Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

I wouldn’t be surprised if the majority of reps are waiting until after the new year to send out confirmation emails and such.
I was stuck in a waiting limbo last year with my rep because I sent in my EODS forms and such a few days into the holiday season and instead of getting my TOL in early December, I had to wait until about January 10th. So, yeah, if they're about to take a vacation, everybody buckle up for a few more weeks of your favorite waiting game

Can anyone tell me approximately how far in advance they send us OKC housing information?
What do you mean by this? I thought housing was between you and the provider. I assume the provider needs certain information to get paid... Is that what you're referencing?

I also got the call right before Thanksgiving and she told me that the follow-up from the rep likely wouldn't be for 30-45 days
I got my email 12/22

I just saw it today though. You have two business days to reply. MERRY CHRISTMAS DUDE

This might be a dumb question, but assuming we graduate but don't immediately get placed at a facility/ are sent home, do we remain employed with the FAA? What's the procedure for employment at that point? Do we just login to something and do lessons or studying or what?

This might be a dumb question, but assuming we graduate but don't immediately get placed at a facility/ are sent home, do we remain employed with the FAA? What's the procedure for employment at that point? Do we just login to something and do lessons or studying or what?
Exactly that. A lot of facilities aren’t requiring academy graduates to move immediately. You’ll start training over Zoom.

edit: You’ll still be “placed” at a facility before you leave, you just might not have to show up in person for a while.

So my virtual basics is coming up on 02/16 and I was wondering if anyone knew when I should start expecting the FAA iPad they mail out? Do they sent out an email with a tracking number?

So my virtual basics is coming up on 02/16 and I was wondering if anyone knew when I should start expecting the FAA iPad they mail out? Do they sent out an email with a tracking number?
I think they send it out a week before. I’m up before you and haven’t heard anything yet

You guys think we’ll see a raise in academy pay with this 1% increase?

Just received a revised FOL with a 1% increase. Unfortunately, the date was also changed from 1/15 to 1/28. I was expecting it since BravoAlpha initially had 1/15 as well, but still sucks since I already put in my 2-weeks notice.

EDIT: Just to clarify, 1/28 is the onboarding date. My rep also mentioned iPad and other information relating to Basics will be sent out in the next two weeks. If you don't hear/receive anything a week before your onboarding date then reach out to your rep.

Last edited:
Just received a revised FOL with a 1% increase. Unfortunately, the date was also changed from 1/15 to 1/28. I was expecting it since BravoAlpha initially had 1/15 as well, but still sucks since I already put in my 2-weeks notice.
Still waiting on my FOL for this class date, I’m sure I’ll get it today or tomorrow. I put my 2 weeks in about 2 weeks ago, expecting to have a week off before I started basics. Now it’s like a month off after the last minute switch up, but what can you do.

EDIT: Just to clarify, 1/28 is the onboarding date. My rep also mentioned iPad and other information relating to Basics will be sent out in the next two weeks. If you don't hear/receive anything a week before your onboarding date then reach out to your rep.
Does your FOL have a pay rate number on it? I’m not scheduled till April so I dont expect a FOL for a while, but my wife and I are trying to plan out our finances while I’m at the academy.

Does your FOL have a pay rate number on it? I’m not scheduled till April so I dont expect a FOL for a while, but my wife and I are trying to plan out our finances while I’m at the academy.
It's listed in the FAQ: "Academy pay is based on the GS pay scale with Washington DC locality. FG-2152-xx is the FAA's pay grade for this position."

So, XX is 01 in our case (i.e. step 1). That would make it $25,754. But yes, it's shown on the FOL.

Just got an email from my HR about my drug test being expired and having to retake it...finally. She said I would be contacted by Forensic Drug and Alcohol Testing to make an appointment in the next few days. How long did it take them to contact anyone here to retake it?

Back
Top Bottom