Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

I emailed my rep regarding my status and when I may see a start date, She replied with: "Currently, due to our small staff and needing to review all applications from the recent announcement that closed, we won’t be sending out class date e-mails for a couple of weeks. This is also due to all classes currently being filled through May, as well."

So we will be waiting a while before we see any new dates given out.

No interview and no one was contacted. I didn't live in the US at the time and neither did any of my references. Applied in August of '16 and got a date February of '18.

Oh hell that's a long time. I dont havr a job rn bc I'm waiting for ATC (graduated last year and has been basically waiting ever since).. if its gonn take that long I might need a job.

Oh hell that's a long time. I dont havr a job rn bc I'm waiting for ATC (graduated last year and has been basically waiting ever since).. if its gonn take that long I might need a job.

Uhm it can take years especially if you get tier 2.

For those who’ve met the investigator in person, what do they request or ask about? I was only told to bring my passport & banking statements. She was very forward, and definitely didn’t seem friendly over the phone. Straight business.

For those who’ve met the investigator in person, what do they request or ask about? I was only told to bring my passport & banking statements. She was very forward, and definitely didn’t seem friendly over the phone. Straight business.

Mine didn't tell me to bring anything but I needed both passports (dual citizenship), SSN number, license. She was also pretty rude over the phone, and got worse during the interview.

She just goes over everything you filled out on your e-qip

Edit: To clarify, I did take all of those papers and more. But she never told me anything.

Last edited:

We just went over the equip line by line and just asked for clarification on a few things. Other than that it seemed pretty routine. My investigator was super nice.

did you put something on your eqip that made them need to look at your bank statements?

"Currently, due to our small staff and needing to review all applications from the recent announcement that closed, we won’t be sending out class date e-mails for a couple of weeks. This is also due to all classes currently being filled through May, as well."

Think that excuse would work for us?

"Currently, due to our small staff and needing to review all flight plans from the recent submissions, we won't be sending out approach clearances for a couple of weeks. This is also due to all arrival slots currently being filled through May, as well."

Thanks, helpful HR person.

Think that excuse would work for us?

"Currently, due to our small staff and needing to review all flight plans from the recent submissions, we won't be sending out approach clearances for a couple of weeks. This is also due to all arrival slots currently being filled through May, as well."

Thanks, helpful HR person.

Air traffic services can be limited or suspended due to staffing lmao. Nice try though.

She told me she would talk to my references about that specifically. If they knew where my parents were born and when I was born and that I wasn't born here.

She also asked one of them for an extra contact and he gave her another friend's info but as far as I know, he hasn't been contacted yet. He's also on his honeymoon right now so I hope he doesn't get called lol
I emailed my medical POC like 3 days after my mmpi because it was eating me up inside and he got back to me within an hour saying I had passed. I would think they would know your results/score instantly but maybe they're backed up right now? Idk

Did you just reply to the email with the MMPI info?

Finished my MMPI-2 today at SFO. With that, I'm done with all items on the CIL and found out I already received conditional security clearance. Now the waiting game for the background check to finish.

Finished my MMPI-2 today at SFO. With that, I'm done with all items on the CIL and found out I already received conditional security clearance. Now the waiting game for the background check to finish.

If you have your conditional you're good to go and eligible for an FOL granted everything else has been accepted and received. The full security clearance may take upwards of a year. Congrats!

Officially 1 month since I submitted the additional documents that medical requested, still no word on medical clearance. HR PoC said I'm good on security and drug test, just waiting on medical. Blehhh

How did you find out you got a conditional security clearance? Did they volunteer the information or did you have to ask?

How did you find out you got a conditional security clearance? Did they volunteer the information or did you have to ask?

I just emailed my security POC if there was anything I needed to follow up on after submitting my e-qip. POC notified HR of my conditional clearance.

Back
Top Bottom