Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Cost of living is dirt cheap, the locality is really high, and the entire facility culture is basically one big family. Great place to work!
Good to know! Do you know what any of the Towers are like in the Houston area? That would be ideal for me to land there

You won't get any Houston area towers out of the academy. I don't think anything in the area is below an 8.
Yeah the two major airports here (IAH and Hobby) are above level 7. But there are a lot of smaller airports too scattered over the Houston area like sugar land and Katy and even Galveston. I’m hoping for something like that

Yeah it would be perfect to get a spot there
I can guarantee no one will be assigned Galveston.
I am not in the agency yet, but from what I understand, MOST airports surrounded by class Delta airspace are Contract Towers. You may also here other people refer to them as VFR Towers. They are Towers that use the good old time and tested binoculars and visual reference without any Radar. Contract Towers are a whole other can of worms which are separate from FAA facilities. I could be wrong on this, and I am sure this is one exemption that some snob will correct me on.

Last edited:
Oh no, July already? Hopefully that FOL comes very soon. These dates are very far in advance now.
They are filling up quickly. Everyone from the June bid is pretty much finishing up now though. I'd guess you won't see class dates going far past August until the 2020 bid finishes the ATSA.

Oh no, July already? Hopefully that FOL comes very soon. These dates are very far in advance now.
Hope so too man. I finished everything over a month ago and still waiting for an FOL. I did have to wait a bit for the investigator interview and all that but hoping I'm close to at least getting it so I can stop thinking about it.

Good to know! Do you know what any of the Towers are like in the Houston area? That would be ideal for me to land there

David Wayne Hooks (DWH) although I think they’re at 100% staffing so they might not be hiring.

You won't get any Houston area towers out of the academy. I don't think anything in the area is below an 8.

Not true, you COULD be assigned DWH (Level 6-8 I believe, although I believe they’re over 100%, or BPT (level 4, they’re hiring I believe). Both considered “Houston area” although BPT is really far from the city.

Back
Top Bottom