Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

So what are we looking at now? End of July? August? I guess that is a favorable outcome than getting sucked into the 9 circles of clearance hell. I'll start to really worry when the foot traffic dies down on this thread.

So what are we looking at now? End of July? August? I guess that is a favorable outcome than getting sucked into the 9 circles of clearance hell. I'll start to really worry when the foot traffic dies down on this thread.
I at least heard back from my HR POC yesterday. She has all my clearances so just waiting for a class date now.

I sent an email to my HR rep last Friday inquiring about the status of my clearances. I received the below response last night.

"We have received all of you clearances. We now just need to schedule you for a class, however, our class are full through May and our priority right now is to rate the application for our newest bid that just closed. As soon as we are released to start filling class again, you will get an email from me to schedule the class date"

I sent an email to my HR rep last Friday inquiring about the status of my clearances. I received the below response last night.

"We have received all of you clearances. We now just need to schedule you for a class, however, our class are full through May and our priority right now is to rate the application for our newest bid that just closed. As soon as we are released to start filling class again, you will get an email from me to schedule the class date"
I got the exact same message. ?

Interesting thing happened to me today with the follow up vision test after I took the medical. I went back to the Walmart where I went before the medical to see where my vision was at and they said I was fine. I then took the medical a week later and they said I didn’t meet the FAA requirement and would have to get my vision corrected (I did mention tho in a previous comment that my medical examiner took a phone call half way through and the equipment they used was cheap and didn’t fit. Most people wouldn’t have passed that vision test). So I went back to the Walmart today with the form to fill out for corrected vision but the doc said I have 20/20 based on their records (also did an exam which I passed) and marked me as not needing correction. I just emailed that form back to the medical people. The Doc said his approval of my vision should have more meaning than the medical exam so I should be good. I wonder what my medical POC will think. It does feel nice knowing that my thoughts that I got screwed over by my medical examiner poorly handling the vision test was justified.
I almost failed my eye test because the lady performing the test gave me no instruction during the test. While finishing other test the flight surgeon came to me and with great concern asked if I could see? It took me back for a second, in my head I’m like yeah that’s what my glasses are for (which I had on during the test.) I’m glad he caught her mistake. He had me take the test again and I passed. I know I’m not the only person this has happened to. It makes me curious how many people have failed medical because of an error on the persons conducting the test.

It probably depends on the AME that you go and see honestly. Just like everything, some people have the patience to work with you while others just want to get you out of their office and that will probably affect how they conduct their examination.

Has anyone heard back from their security POC lately? I emailed them last Thursday to follow up and make sure that there wasn’t anything else I needed to submit but haven’t heard back yet. It’s getting harder to be patient being so close to the end. >.< Yesterday I went on a rapcon tour at Vance AFB. It was very cool!

I have not heard back from any of my HR POC's... just trying to confirm they had everything they needed and received everything!

I almost failed my eye test because the lady performing the test gave me no instruction during the test. While finishing other test the flight surgeon came to me and with great concern asked if I could see? It took me back for a second, in my head I’m like yeah that’s what my glasses are for (which I had on during the test.) I’m glad he caught her mistake. He had me take the test again and I passed. I know I’m not the only person this has happened to. It makes me curious how many people have failed medical because of an error on the persons conducting the test.
Yeah the person doing my exam was very unprofessional and when she told me I didn’t pass the vision portion I was so shocked but then it made sense because of how poorly it was handled. It felt good that when I went back to the optometrist he said his equipment that he uses was far more accurate and his equipment says I have 20/20.

So... Got my tol a while back, and received a request for copies of my medical and personnel records from the military in early December. I have tried several times to get them for the FAA and they have still not received them. Freaking out about it now. Has anyone had this issue, and does anyone have advice?

So... Got my tol a while back, and received a request for copies of my medical and personnel records from the military in early December. I have tried several times to get them for the FAA and they have still not received them. Freaking out about it now. Has anyone had this issue, and does anyone have advice?
What you're describing is my situation perfectly. I sent the request for my records to be sent on 12/18 and I still can't get a straight answer from my medical poc when I ask. Last time I actually managed to get a response to my question I recieved "Your file is being reviewed. I will contact you if additional information is needed."

I don't know if they could have sent a more generic email.

Yes. I previously got an April date, but I graduate in May so I called. They specifically said May and June were filled. I was told I could take the 2 or the 12, and i'm going to be unemployed from May-July so the sooner the better. Although maybe each rep only gets a certain amount of seats per class instead of it just being a big pool that they all fill as they go. And thanks!
Yeah I was in the same boat, but I received class dates for a terminal assignment.

What you're describing is my situation perfectly. I sent the request for my records to be sent on 12/18 and I still can't get a straight answer from my medical poc when I ask. Last time I actually managed to get a response to my question I recieved "Your file is being reviewed. I will contact you if additional information is needed."

I don't know if they could have sent a more generic email.

Yea, I haven't even gotten that far. My poc has written me 3 or 4 emails over the last 2 months to say she's either on vacation or the records haven't been received, I call a few times a week and have not managed to get her on the phone. The most annoying part is that after I got out I personally requested all my records and have copies on hand, I've told my poc this and she tells me that they will not except them. So... Idk what to do at this point. Getting this job has been my goal for the last 10 years and I just can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone on how to move forward.

Yea, I haven't even gotten that far. My poc has written me 3 or 4 emails over the last 2 months to say she's either on vacation or the records haven't been received, I call a few times a week and have not managed to get her on the phone. The most annoying part is that after I got out I personally requested all my records and have copies on hand, I've told my poc this and she tells me that they will not except them. So... Idk what to do at this point. Getting this job has been my goal for the last 10 years and I just can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone on how to move forward.
What is the initials of your poc? Almost sounds like we have the same person. One thing that someone recommended on here was for me to get ahold of my hr pic and advise that I couldn't get ahold of medical. Then I recieved a different email that my person actually responded to.

Same here. I've tried contacting my POC numerous times and no response ?
My security POC replied this morning saying she has received everything and that I am still in the process. If she needs anything else she would let me know. Security will send updates to HR...

Back
Top Bottom