Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Got it. That clears up a lot of questions for me.

On the topic of the wild ride that is the Academy, I can't seem to find any information regarding when facility lists are given to classes - is it after all assessments are done at the end of the Academy? And how much time are people that have passed the Academy given to select their facility from the list?

You'll finish evals one day and then the next day at 7am you officially select your facility from the list you've had for a weekish. You'll be done and out processed from the academy by around 11am that day.

There is no exact number of days prior to graduating. You get your list either the day of or the day after the class before you finishes. The last class before me finished 2 weeks before me so I had my list for 2 weeks but the class after me finished 3 days after me so they had it for 3 days. I think on average it’s about a week before you graduate.

And you officially select your facility the day after your last eval

You'll finish evals one day and then the next day at 7am you officially select your facility from the list you've had for a weekish. You'll be done and out processed from the academy by around 11am that day.

Perfect. Thank y'all for clarifying, that's been one of my bigger questions I've been looking for an answer to the last few weeks.

Does anyone happen to know the total number of days at the Academy for someone on the Enroute track? Trying to nail down dates for housing and I'm not sure what classes from the Academy FAQ apply to my time at OKC.
Like others have said, its 59 class days, but that doesn't include weekends, holidays, weather shut downs, or potential covid shut downs

Finally got my FOL! 3/25/21.

sorry if this has been asked before:

what do you guys do for health benefits? both regular health and dental/vision? am i able to opt out of dental/vision? I've been reading that BCBP basic seems plenty, especially for a single guy. i wouldn't mind dental/vision, but it's not an immediate need for me right now. especially given that we won't be earning much money in the beginning. any advice?

my current job is union, so i get both health insurance + dental/vision included. never had to deal with picking different plans and such.

Finally got my FOL! 3/25/21.

sorry if this has been asked before:

what do you guys do for health benefits? both regular health and dental/vision? am i able to opt out of dental/vision? I've been reading that BCBP basic seems plenty, especially for a single guy. i wouldn't mind dental/vision, but it's not an immediate need for me right now. especially given that we won't be earning much money in the beginning. any advice?

my current job is union, so i get both health insurance + dental/vision included. never had to deal with picking different plans and such.
Bcbs or geha is fine for health. You can opt out of dental vision or even health but you wont be able to get back in until open season.

Dental and vision is so cheap you should just get it IMO
My geha Heath insurance came with vision benefits(i didnt know) thats were better than the bcbs vision i took out so i do regret getting vision. Just an fyi for anyone, geha health insurance comea with vison eyemed vision benefits.

My geha Heath insurance came with vision benefits(i didnt know) thats were better than the bcbs vision i took out so i do regret getting vision. Just an fyi for anyone, geha health insurance comea with vison eyemed vision benefits.
Nice. I think the BCBS vision is like 3 dollars

FOL received for 4/14 Terminal.

Congrats! Hopefully 4/20 Terminal sometime next week!

Thanks! I still have to do my drug refresher next week.

I did mine last week, they sent me to a different facility than last time and the guy working there forgot to sign the form and I didn't notice until I got home. Luckily FAA Testing was super quick to respond and told me it wouldn't affect my results, the guy would just have to fax over a signed document saying it was a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom