Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-18-ALLN90-54212

At this point I’d genuinely be surprised if they don’t try to rescind the remaining N90 TOLs. The people that got to N90 last month were told to expect to start training in spring 2022.
The people that passed the academy have to wait to start training in spring 2022?

I just got a class date for November 5th

The people that passed the academy have to wait to start training in spring 2022?

A friend of mine there now said he won’t start training in another position until maybe April next year and they are going to send them back to OKC for a refresher... lol

Yeah he’s getting paid to do nothing really. He finished training in data and just doing that waiting for the next class for whatever he’s gonna train in next. Luckily he’s at the top of the D1 payband and not AG.

It does depend on which area you get assigned to, but that’s very possible. Put simply, each class only accommodates around 4 trainees and each area can only run around 2 classes per year, so if there are 16 trainees in front of you for class dates.... You can do the math.

Honestly, if you can survive on 55k it’s really not a bad deal. The trainees here are working 4x10 hour shifts so they get 3 days off a week, they usually work hour-on, hour-off, and they can get whatever leave you want because there’s so many of them.

He was D1 from the start, I think all prior military or maybe just prior mil w/ experience starts at the lowest D pay band.

Prior mil controllers start at the bottom of the D band.

The good news is the FAA finally agreed they screwed up with the new training program and it’s getting fixed, so that will make training go much faster than it currently is once you’re on the floor training on scopes.

Back
Top Bottom