Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-18-ATCEXP-56707

Without knowing anything else, my #1 assumption with medical delays is getting records from the VA. If you haven't, check with your POC to make sure they actually have everything they need. If they do, then it's just waiting.

They've said they have everything they need since August/September. Just been a definitive "waiting for flight surgeon to review your file."

I’ll be headed to ELM. It was my 5th choice

I grew up right down the street from the tower at ELM and my parents still live there. It's an okay area to live if you don't mind small towns, and even before CPC pay you'll be well above middle class living up there. Pretty sure they're losing their approach control to AVP soon though. When do you report?

February 3rd. If I had known they were losing the approach, I would’ve put AVP above it on my list ????. I don’t mind a small town, I grew up in a small town and currently live in one at the moment.

I grew up right down the street from the tower at ELM and my parents still live there. It's an okay area to live if you don't mind small towns, and even before CPC pay you'll be well above middle class living up there. Pretty sure they're losing their approach control to AVP soon though. When do you report?

they are not

Thanks MJ. That was just a rumor that some of the controllers at ELM were talking about, and I was just looking through the 804 thread to try to confirm or deny when you posted. Thanks for the correction.

Last edited:
they are not

Thanks MJ. That was just a rumor that some of the controllers at ELM were talking about, and I was just looking through the 804 thread to try to confirm or deny when you posted. Thanks for the correction.

Yes they are, at least that will be the recommendation. The decision wasn't made until after the last section 804 report was published. They aren't included in the documents until the recommendation is ready, and they don't publish them 1 by 1

For everyone looking for future timelines:

Application 19 March 2018
TOL 8 June
CIL 28 June
E-QIP 6 July
MMPI-2 12 July
Physical/drug test 20 July
Cleared all ending of July
Facility List 14 November
Fac Placement 21 Nov(CRP 2nd choice)
Firm Offer Letter 6 December 2018

Apparently I did not get the memo for whom I am supposed to suck off to get a medical clearance. My application has been "waiting for flight doc review" and stagnant for 4 months now. I have consistently reached out to my POCs at the medical facility--plural because my original POC went somewhere and someone else took over. I typically email once every week or two and always get the same reply. I spoke with someone at 'aviation careers' today and they said it was in the hands of the medical facility... that there was nothing they can do. Does anyone have any recommendations to make sure my application didn't fall behind someone's desk or get misplaced? I assume they do everything digitally--can anyone confirm that?

Apparently I did not get the memo for whom I am supposed to suck off to get a medical clearance. My application has been "waiting for flight doc review" and stagnant for 4 months now. I have consistently reached out to my POCs at the medical facility--plural because my original POC went somewhere and someone else took over. I typically email once every week or two and always get the same reply. I spoke with someone at 'aviation careers' today and they said it was in the hands of the medical facility... that there was nothing they can do. Does anyone have any recommendations to make sure my application didn't fall behind someone's desk or get misplaced? I assume they do everything digitally--can anyone confirm that?
While they may do it digitally now, new hire applicants medicals are looked at last. That means current controller medicals, controllers losing their medical, controllers trying to get their medical back, and a whole host of other people all come first. Often times the medical people in particular regions won't even look at new applicant medical packages for days to weeks.

Another month passed since my last inquiry with the flight surgeon office. Got notification this morning that I have been medically cleared! Woo hoo! Now we just need the donkeys and elephants to play nice to pass a funding bill so I can get a facility list.

Anyone on here have a 3 Feb start date...and if so did you try to push it back to PP4 to see if the gov shuts down again?

I didn’t push anything back, but that’s my report date. I called HR today to make sure it was still good to go, they didn’t know, said someone would contact me soon. Though my facility manager told me a while ago that I’d be contacted a week prior to the start date if it was being pushed back.

I didn’t push anything back, but that’s my report date. I called HR today to make sure it was still good to go, they didn’t know, said someone would contact me soon. Though my facility manager told me a while ago that I’d be contacted a week prior to the start date if it was being pushed back.
Pretty much what they told me as well. Have you received your EODS stuff yet?

Just got my list of facilities about an hour ago... 28 possible locations. I will post them up later if anyone is interested.

Back
Top Bottom