Then I was given a direct email to an actual POC and not an automated server. Since then I've only used that direct email to request information.

Friend of mine is waiting off the last veterans experience list and he has an other than honorable discharge. Anyone know if that would automatically throw his clearance away?

Also, I had to reschedule my medical and it's finally coming up on Wednesday. I am at a contract tower now, passed my regular physical in October and a little worried if something shows up on this detailed flight physical and if it would make its way back to my current job and them letting me go because of it.

Notified that I cleared medical this morning!

MMPI October 20
Medical Clearance: January 30
Facility List:
FOL:

I am awaiting my Medical to clear, but currently work for the DoD, wondering if the FAA is giving “safe pay” to anyone it applies to? Any feed back from anyone this applies to would be awesome! TIA

Congrats to those that that received their lists and FOL!

The opposite of danger pay.

I am awaiting my Medical to clear, but currently work for the DoD, wondering if the FAA is giving “safe pay” to anyone it applies to? Any feed back from anyone this applies to would be awesome! TIA

Congrats to those that that received their lists and FOL!

Pay

MMPI October 20
Facility List:
FOL:

Did they notify you by email or by phone? Just curious.

Emailed from my medical POC. Then I called HR about an hour later to confirm they also had it and they did.

Hey Bo. Congrats on clearing medical finally. Did you get an email from you POC unprompted or did you ask and get the answer?

Hey Bo. Congrats on clearing medical finally. Did you get an email from you POC unprompted or did you ask and get the answer?

I would email them about once a month seeking information, but the clearance email from my POC was unprompted. It was a complete surprise.

-- My clearance was a "special consideration" clearance due to a specific medical condition that they handle on a case by case basis. So I don't know if that was the reason the email was unprompted or not. If you have no medical history at all, you may or may not get an email, and might have to just call the Aviation Careers phone number (405-954-4657) once a month or so...

Best of luck to you! I'm glad to finally be waiting on a list. This wait felt really long. When you get cleared and/or your list you'll have to post it.

Last edited:
I would email them about once a month seeking information, but the clearance email from my POC was unprompted. It was a complete surprise.

-- My clearance was a "special consideration" clearance due to a specific medical condition that they handle on a case by case basis. So I don't know if that was the reason the email was unprompted or not. If you have no medical history at all, you may or may not get an email, and might have to just call the Aviation Careers phone number (405-954-4657) once a month or so...

Best of luck to you! I'm glad to finally be waiting on a list. This wait felt really long. When you get cleared and/or your list you'll have to post it.

I don’t have any special considerations in my medical package, so I’m not sure why it’s taking so long. I’ve been emailing my med POC and calling HR about once every couple weeks to be disappointed. Haha.

It has felt like so long to be waiting and it’s really frustrating to see friends that got CILs after me get lists first, but I know I just have to keep being patient. Still sucks though.

Congrats on your clearance again and best wishes for a good list. I’ll be sure to post mine here if/when I get one.

MMPI October 20
Facility List:
FOL:

Thats awesome man! I'll have to give them a ring tomorrow, maybe they are pushing through the next batch!

To answer both of these in one post...
I was originally using [email protected]ov as my POC until they needed further documentation about a specific medical condition noted in my MEDXpress. Then I was given a direct email to an actual POC and not an automated server. Since then I've only used that direct email to request information.
Congrats on the medical clearance! I've emailed that email 3 times now over the past month and still no response. I live in Los Angeles and heard the Pacific SW region is always backed up on medical clearances so maybe that's why. I just want to know that my MMPI2 is good so I don't have to wait any longer. Also, would you be willing to post your facility list once you get it? All the best.

Thats awesome man! I'll have to give them a ring tomorrow, maybe they are pushing through the next batch!

Congrats on the medical clearance! I've emailed that email 3 times now over the past month and still no response. I live in Los Angeles and heard the Pacific SW region is always backed up on medical clearances so maybe that's why. I just want to know that my MMPI2 is good so I don't have to wait any longer. Also, would you be willing to post your facility list once you get it? All the best.

Best of luck to both of you. Mine was processed through in the Great Lakes Region.

When I get my list I'll post it. Im going to go ahead and guess that I'll be getting a mix of level 4 - 6's. I have 5 years of Radar. It was two different airspaces MIB approach and RCA Approach, but it only counted as one RAPC because it was all in the same facility. So im very anxious to see what kind of list that equates too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom