Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-17-ATCEXP-52850

I think they did something a little different this time around. They only generated 3 lists: low-level up/downs, mid-level, and tracons. So depending on what you were qualified for, you got one of the 3.

I think they did something a little different this time around. They only generated 3 lists: low-level up/downs, mid-level, and tracons. So depending on what you were qualified for, you got one of the 3.

That would make sense but I know of a guy with 3 cto’s and no approach and he got a list with the 8’s and 9’s on it.... I have 6 CTO’s and an approach and I got all 7’s and below. Just sayin, doesn’t seem to have a rhyme or reason.

That would make sense but I know of a guy with 3 cto’s and no approach and he got a list with the 8’s and 9’s on it.... I have 6 CTO’s and an approach and I got all 7’s and below. Just sayin, doesn’t seem to have a rhyme or reason.
That’s not what I’m talking about. Offered facilities are based on the SOP formula, it’s not a mystery. The lists themselves are what are being handled differently.

That’s not what I’m talking about. Offered facilities are based on the SOP formula, it’s not a mystery. The lists themselves are what are being handled differently.

That sounds like admin speak, I’ll just be a good little hiree over here now lol

If you're curious, you can read about the placement process here and how lists are determined.
Previous Experience Hire Placement
I’m trying to use this and it said there’s an “Attachment B” with an example of how the formula is used but it wasn’t there. The SOP only showed pages 1-10 out of 11 total so it’s missing the last page.

EDIT: if anyone knows how this is suppose to be done please PM. Thanks

Last edited:
I’m trying to use this and it said there’s an “Attachment B” with an example of how the formula is used but it wasn’t there. The SOP only showed pages 1-10 out of 11 total so it’s missing the last page.

EDIT: if anyone knows how this is suppose to be done please PM. Thanks

Attachments

• SOP Previous Experience Placement FY 15 Signed Final.pdf
    460 KB · Views: 51
does anyone know how long it'll take before we hear anything back from them once we submit our survey or preference list? I know every things a waiting game with them but does anyone have experience or an idea on the turn around time for them to get back to us on the actual location were gonna get? now I'm just nervous, and anxious...and straight up curious cause i need to figure out finances, when to put in my 2 week notice, to deal with getting out of current place and looking for new place etc...you know the usual that everyones gonna have to do as well, but as usual i would like to have even an idea please and thank you

does anyone know how long it'll take before we hear anything back from them once we submit our survey or preference list? I know every things a waiting game with them but does anyone have experience or an idea on the turn around time for them to get back to us on the actual location were gonna get? now I'm just nervous, and anxious...and straight up curious cause i need to figure out finances, when to put in my 2 week notice, to deal with getting out of current place and looking for new place etc...you know the usual that everyones gonna have to do as well, but as usual i would like to have even an idea please and thank you
Quick turn, you guys will find out by Wednesday/Thursday this week.

and then i think i remember seeing something about report dates anywhere from 2 wks to 60 days or something like that...is that accurate?
Always the first day of the pay period. Start at next one and go out about 6-8 weeks for the range of dates.

My HR rep wrote me this making me think it’s not only this week but we could start next pay period if you want to.

Attachments

• 53B9FBDB-F80C-4710-8C29-AADDFD923E5C.jpeg
    53B9FBDB-F80C-4710-8C29-AADDFD923E5C.jpeg
    230 KB · Views: 53
Now that the deadline is past due for turning in our lists, what did everyone put in the top 5? I can start.

#1 SGF
#2 DSM
#3 RSW
#4 ABQ
#5 SAV

Back
Top Bottom