Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Checking in on everyone. It's been quiet. Where are we at? I'm currently cleared and waiting for class dates. Anyone in the same situation?
Same, cleared in April. I got an email in May saying pending class date everything full through July not scheduling August yet. Then last week I got the same email just saying all full through August not scheduling September yet…I don’t see any classes after September on the class list though so not very confident on getting a class date in 2021.

Same, cleared in April. I got an email in May saying pending class date everything full through July not scheduling August yet. Then last week I got the same email just saying all full through August not scheduling September yet…I don’t see any classes after September on the class list though so not very confident on getting a class date in 2021.
That's because the fiscal year starts in Oct and classes for the new fiscal year haven't been released yet. You'll go before the end of the year, relax.

I got literally the same first e-mail. Hmm... Crossing our fingers for us.

That's because the fiscal year starts in Oct and classes for the new fiscal year haven't been released yet. You'll go before the end of the year, relax.
Thanks for that. I've been listening to people saying it's a rough wait. Covid definitely amped that up significantly. More than anything, I'm tired of hearing myself update people I know since I made the announcement before the pandemic. So yeah, any news is good news.

how dare you try to give us hope
Just to reaffirm that, I emailed my HR rep about a month ago to see if I was clear and I was told I was cleared and waiting on a class date. They said they were waiting for their new class list that will run from October-early 2022 and that they won’t start looking to fill those until late august and early September. So sit tight, it’s coming.

Just out of curiosity, Is there still anyone waiting around from the 2019 bid? I'd imagine they've all been to the academy at this point unless they were tier II or some other extenuating circumstances.

was there any particular reason for the delay?
edit: my bad. just realized what thread this is.
Based on people’s signatures it looks like some from the 2020 bid are on this thread too.
But the delay was the flight surgeon said my EKG was showing a possible heart problem and requested I get a million other tests done to verify. Started that March 2020 and by November 2020 was told all good was a misdiagnosis….

Since there’s about a 5 week delay in reporting to OKC after completing virtual basics, we move on to a second zoom phase after passing the EOC test. I’m just wondering, if our EOC test is on a Thursday, are we going to be starting that next phase the following day, on that Friday, or would we start on the following Monday.
I'm en route and there is only a week between my final and my OCK date. The class before me experienced the same timeline and there were no assignments or classes in that week.

Anyone know about how long it takes to get a FOL after you complete medical clearance? I recently finished the tier 2 process and I believe the FOL is the only thing I'm waiting for.

Anyone know about how long it takes to get a FOL after you complete medical clearance? I recently finished the tier 2 process and I believe the FOL is the only thing I'm waiting for.
Should be within a few weeks after the security clearance. I think if you are tier 2 they wait until you have a full clearance. If you weren’t considered tier 2 most go to the academy with a conditional. My FBI interview was the week of Evals.

Should be within a few weeks after the security clearance. I think if you are tier 2 they wait until you have a full clearance. If you weren’t considered tier 2 most go to the academy with a conditional. My FBI interview was the week of Evals.

My tier 2 was for not passing the mmpi, I believe I was cleared on security over a year ago.

I recently just cleared the tier 2 process as well (8/11/2021). I was told I was medically clear and from what I remember I cleared security a while back.

On a different subject of class dates I have heard people receive classes in order of being cleared is that true? Or does it go by bid?

I recently just cleared the tier 2 process as well (8/11/2021). I was told I was medically clear and from what I remember I cleared security a while back.

On a different subject of class dates I have heard people receive classes in order of being cleared is that true? Or does it go by bid?
I was tier 2 cleared on July 30, 2021 and security cleared on February 3, 2020; haven't heard anything since I was cleared and I'm not sure how much longer it will be yet. Like Mallvo said, it's by order of being cleared. Just wanted to comment so you wouldn't get your hopes up for a quick resolution after the long tier 2 process.

Back
Top Bottom