Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Any of you guys have any advice on the basics final? Kind of stressing about it. I’m taking it in a few weeks and been making 90s on my block tests. I just keep seeing that they try to trip you up so I’m going over all the material. TYIA

Any of you guys have any advice on the basics final? Kind of stressing about it. I’m taking it in a few weeks and been making 90s on my block tests. I just keep seeing that they try to trip you up so I’m going over all the material. TYIA
Basics final

Not overly helpful but it's basics... stop stressing. Read the questions carefully and don't rush.

Basics final

Not overly helpful but it's basics... stop stressing. Read the questions carefully and don't rush.
Thanks, I bought it a while back. Though some questions needs to be updated, been passing the final test questions on it. Just really don’t want to be the one caught out cause of dumb errors, I noticed they ask for specific little minor details like stuff with the relief position. Would you say getting 90s on the block tests is a good indication?

Thanks, I bought it a while back. Though some questions needs to be updated, been passing the final test questions on it. Just really don’t want to be the one caught out cause of dumb errors, I noticed they ask for specific little minor details like stuff with the relief position. Would you say getting 90s on the block tests is a good indication?
You should be fine if you're in the 90’s. Passing is a 70.

Instructors can’t administer the scored exams… same for the academy. Instructors are technically just contractors… the FAA has to be the one proctoring and giving scores.

Yes, but you’re being monitored. Not sure how the final will be administered. Instructors said they have to hand off to someone else.
By “monitored” they most likely mean you’ll have to keep your Zoom video turned on and an FAA individual will join the Zoom meeting to “proctor” it.

CTRL + F is always your friend. If you feel slimy about doing that, don’t. Advice is just that, advice.

By “monitored” they most likely mean you’ll have to keep your Zoom video turned on and an FAA individual will join the Zoom meeting to “proctor” it.

CTRL + F is always your friend. If you feel slimy about doing that, don’t. Advice is just that, advice.
Will it be on blackboard? I heard they can see your screen.

Yeah, cheat on a test.
Sad Happy Hour GIF

My initial post was intended mostly as a joke.

That being said:

A sizable part of this job is differentiating between what you need to know, and what you need to know how to find.

If the academy is essentially an extended screening process, learning how to determine what information goes in which category should happen eventually.

Not everything on that test falls into the must know category. You could argue it’s must know for the sake of that test, and you’d probably be right. If you’re that stressed about it, through, don’t fail out on the basics final.

My initial post was intended mostly as a joke.

That being said:

A sizable part of this job is differentiating between what you need to know, and what you need to know how to find.

If the academy is essentially an extended screening process, learning how to determine what information goes in which category should happen eventually.

Not everything on that test falls into the must know category. You could argue it’s must know for the sake of that test, and you’d probably be right. If you’re that stressed about it, through, don’t fail out on the basics final.
I get it, my guy. I’ll just do my best and whatever happens happen. Thank you for even answering.

Back
Top Bottom