Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

What have people been doing regarding the eQIP and their current employer? Have they been telling their employer before it comes or just letting things happen naturally?

I just told my employer that a questionnaire is probably coming, he wasn't too pleased to hear about the potential of me leaving. Not worried about losing my job though, I'm pretty secure in my position.
My employer fired me upon receiving the communication from the OPM. I hadn’t told them anything about what I was doing. Just be careful, and prepared for some backlash.

For the Medical form, do I have to list ALL prescription drugs? I've been to the doctors like maybe 3 times (in the US) and only remember the one drug I got from the most recent visit... And also over-the-counter drugs like, advil? lol
Sorry if someone already asked, I'm not sure where to find it amongst over 130 pages.

Does anyone happen to know where the letter come from? Is it addressed as from the FAA?
I believe it will be from OPM.

My employer fired me upon receiving the communication from the OPM. I hadn’t told them anything about what I was doing. Just be careful, and prepared for some backlash.
Wow, were you expecting anything like that before hand? I just know I'm going to still have my job because my current role and domain knowledge is pretty critical.

Hmm, so my local police department doesn't do fingerprinting for the general public. There are a couple places near me that do it, but I'm worried they're not considered authorized? Anyone else have this issue?

Also is normal paper alright for the SF-87 fingerprint form, or should I go get it printed on cardstock?

Hmm, so my local police department doesn't do fingerprinting for the general public. There are a couple places near me that do it, but I'm worried they're not considered authorized? Anyone else have this issue?

Also is normal paper alright for the SF-87 fingerprint form, or should I go get it printed on cardstock?
Try your cities police HQ, that's where I went for mine.
They also wouldn't do it on the SF87, they did them on a digital machine and printed them on FD-258 cardstock. My security POC said that was fine.

Try your cities police HQ, that's where I went for mine.
They also wouldn't do it on the SF87, they did them on a digital machine and printed them on FD-258 cardstock. My security POC said that was fine.

Did you just walk in or call ahead first? My city's police department has a FAQ on their website stating they don't do fingerprinting services, which is why I'm worried

Edit: Nevermind, I gave my HQ a call and they directed me to the Criminal Justice Data Center. Pretty sure that's the most official place I'm going to be able to get it done. Thanks for the advice!

What have people been doing regarding the eQIP and their current employer? Have they been telling their employer before it comes or just letting things happen naturally?

I just told my employer that a questionnaire is probably coming, he wasn't too pleased to hear about the potential of me leaving. Not worried about losing my job though, I'm pretty secure in my position.

I have a good relationship with my employer and I let him know as soon as I received the TOL that I may have to leave with little notice and to expect a questionnaire. I told him I would give him as much notice as I receive and have been helping develop a replacement.

They don't want me to go obviously but I am working as hard as before and they are being generous with regards to my remaining vacation time.

I definitely feel for people with poor or even acrimonious relationships with their employers. It's a tricky situation to read.

What kind of job was it? I know some employers/managers are just crappy people, but that seems so unhelpful to the business to just immediately can someone like that.

I have a good relationship with my current jobs so I decided to be pretty open about what was happening. Still, I received some backlash, so you have to be careful with how you approach it. I think it was better than just letting them get surprised though.

I work in car sales. If anybody puts in their 2 weeks, in 90% of cases they're let go on the spot. A salesman who isn't motivated isn't effective. And why let somebody whose leaving take money out of the pockets from those who are still there to feed their families.

It's a cutthroat world but I understand why it happens. Much of the reason it's not a forever career for most, myself included.

I'm fortunate enough to be one of two people who work in the finance department. As soon as I submit my eQip I'm going to sit down with my boss and just be as open as I can to provide as much time as possible to get a replacement trained. I assume I'll be a large part in that.

In my opinion, hearing that news from you personally is a whole lot easier than just receiving a surprise letter in the mail. Feels like less of a personal attack that way.

Best wishes to everyone with their employers.

What kind of job was it? I know some employers/managers are just crappy people, but that seems so unhelpful to the business to just immediately can someone like that.
It was sales. Small company with a moody owner. When the big boss got the letter he blew a gasket. Not much you can do. Nearly 2 years later now though, and I’m doing ok here, so no worries!

I believe it will be from OPM.

Wow, were you expecting anything like that before hand? I just know I'm going to still have my job because my current role and domain knowledge is pretty critical.
Not exactly. My manager understood that it was a big career move. The owner of the company was notoriously moody, and he probably got insulted. Nothing you can do.

Last edited:
I work for a somewhat big corporation (few hundred employees). Are the letters sent to HR? And what kind of questions does it ask? I was not planning on telling my immediate supervisor until I got the FOL.

I work for a somewhat big corporation (few hundred employees). Are the letters sent to HR? And what kind of questions does it ask? I was not planning on telling my immediate supervisor until I got the FOL.
the letter will be sent to whoever you put down as a supervisor on your equip, they will also send one addressed to the personal office. Basically it asks if they would rehire you, recommend you for security clearance, and if they know anything bad about you/how honest you are.

Are the letters sent to HR? And what kind of questions does it ask? I was not planning on telling my immediate supervisor until I got the FOL.

The FAA/OPM doesn't know or care anything about your employer's organizational structure. IIRC they sent one letter to the person I listed on the e-QIP as my supervisor and then they sent another addressed to HR (though it was a small company and they were the same person). But yeah, they just take whoever you tell them about, so you may want to get talking...

the letter will be sent to whoever you put down as a supervisor on your equip, they will also send one addressed to the personal office. Basically it asks if they would rehire you, recommend you for security clearance, and if they know anything bad about you/how honest you are.
The FAA/OPM doesn't know or care anything about your employer's organizational structure. IIRC they sent one letter to the person I listed on the e-QIP as my supervisor and then they sent another addressed to HR (though it was a small company and they were the same person). But yeah, they just take whoever you tell them about, so you may want to get talking...

Thanks, just wasn't sure on where the mails were sent. I assumed it was just going to be sent to HR and hoped I didn't have to tell my boss.

Still waiting on my CIL/EOD from LM.

Well scheduled my MMPI, Medical, and fingerprints. Little annoying that it's the holiday season but should have all 3 done by Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom