Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-17-ATCEXP-52850

So they literally just replied to my last email I sent them less than an hour ago. They said I was medically cleared on 29 Jan so finally got an update!

Congrats!

EDIT: Forgot to mention this. When I called to verify they had my medical clearance, she told me 2-3 weeks for a list and they usually go out on a Thursday. So February 15th or 22nd hopefully.

Last edited:
Yeah. Everyone still waiting I guess. I still haven't gotten a medical clearance yet. My buddy has already started and he got his stuff like 2 weeks after me...

Friend of mine just received his TOL for this past Experience Bid. He was one of the people on the second referral list.

This terminal placement list that's updated on this site (pointsixtyfive) has me a little scared. Does anyone know how this works? Is that basically the list they give us to chose from (the reserved for prior exp selections)? If so...I feel like I missed my chance at a decent place to live. Any insight is appreciated.

This terminal placement list that's updated on this site (pointsixtyfive) has me a little scared. Does anyone know how this works? Is that basically the list they give us to chose from (the reserved for prior exp selections)? If so...I feel like I missed my chance at a decent place to live. Any insight is appreciated.
Are you fully cleared and simply waiting for your list?

Fully and simply. lol. Cleared as of Jan 27th
In that case, it doesn't necessarily mean you missed out on a certain facility. Your list will have ~20ish facilities on it (including N90). It will depend on your experience level which facilities are on your list. They will assign you a certain level and facility type (tower only, tower/tracon).

Ex - They feel given your experience level you should work at a Level 6-8 Up/Down. They will filter the terminal placement list to only show Level 6-8 Tower and Approach Controls, then your list will be the top ~20 facilities that are currently not assigned (Blank).

When prior experience hiring is in full swing, it's very tough for academy grads to get to highly desirable lower level facilities as the prior experience hires will snag them before they reach the top of the list. It doesn't show up on the current iteration of the terminal placement list, but you can expect the top ~36 facilities on the current list to be reserved for academy graduates.

In that case, it doesn't necessarily mean you missed out on a certain facility. Your list will have ~20ish facilities on it (including N90). It will depend on your experience level which facilities are on your list. They will assign you a certain level and facility type (tower only, tower/tracon).

Ex - They feel given your experience level you should work at a Level 6-8 Up/Down. They will filter the terminal placement list to only show Level 6-8 Tower and Approach Controls, then your list will be the top ~20 facilities that are currently not assigned (Blank).

When prior experience hiring is in full swing, it's very tough for academy grads to get to highly desirable lower level facilities as the prior experience hires will snag them before they reach the top of the list. It doesn't show up on the current iteration of the terminal placement list, but you can expect the top ~36 facilities on the current list to be reserved for academy graduates.
Awesome! Thanks for the in-depth response. I'll just take the list as a point of reference and not worry myself to death waiting on my list to come.

I hope I am wrong, but it's looking like maybe lists will come out next week. It seems like they are spreading the lists out a little bit. Just from reading through the forums it's looking like once a month.

Dec 28th
Jan 26
Feb ?

That's just what I am gathering. They also have the NCEPT today as well, so that could be a playing a factor.

I hope I am wrong, but it's looking like maybe lists will come out next week. It seems like they are spreading the lists out a little bit. Just from reading through the forums it's looking like once a month.

Dec 28th
Jan 26
Feb ?

That's just what I am gathering. They also have the NCEPT today as well, so that could be a playing a factor.

Why would you hope it’s wrong? You could be getting one of those lists

Placement cycles are every two weeks.

HR told me I was cleared on Jan 26.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with HR. They said if I hit 4 weeks with no list (which is next week), they said to call them late next week and they will get me in touch with the right people.

Last edited:

Dec 28th
Jan 26
Feb ?

As far as facility assignment dates (typically ~ 4-7 days after lists are given), here's what the last three months have looked like in terms of total numbers...

October 3rd, 2017 - 9 people
October 31st, 2017 - 11 people
December 5th, 2017 - 9 people
January 3rd, 2018 - 54 people
January 31st, 2018 - 50 people

If they continue on their four week trend, I'd expect lists to come out by the end of next week with a facility assignment date between 2/27-3/1

As far as facility assignment dates (typically ~ 4-7 days after lists are given), here's what the last three months have looked like in terms of total numbers...

If they continue on their four week trend, I'd expect lists to come out by the end of next week with a facility assignment date between 2/27-3/1

Thanks for ALL of your info over the last several months. I know it is not something I deserve but I appreciate your willingness to help and your info always held true.

Do you know how far out you can push your start date at the new facility? Im working overseas and these contract companies like a 60 day notice of termination. I would like to give them enough time to find my replacement. However, if thats going to come between me and my facility of choice...they (this contract company) will just have to deal.

Back
Top Bottom