Hiring Bid Experienced Bid: FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-60073

When I was looking at Ksn today there was quite a few decent facilities reserved for this upcoming list.

Anyone have a drug test get lost?

Medical called this morning saying they havent received it (took test on 27 aug). She had me email the chain of custody. i called the drug test place where I went, they said it was mailed out same day.

Anyone have a drug test get lost?

Medical called this morning saying they havent received it (took test on 27 aug). She had me email the chain of custody. i called the drug test place where I went, they said it was mailed out same day.
Back in 2008 when I was in the hiring process mine got lost. I didn't know for like four months. Ended up having to do a second test. Was cleared quickly afterwards.

Back in 2008 when I was in the hiring process mine got lost. I didn't know for like four months. Ended up having to do a second test. Was cleared quickly afterwards.

Im at just under 2 weeks and they notified me. She said she would find out by Friday or have me do another test.

Only thing holding me back from getting a list. Or so I assume, havent heard anything on my security clearance past needing to make an edit a month ago.

Im at just under 2 weeks and they notified me. She said she would find out by Friday or have me do another test.

Only thing holding me back from getting a list. Or so I assume, havent heard anything on my security clearance past needing to make an edit a month ago.
Call on Friday morning to check on it and if they haven’t found it then tell them you’re going to reschedule a new one on Monday. And while you have them on the phone ask them about the status of your medical and security clearance because you can have EVERYTHING submitted but it can be under a stack of others waiting for approval for months.

Security clearance took a few days for them to grant me my conditional and medical took the longest. Completed everything first week of April didn’t get cleared until July 10th and no list until August 21st/22nd.

Call on Friday morning to check on it and if they haven’t found it then tell them you’re going to reschedule a new one on Monday. And while you have them on the phone ask them about the status of your medical and security clearance because you can have EVERYTHING submitted but it can be under a stack of others waiting for approval for months.

Security clearance took a few days for them to grant me my conditional and medical took the longest. Completed everything first week of April didn’t get cleared until July 10th and no list until August 21st/22nd.

She told me she had the physical and mmpi and both were good to go, just missing the drug test. Her email shows her from the regional aerospace medical division, applicant analysis. So I assume she is the one processing the medical clearance and is working on it.

Ill call her back Friday though. Aviations Careers emailed me today asking for dates I did everything. I added in this current thing. They just replied "Thank you".

Finally a bit of forward progress!

I reached out to Aviation Careers to check on the status of my application which has been pending medical review for CIL completion. HR said the doctor has up to 4 months to review an applicant’s Class II results.

I did my physical on 5/6 and the doc cleared it on 9/5. Talk about using every last day available..

They said I should receive a list in the next batch. ?

So since being notified my drug test went missing on Monday, I emailed the medical person Wednesday. she said she had just sent a reminder to the Drug Abatement Office.

Should I call or email her again tommorrow afternoon, or just continue to wait? I dont want to be an annoying pain, but I also want to make sure Im kept up to date.

edit: called the drug test scheduling place, they said they had the results, so I had them email it to my medical person. Hopefully this solves the issue.

Last edited:
I’ve been awaiting FS review for over 5 months now. Have called & e-mailed regularly and am consistently informed that everything is available and accounted for but a timeline for Flight Surgeon can’t be predicted. They have set workload priorities and they get to a candidate when they do.
-this is what I’ve been told, not being argumentative but it conflicts with the information above so maybe there are others who can weigh in. ??‍♂️

I’ve been awaiting FS review for over 5 months now. Have called & e-mailed regularly and am consistently informed that everything is available and accounted for but a timeline for Flight Surgeon can’t be predicted. They have set workload priorities and they get to a candidate when they do.
-this is what I’ve been told, not being argumentative but it conflicts with the information above so maybe there are others who can weigh in. ??‍♂️

Infuriating, I know. I’m in the Southwest (GYR) like many others that have been waiting for 4+ months. I just got cleared last week with no email, follow up, or anything. Like you, also called and emailed regularly and got the same canned response each time (to include one day before I was randomly cleared). Sadly, it’s totally in their hands with zero rhyme or reason as to how and when things get done.

I got informed the doc signed off my medical yesterday. I emailed my HR rep about 24 hours ago saying it was signed off and asking the next step, and didnt get a response.

Do i just wait, or should i try to follow up again? Id like to get a list this week if possible.

Do you get an email to notify you that you are queued for a list?

I got informed the doc signed off my medical yesterday. I emailed my HR rep about 24 hours ago saying it was signed off and asking the next step, and didnt get a response.

Do i just wait, or should i try to follow up again? Id like to get a list this week if possible.

Do you get an email to notify you that you are queued for a list?
If you call HR they can let you know if that’s all you are waiting for. I actually emailed the placement people when I should expect a list because I was frustrated waiting and they said to expect one late August and it happened. Give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom