Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-61675

On the experience questionnaire, when it asks what my certification date was, is it asking for the date I was fully qualified or the date I got qualified on my first control position?

I thought you were FSS?

Correct, and according to the WSA, the way for me to convert back to ATS is via the OTS or Prev Exp bid (I was prior military ATC).. HR confirmed it. We're part of NCEPT, but we're not... we're part of it enough that we are ineligible to ERR, but not enough part of it to be considered or have numbers associated... and we're multiple years away according to the union.

So the "additional information" pdf attached to the email states you won't receive the pre-employment information until you're within 3 months of separating if active duty. It also states you must complete the package within 120 days of receiving it.

does anyone know what the hard number of days is that the FAA will rescind your TOL if you're outside of? A friend lost his off the last exp bid and he was 136 days from sep and like 80 from terminal...

I've got 150 until separation, 117 until terminal..... from what I've seen, it takes at least 4 months to get a facility list and the start date is usually about a month after and that's for the people knocking their stuff out immediately.

Just not trying to loose this one..... anyone know the reg they go by in determining this?

So
So the "additional information" pdf attached to the email states you won't receive the pre-employment information until you're within 3 months of separating if active duty. It also states you must complete the package within 120 days of receiving it.

does anyone know what the hard number of days is that the FAA will rescind your TOL if you're outside of? A friend lost his off the last exp bid and he was 136 days from sep and like 80 from terminal...

I've got 150 until separation, 117 until terminal..... from what I've seen, it takes at least 4 months to get a facility list and the start date is usually about a month after and that's for the people knocking their stuff out immediately.

Just not trying to loose this one..... anyone know the reg they go by in determining this?

So I had mine rescinded on the last bid and called to get more info. HR told me that the ATO determines a specific date (diff for each bid) that you have to be available by. If you’re not available by that date then it will get rescinded. I then asked what the date was and she said that the ATO doesn’t publish the date (of course). So..

I applied to this bid as well and didn’t receive a TOL (assuming it’s due to timing- I am 205 days out) because I have the same resume besides I added my degree on it since I graduated. I know it didn’t answer the question specifically but that’s what they gave me in April

Back
Top Bottom