Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-18-ALLN90-54212

Yeah I am, I don’t think I will be taking the
AT-SA for that one. I’m a terminal controller already I don’t want to go to OKC for that, I want to learn TRACON.

If I don’t get this N90 bid, I’ll just wait until the next experienced terminal bid. That’s the route I reccomend for everyone with a CTO.

Okay, someone correct me if I am wrong, and please be nice about it :)

I was under the impression that if your application was indeed referred, you’re status on USAJOBS would change to “Referred,” and that you would receive a message like the one below. From the message that everyone is posting, it sounds like they’re just reviewing our applications and scores to weed out those with scores on the lower end. Then those who passed with whatever score they’re looking for would change to “Referred,” and only some, BUT NOT ALL, of those “Referred” would receive TOL’s. Anyone who could shed some light on my assumptions please?

• Referral list FA-ATO-18-ALLN90-54212: Issued on XX/XX/ 2018 for the Westbury, New York duty location at (the) XX grade/payband. A list of the most qualified applicants has been sent to the office with announcement #FA-ATO-18-ALLN90-54212: . Your application was not included at this time. Please continue to check back for status updates.

• Referral list FA-ATO-18-ALLN90-54212: Issued on XX/XX/2018 for the Westbury, New York duty location at (the) XX grade/payband. Your application is among those being reviewed by the office with announcement # FA-ATO-18-ALLN90-54212: You may or may not be contacted for an interview. Please continue to check back for status updates.

You very well could be right, but I did call HR today about the status of my application which says "A referral list was issued. Your application is among those being reviewed. Please continue to check back for status updates", and he said that I was referred. As well as my status on USAjobs still says "received".

yes, I don’t have it. my application still says it’s received not changed to referred or anything like that. I took my ATSA very late on Aug 23rd, that could be why. To be honest I’m pretty damn sure I failed that test. It has absolutely nothing to do with ATC at all.

yes, I don’t have it. my application still says it’s received not changed to referred or anything like that. I took my ATSA very late on Aug 23rd, that could be why. To be honest I’m pretty damn sure I failed that test. It has absolutely nothing to do with ATC at all.
There are people who took it after the 23rd so I don’t believe that that would be the reason. The testing window was open until Sept. 13. I’m also still in “Received” status although I have the same message as everyone else. But judging by all the other posts on here don’t give up until you get a definite answer one way or the other! Apparently there’s no rhyme or reason to the way the FAA does things, and if there is it’s not something the “public” would know about or understand.

My buddy's (no vet bonus) account is the same as ours.

I was one of the ~800 qualified (based off location) out of the ~1400 that applied. I was surprised about how many didn't read the application in it's entirety or just hit the apply button anyway.

Can you verify these #s??
Historically, a good amount of applicants don’t pass the ATSA or do & don’t receive a TOL. Going off your #s, a safe guess is that at this point ~500 people got the update we got.

IMO everything is moving along as planned, we are an extremely small group of people considering the population within 50mi of Westbury. Even more so we are the obsessive few who would take the time to register & post to a forum dedicated to a job we are likely not to know the first (practical) thing about for at least another 8 mo. Is it a bad sign we are all receiving the same feedback?

My buddy's (no vet bonus) account is the same as ours.

Can you verify these #s??
Historically, a good amount of applicants don’t pass the ATSA or do & don’t receive a TOL. Going off your #s, a safe guess is that at this point ~500 people got the update we got.

IMO everything is moving along as planned, we are an extremely small group of people considering the population within 50mi of Westbury. Even more so we are the obsessive few who would take the time to register & post to a forum dedicated to a job we are likely not to know the first (practical) thing about for at least another 8 mo. Is it a bad sign we are all receiving the same feedback?

True. I agree to that, and I hope you're right. Part of my skepticism comes from my friend who didn't prepare at all and said he felt like he bombed it also got the message too. There's always the chance he just passed, but i just assumed if there was anyone who didn't get it, it would be him lol.

Oh also, have any idea how many people actually got TOLs out of those referred from your buddy's bid?

True. I agree to that, and I hope you're right. Part of my skepticism comes from my friend who didn't prepare at all and said he felt like he bombed it also got the message too. There's always the chance he just passed, but i just assumed if there was anyone who didn't get it, it would be him lol.

Oh also, have any idea how many people actually got TOLs out of those referred from your buddy's bid?
Idt we will ever know how the ATSA is graded. Wouldn’t read into your friends situation too much. Also, my buddy has only applied to this bid (N90). I have no idea what the numbers are & no one has received a TOL tmk.

Idt we will ever know how the ATSA is graded. Wouldn’t read into your friends situation too much. Also, my buddy has only applied to this bid (N90). I have no idea what the numbers are & no one has received a TOL tmk.

Ah yeah, I'm not. Just not going to get my hopes up much until I see a TOL, I guess. And oh, I thought you were saying your buddy was in a prior exp. N90 bid or something.

Back
Top Bottom