Hiring Bid Experienced Bid: FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-60073

White Plains is a nice area

Yeah? Don’t know much about the area to the north/northeast of the city. Well my ole lady has worked in Manhattan for the last two years so when I saw it, naturally I got a little excited. Just couldn’t imagine TOOOO many people vying to get to New York, especially that area. Plan is, in a perfect world, to go from HPN to either LGA, EWR, or JFK. We were looking into the Yonkers area. Have seen some nice places in the Hudson area and then on the other side in New Rochelle.

Lexington was #2. Got a buddy who works there now and said they were in the process of taking on some airspace and upgrading to an 8 which would be an added bonus.

I know they determine the lists given out by the numbers from the PPT but after you rank them what’s the process? First come first served type deal?

I know they determine the lists given out by the numbers from the PPT but after you rank them what’s the process? First come first served type deal?
Best answer you’ll get is “needs of the FAA”. I know of two people who were personally selected at XYZ facility by the ATM himself. Hell, one of them received the FOL email to said facility before submitting their list ranking.

How so? Is BNA extremely sought after? I’m srsly wondering.
I'm not sure about "extremely sought after", but the transfer rules that just came out will make it hard for any of us to transfer there. But for some reason they seem it ok for prior exp to get sent there.
Also with the rules changes there were about 11 facilities that we can now transfer to at least 3 of them are on that list meaning there a chance alot of CPC won't get picked up if you guys get selected to those places.

I'm not sure about "extremely sought after", but the transfer rules that just came out will make it hard for any of us to transfer there. But for some reason they seem it ok for prior exp to get sent there.
Also with the rules changes there were about 11 facilities that we can now transfer to at least 3 of them are on that list meaning there a chance alot of CPC won't get picked up if you guys get selected to those places.
Oh damn I haven’t really looked into the transfer process I’ve just heard it’s kinda horrible. Which facilities are they limiting transfers to?

The fact that BNA is on a prior experience list just shows you how big of a joke the FAA is.
We actually need people:
-Plans call for opening Arrival East in October (Might be Sept have to check)
-Traffic is increasing 10% a month
-MTSU just enrolled 600 flight school students with plans to purchase double their current amount of planes
-Departure Radar East gets their teeth kicked in with practice approaches on good weather days (combined with working departures and arrivals)
-ZME just throws planes at BNA with the idea that we will fix everything because they dislike us
-JWN is finally getting a tower, now if we could just convince MBT to get one and increase our staffing by another 20 bodies we would be in great shape.
*EDIT* MQY gets their teeth kicked in as well with pattern work.
**EDIT** Forgot to mention the tower works 90% of the time with Clearance combined on ground along with arbitrary taxiway closures due to an incompetent Airport Authority
*** Begging for a Class Bravo ***

Last edited:
We actually need people:
-Plans call for opening Arrival East in October (Might be Sept have to check)
-Traffic is increasing 10% a month
-MTSU just enrolled 600 flight school students with plans to purchase double their current amount of planes
-Departure Radar East gets their teeth kicked in with practice approaches on good weather days (combined with working departures and arrivals)
-ZME just throws planes at BNA with the idea that we will fix everything because they dislike us
-JWN is finally getting a tower, now if we could just convince MBT to get one and increase our staffing by another 20 bodies we would be in great shape.
*EDIT* MQY gets their teeth kicked in as well with pattern work.
**EDIT** Forgot to mention the tower works 90% of the time with Clearance combined on ground along with arbitrary taxiway closures due to an incompetent Airport Authority
*** Begging for a Class Bravo ***
Yeah you need people except they are giving the facility to a new hire and not people who have been trying to get there for years.

Yeah you need people except they are giving the facility to a new hire and not people who have been trying to get there for years.

Take a tour of the facility, speak to the FACREP, then put in an ERR. Take the time to discuss with your RVP about when the NCEPT system is a terrible idea then write letters to your other elected Union leaders about why it is a terrible idea as well. When the next national election rolls around actually listen and compare candidates instead of buying into propaganda?

Back
Top Bottom