Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

EnRoute. She said all EnRoute dates until July are filled. The next class available after mine was the 12 I think.

That is very interesting, your HR POC told you that directly?

I did see on the catalog that there are only two terminal classes in July and one in August while there are a lot more enroute classes. Hopefully that is true, I am one of those who would prefer enroute over terminal.

Hope so too man. I finished everything over a month ago and still waiting for an FOL. I did have to wait a bit for the investigator interview and all that but hoping I'm close to at least getting it so I can stop thinking about it.
Did you have any other hold ups on the medical side besides the security interview?

Houston ARTCC seems awesome, I just took my MMPI there Friday and everyone I talked to was super helpful. Man I think I'm behind, I still have my medical on 03/09 and the drug test to be scheduled.

They are filling up quickly. Everyone from the June bid is pretty much finishing up now though. I'd guess you won't see class dates going far past August until the 2020 bid finishes the ATSA.
BTW congrats on your class date.

Houston ARTCC seems awesome, I just took my MMPI there Friday and everyone I talked to was super helpful. Man I think I'm behind, I still have my medical on 03/09 and the drug test to be scheduled.
I took mine there too and I agree, it seemed to be an awesome environment to work at.

Did you take a tour of the facility?

I took mine there too and I agree, it seemed to be an awesome environment to work at.

Did you take a tour of the facility?

Looking back on it, I should have. I was in a rush to get to work, which sounds silly now. Glad to hear there's others from Houston. Good luck to you and hope we both make it to the academy!

That is very interesting, your HR POC told you that directly?

I did see on the catalog that there are only two terminal classes in July and one in August while there are a lot more enroute classes. Hopefully that is true, I am one of those who would prefer enroute over terminal.
BTW congrats on your class date.

Yes. I previously got an April date, but I graduate in May so I called. They specifically said May and June were filled. I was told I could take the 2 or the 12, and i'm going to be unemployed from May-July so the sooner the better. Although maybe each rep only gets a certain amount of seats per class instead of it just being a big pool that they all fill as they go. And thanks!

Looking back on it, I should have. I was in a rush to get to work, which sounds silly now. Glad to hear there's others from Houston. Good luck to you and hope we both make it to the academy!
You can still try to call the center and try to arrange the tour. The ops was very friendly and helpful and I got to talk to many controllers there while also listening in to the calls. Highly recommend it.

Good luck to you as well!

Did you have any other hold ups on the medical side besides the security interview?
They sent me one questionnaire with some questions regarding having asthma as a kid but I've been told I'm medically clear now. Looks like there's a few Houston people, I took the test at the same place. Didn't ask for a tour though.

David Wayne Hooks (DWH) although I think they’re at 100% staffing so they might not be hiring.

Not true, you COULD be assigned DWH (Level 6-8 I believe, although I believe they’re over 100%, or BPT (level 4, they’re hiring I believe). Both considered “Houston area” although BPT is really far from the city.
Damn. David Wayne Hooks would be so perfect for me. I hope if I get tower then I can land there. Know anything about western Houston Towers like in Sugar Land and Katy?

David Wayne Hooks (DWH) although I think they’re at 100% staffing so they might not be hiring.

Not true, you COULD be assigned DWH (Level 6-8 I believe, although I believe they’re over 100%, or BPT (level 4, they’re hiring I believe). Both considered “Houston area” although BPT is really far from the city.

Very true I didn't even know this place existed. Seems like a center washout/err/hardship headquarters. Doesn't seem like they've had any academy grads in 5+ years.

You're not behind. I've done everything at the first chance I had. I just got out of my medical and I've got to drive to my drug test now. They seem to be pretty good and stretching us out over a long period. I was hoping for academy dates of March at the latest so my son could start school where ever we end up, but looks like he'll have to transfer midway or my wife and kids will have to stay here while they finish up next school year.

Has anyone heard back from their security POC lately? I emailed them last Thursday to follow up and make sure that there wasn’t anything else I needed to submit but haven’t heard back yet. It’s getting harder to be patient being so close to the end. >.< Yesterday I went on a rapcon tour at Vance AFB. It was very cool!

Interesting thing happened to me today with the follow up vision test after I took the medical. I went back to the Walmart where I went before the medical to see where my vision was at and they said I was fine. I then took the medical a week later and they said I didn’t meet the FAA requirement and would have to get my vision corrected (I did mention tho in a previous comment that my medical examiner took a phone call half way through and the equipment they used was cheap and didn’t fit. Most people wouldn’t have passed that vision test). So I went back to the Walmart today with the form to fill out for corrected vision but the doc said I have 20/20 based on their records (also did an exam which I passed) and marked me as not needing correction. I just emailed that form back to the medical people. The Doc said his approval of my vision should have more meaning than the medical exam so I should be good. I wonder what my medical POC will think. It does feel nice knowing that my thoughts that I got screwed over by my medical examiner poorly handling the vision test was justified.

Interesting thing happened to me today with the follow up vision test after I took the medical. I went back to the Walmart where I went before the medical to see where my vision was at and they said I was fine. I then took the medical a week later and they said I didn’t meet the FAA requirement and would have to get my vision corrected (I did mention tho in a previous comment that my medical examiner took a phone call half way through and the equipment they used was cheap and didn’t fit. Most people wouldn’t have passed that vision test). So I went back to the Walmart today with the form to fill out for corrected vision but the doc said I have 20/20 based on their records (also did an exam which I passed) and marked me as not needing correction. I just emailed that form back to the medical people. The Doc said his approval of my vision should have more meaning than the medical exam so I should be good. I wonder what my medical POC will think. It does feel nice knowing that my thoughts that I got screwed over by my medical examiner poorly handling the vision test was justified.

Why didn't you try going to a different optometrist?

I had the same problem. They said I wasn't 20/20 and my optometrist was so confused. I went and got a 20/15 vision and they cleared me for that.

Why didn't you try going to a different optometrist?
Because my optometrist had way better equipment than what was used for my medical. I trust his educated opinion on the matter. He said if there was any problems that they can always call him.

I had the same problem. They said I wasn't 20/20 and my optometrist was so confused. I went and got a 20/15 vision and they cleared me for that.
I guess I can do that if it still isn’t good enough for them.

I had the opposite problem. I went to the optometrist and they said I needed glasses and I had a hard time reading their machine. So I bought glasses and got my eyes corrected. Now I just left the AME and easily passed their vision test without using my glasses. Feel like I wasted money but oh well.

Kinda had the same issue with my AME. The first eye test used an old machine. Everything was blurry and couldn't read a thing. Thankfully, he just made me do the poster on the wall test and read it no problem. Then had no problem with all the other eye tests on the same machine.

Has anyone heard back from their security POC lately? I emailed them last Thursday to follow up and make sure that there wasn’t anything else I needed to submit but haven’t heard back yet. It’s getting harder to be patient being so close to the end. >.< Yesterday I went on a rapcon tour at Vance AFB. It was very cool!
I emailed my security POC on 1/23 and again on 2/18 and didn't get a reply either time.

I’ve got two responses after reaching out, both literally had one word responses
I feel your pain. It took me a month to get through to my med poc and when they finally replied they gave the most generic response. I was wanting to know if they received my paperwork that I had to have sent to them from another party. I'm still not sure if they have it.

Back
Top Bottom