Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-18-ATCEXP-56707

Do you guys think a guy with 17 years experience 9 towers 2 rapcons 1 gca would get level 5-7? I did FML!
It's already been explained to you that the FAA looks at quality, not quantity. If you were at slower bases you get lower level facilities. If you don't like it, don't accept the offer and go take your lawyer enforcement job. The FAA staffs to the FAA's needs, not yours.

My only facility was facsfacjax. Being that it’s only radar I’m not sure what to expect. Just wishing I could have been one of the recipients of a list from this last batch of lists. So my wait continues. 1 month an half and counting of being cleared ?

I didn’t pick crap because I’m still waiting to be cleared. I’m not Tier 2 and I’m from the April 2017 bid. Been waiting over three months for my med clearance ? consider yourself lucky if you’re from the March 2018 bid and already got a list.

I didn’t pick crap because I’m still waiting to be cleared. I’m not Tier 2 and I’m from the April 2017 bid. Been waiting over three months for my med clearance ? consider yourself lucky if you’re from the March 2018 bid and already got a list.
I’m from 2017 bid as well man finally got my clearance in early July... So I feel your pain, hopefully it’ll come soon thou!!

It’s rough waiting on that clearance! How long did you wait for yours? I finally bothered my HR rep enough that she escalated it to the head flight surgeon so I hope to hear something soon.

It’s rough waiting on that clearance! How long did you wait for yours? I finally bothered my HR rep enough that she escalated it to the head flight surgeon so I hope to hear something soon.
Did my medical and MMPI in early December and then yea Finally received my clearance in July. I had to submit some extra info to the flight surgeon for them to be able to clear me in February and that prolonged the clearance process for me.

Last edited:
My top 4 submitted were CAK, ACT, FTW, BFI. These next couple of weeks are gonna be the slowest as we wait for the next word of facility assignment and start dates... so close..

My top 4 submitted were CAK, ACT, FTW, BFI. These next couple of weeks are gonna be the slowest as we wait for the next word of facility assignment and start dates... so close..
There’s a good chance we will find out tomo or Thursday atleast in the past it has been about a week or so after the lists went out. My top 4 were FTW, CAK, HPN, GRR.

There’s a good chance we will find out tomo or Thursday atleast in the past it has been about a week or so after the lists went out. My top 4 were FTW, CAK, HPN, GRR.

Nice! I’m a Texas guy but am looking to settle down somewhere else which is kinda why I put CAK followed by 2 Texas facilities. I like your positivity man but why do you think we will hear back tomorrow? The sooner the better so I hope that’s the case!

Nice! I’m a Texas guy but am looking to settle down somewhere else which is kinda why I put CAK followed by 2 Texas facilities. I like your positivity man but why do you think we will hear back tomorrow? The sooner the better so I hope that’s the case!
Gotcha man maybe will end up at the same facility who knows lol Not saying we definitely will tomo but many of the past lists that have gone out they got there facility assignments about 7 days or so after receiving there lists. Just hoping it’s 7 days for us as well which would be tomo!! We should definitely get it by end of next week at the latest thou but I’m expecting them to come this week for sure.

Really? My reps keep telling me there’s nothing they can do to hurry up medical clearance

Really? My reps keep telling me there’s nothing they can do to hurry up medical clearance

I can never get ahold of my medical POC, the only person that ever seems to be somewhat helpful and kind is my HR rep whom I’ve been bugging about my clearance for months to the point where she FINALLY is doing something to actually help. Not sure what the outcome will be, but I’m glad I was able to talk to someone who has some pull!

Back
Top Bottom