Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Maybe we'll find out more in the 2pm session but I guess we're twiddling our thumbs for an unknown amount of time until basics start ?
I’ve got a friend who got hired about a month ahead of us, he is just now starting basics, so..... it’ll be a bit

If anyone is in the 9/14/20 terminal class, send me a message and I’ll invite you to a discord server

6/23 onboard here. I started basics on 7/27, so a month later. When we finished basics they told our class to expect January at the earliest for OKC, obviously subject to change, especially if they get shut down again this winter. After basics we did a virtual tower initial which we finished 2 weeks ago and now we're doing the virtual tower initial over and over again until we go.

For any of you guys that onboarded, did you have to submit a time card while you waited for a class date? The hr staff doing the orientation didn't really know anything regarding atc trainees.

Anyone understand what to do for FEHB on EODS. I choose which insurance I want? For example I was looking at blue cross standard (code 10). If I fill out the SF-2807 form with those details, I’ll get that health insurance? Or do I already have like a basic health insurance since onboarding? Safe to say I’m confused lol

Anyone understand what to do for FEHB on EODS. I choose which insurance I want? For example I was looking at blue cross standard (code 10). If I fill out the SF-2807 form with those details, I’ll get that health insurance? Or do I already have like a basic health insurance since onboarding? Safe to say I’m confused lol
Yes, just use the code. You don't have health insurance until you opt-in. You have their standard life insurance and they are automatically contributing 3% of your pay to your TSP unless you choose otherwise. If you wait past the 60 days you won't be able to sign up for health insurance until enrollment opens up again next year or you have a qualifying life event (like moving, which we will most likely be doing at some point in the near future). If there are any problems with the way you filled out the form, they'll contact you.

Last edited:
For any of you guys that onboarded, did you have to submit a time card while you waited for a class date? The hr staff doing the orientation didn't really know anything regarding atc trainees.
no, they just pay you for 8 hours a day from the time you onboarded

That’s correct, also if you have any pre-existing conditions, signing up for the FEGLI 5x life insurance is the way to go. They rarely have open enrollments for FEGLI so you have to decide now.

That’s correct, also if you have any pre-existing conditions, signing up for the FEGLI 5x life insurance is the way to go. They rarely have open enrollments for FEGLI so you have to decide now.

...and if you don't have pre-existing conditions, NOT signing up for FEGLI is the way to go, no matter what the super enthusiastic HR guy says. Look at cheaper life insurance from WAEPA or SIG (natcalife.com).

...and if you don't have pre-existing conditions, NOT signing up for FEGLI is the way to go, no matter what the super enthusiastic HR guy says. Look at cheaper life insurance from WAEPA or SIG (natcalife.com).

Oh yeah 100%, but with one disease that will probably only shorten my lifespan by 10 years or so, a 20 year term of 1m is still double monthly what my FEGLI premium will be in 30 years and I have 1.1m or so with FEGLI. Definitely shop around.

I hope he's getting a commission for how hard he was pushing FEGLI

I hope he's getting a commission for how hard he was pushing FEGLI
FEGLI fine when your just starting. But it goes up in price over time. I’ll probably switch in the next couple years. Their main point is you have to buy it when you onboard so if you don’t your locked out

From CG:

“There was 1 last September class that just on boarded on Monday, and now we are just waiting for an updated class listing from the ATO for additional classes. It may be another month or so before we have a new class listing. Since COVID-19 caused so many delays, they’re focused on getting the students that have been on boarded for a while to the Academy for training at this time since they’ve been in training for a while.”

Back
Top Bottom