Hiring Bid Experienced Bid: FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-60073

If you call HR they can let you know if that’s all you are waiting for. I actually emailed the placement people when I should expect a list because I was frustrated waiting and they said to expect one late August and it happened. Give it a try.
Any specific phone number for HR?

Edit: Actually found the number. They said I am awaiting placement and it would probably be a few weeks. i was hoping sooner.

Where did you find the placement people email?

Last edited:
I know a few people that have completed their Tier II evaluation and are waiting to be cleared then receive a list. Has anyone reached out or heard anything that may be in the same boat?

If anyone is still following this thread here is an update: (no medical clearance)
Apply: December 2018
TOL: March 8 2019
CIL: April 8 2019
Med differed/Req SF180: May 16 2019
Narrative for drug/alcohol: June 11 2019
Med Testing for VA claim: Aug 6 2019
Med request PFT and pulmonology exam(i have asthma but within medical limits/I also carry a Class II medical, working for Serco): Sept 16 2019
Closest appointment to see a pulmo isnt until november-january timeframe.
--------------------------------------------
Does anyone else have asthma and works in the FAA?
I was differed on asthma even though I met all the criteria to not be differed. If that makes sense according the FAR/CFRs.

I know a few people that have completed their Tier II evaluation and are waiting to be cleared then receive a list. Has anyone reached out or heard anything that may be in the same boat?

I haven't heard anything I am getting strung along in the medical process with no updates or an end in sight..

I haven't heard anything I am getting strung along in the medical process with no updates or an end in sight..
I’m in the same boat. Still waiting on flight surgeon review. I completed everything on the absolute last day possible (June 10th I believe) since I’m already a federal employee (DoD) I’m not too worried about the wait. What region are you in? I’m in the Southwest and I’ve been told it’s a minimum of 4 months.

My friend just got cleared for tier 2 last week and he was from the March 2018 bid lol so I imagine it could be a long wait if you're tier 2....

Received an email from my medical POC saying the FS reviewed my requested status report (where the doctor annotated “excellent prognosis”) and is now requesting a full Functional Capacity Exam. This is for “degenerative arthritis with strain - lumbosacral” (back pain).. so.. I wake up with a stiff back. Not exactly sure how this pertains to ATC duties, especially considering having been doing ATC for the last nearly 7 years.

The games continue.

Crikey. I'm responding late to this. I had to have my FCE done 5 months ago-- $700 out of pocket. About a knee surgery I had 6 years ago. Still waiting for clearance

I’ll probably decline if I don’t get one of my top five and retry on the next bid.
You got a good top 5. HIO and FAT wouldn’t be bad either if you ended up with either of those. My facility is on your list but you have it a ways down ???

Back
Top Bottom