Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-18-N90EXP-56712

We need a lot of people before anyone can transfer or for the err mou to go away or be modified. We are supposed to be getting around 80 trainees this year. I'm going to estimate that of those 80, 60 pass OKC. Of those 60, going off historic trend for certifying, about 10 of those will certify and it will take 1.5-2 years. That might cover retirements for this year.

(For the record, I think the historic training failure numbers here are skewed. Since I've been here, it's been more around 50% washout rate rather than 80%)

Someone on a stuckmic thread said that if you are hired specifically for n90 and go the tetra course that you will never be able to transfer out of n90 for your entire career. Is this true?
Unless the ERR MOU changes, N90 is the only facility that is a borderline death sentence. They'll simply never have the staffing to be able to transfer out.

Per Article 99, Section 6 of the slate book, hardships can be "approved", but denied due to staffing.

"If the Agency determines that the request cannot be accommodated due to staffing, the
request will remain active for fifteen (15) months and reviewed every six
(6) months by the Parties at the Service Area/AFSIAG level. After each
six (6) month review, a notice will be sent to the employee regarding the
disposition of the request."

@DankVectorz can verify, but I would assume hardships out of N90 would be "denied" due to staffing.

If you pass TETRA and if you certify at N90 (not to sugarcoat it, but for an OTS hire or CTI graduate with no experience, your chance of success is in the neighborhood of 1-3%), here are your options to escape N90...

1) DOD transfer. You apply to DOD jobs, when selected, you'd quit the FAA. After 6 months, you can apply to prior experience bids or apply directly to other facilities via CPC reinstatement.
2) See 1.

The staffing issue could probably be resolved pretty quickly if they moved it off Long Island, but that’ll likely never happen.

Thanks to the politicians who refuse to let this amount of good paying jobs out of their districts. Last year the training manager asked me what could they do to attract more prior experienced people, I told them move it off Long Island. Instead they're building us a new building behind our current one.

Thanks to the politicians who refuse to let this amount of good paying jobs out of their districts. Last year the training manager asked me what could they do to attract more prior experienced people, I told them move it off Long Island. Instead they're building us a new building behind our current one.
The tipping point is right around the corner. Something drastic has to happen or they’ll likely never climb out of the hole they’re in.

Referral List Status

Referral list FA-FAA-18-107416: Issued on 03/29/2018 for the Westbury, New York duty location at (the) AT-AG grade/payband. A list of the most qualified applicants has been sent to the office with announcement # FAA-ATO-18-N90EXP-56712. Your application was not included at this time. Please continue to check back for status updates.

Referral list FA-FAA-18-107436: Issued on 03/30/2018 for the Westbury, New York duty location at (the) AT-AG grade/payband. Your application is among those being reviewed by the office with announcement # FAA-ATO-18-N90EXP-56712. You may or may not be contacted for an interview. Please continue to check back for status updates.

Can anyone tell me what the second bucket means? Wondering if i'm out this go around. Looks like a lower tier hire priority to me. I am a tower CPC by the way, no radar experience.

Referral List Status

Referral list FA-FAA-18-107416: Issued on 03/29/2018 for the Westbury, New York duty location at (the) AT-AG grade/payband. A list of the most qualified applicants has been sent to the office with announcement # FAA-ATO-18-N90EXP-56712. Your application was not included at this time. Please continue to check back for status updates.

Referral list FA-FAA-18-107436: Issued on 03/30/2018 for the Westbury, New York duty location at (the) AT-AG grade/payband. Your application is among those being reviewed by the office with announcement # FAA-ATO-18-N90EXP-56712. You may or may not be contacted for an interview. Please continue to check back for status updates.

Can anyone tell me what the second bucket means? Wondering if i'm out this go around. Looks like a lower tier hire priority to me. I am a tower CPC by the way, no radar experience.

So if it's like the ots bid it means you've been referred for pool 2. Pool 1 is the top list and pool 2 is the bottom list. So not referred for pool 1 but referred for pool 2.

Unless the ERR MOU changes, N90 is the only facility that is a borderline death sentence. They'll simply never have the staffing to be able to transfer out.

Per Article 99, Section 6 of the slate book, hardships can be "approved", but denied due to staffing.

"If the Agency determines that the request cannot be accommodated due to staffing, the
request will remain active for fifteen (15) months and reviewed every six
(6) months by the Parties at the Service Area/AFSIAG level. After each
six (6) month review, a notice will be sent to the employee regarding the
disposition of the request."

@DankVectorz can verify, but I would assume hardships out of N90 would be "denied" due to staffing.

If you pass TETRA and if you certify at N90 (not to sugarcoat it, but for an OTS hire or CTI graduate with no experience, your chance of success is in the neighborhood of 1-3%), here are your options to escape N90...

1) DOD transfer. You apply to DOD jobs, when selected, you'd quit the FAA. After 6 months, you can apply to prior experience bids or apply directly to other facilities via CPC reinstatement.
2) See 1.
See1See1See1See1See1 and after you see 1 go back and look at 1 again.

Referral List Status

You're still in. Given that it's a prior experience bid, I would assume they separate you into two groups based on what your presumed course load would look like at the academy. I'd imagine the two groups are controllers with radar experience and those without.

Is Covanta still dropping that mystery ash all over the facility? I worked right around the corner in Carle Place for almost three years and would drive right past the stack every morning.

You're still in. Given that it's a prior experience bid, I would assume they separate you into two groups based on what your presumed course load would look like at the academy. I'd imagine the two groups are controllers with radar experience and those without.

I’m in the same boat as @Dad but I have RADAR experience. So maybe Pool 1 are Prior CPCs from high level facilities and Pool 2 consists of Prior Mil or lower level CPCs?

Don't know where all this pool talk is coming from. That's never been for anything other than and all source announcement, where they're legally required to hire a certain percentage of people from different groups. Referral lists are regenerated all the time, for a million different reasons.

Is Covanta still dropping that mystery ash all over the facility? I worked right around the corner in Carle Place for almost three years and would drive right past the stack every morning.

Oh yeah. Nothing like not having a cloud in the sky and it feels like it's raining cause the "steam" is blowing over the parking lot dripping on you.

Back
Top Bottom