Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-61675

I believe it. It’s been a few weeks. Now let’s see how long CIL takes

I dunno. The last 2 prior exp bids averaged ~3 months from date of closure to first TOL posts being made. Reddit and here, only 1 person has mentioned getting a TOL. Makes me kinda doubt a TOL was issued for the May 2019 Prior Exp bid in May 2019. Just my opinion.

I dunno. The last 2 prior exp bids averaged ~3 months from date of closure to first TOL posts being made. Reddit and here, only 1 person has mentioned getting a TOL. Makes me kinda doubt a TOL was issued for the May 2019 Prior Exp bid in May 2019. Just my opinion.
Faith in the trolls

I believe the TOL they received was for the December bid that they were tier II on. I doubt it’s for this bid as it’s been days since referrals starting going out.

Maybe...I'm not sure. Tier2's usually take quite a bit longer than 6 months from close date from what I've seen. But I could be wrong.

I don't think so, it wouldn't make sense for him to get a TOL on a bid that he already got a TOL from.

Who knows what bid it was for? I find it highly unlikely he got a TOL from this bid given the timeline, and the crickets and reddit and here.

Who knows what bid it was for? I find it highly unlikely he got a TOL from this bid given the timeline, and the crickets and reddit and here.
IF he isn't trolling and it is from this bid he is lucky. But he's tier 2'd from the December bid so it doesn't really matter unless by the grace of God he/she get's to retake the MMPI again and "passes".

Process moved along pretty quick. My best advice for you guys is get your CIL done asap, especially the SF86 and medical. Those will take the longest to clear. Here is my timeline for the Dec '18 bid. Good luck everyone!

Attachments

• 20190602_065343.jpg
    20190602_065343.jpg
    620.4 KB · Views: 94
So I applied to this bid on a whim. I'm still way outside 120 days from the end of my service. Prior to applying I called aviation careers to verify the 120 day requirement. They said I could still apply, but I wouldn't be able to request veteran's preference. My application was recently changed to referred. I've also had a couple buddies get hired, one was hired after he reenlisted because he hadn't gotten his TOL yet and got cold feet. They kept his TOL on file for several years. He now works as an enroute controller. I have another friend where the same thing kind of happened. If, by some miracle, I actually get picked up I'm hoping I'll get the same treatment. Anyway, it was an educational experience to submit the application. If I don't get picked up I at least know the application process a little better now.

So I applied to this bid on a whim. I'm still way outside 120 days from the end of my service. Prior to applying I called aviation careers to verify the 120 day requirement. They said I could still apply, but I wouldn't be able to request veteran's preference. My application was recently changed to referred. I've also had a couple buddies get hired, one was hired after he reenlisted because he hadn't gotten his TOL yet and got cold feet. They kept his TOL on file for several years. He now works as an enroute controller. I have another friend where the same thing kind of happened. If, by some miracle, I actually get picked up I'm hoping I'll get the same treatment. Anyway, it was an educational experience to submit the application. If I don't get picked up I at least know the application process a little better now.

You can still receive a TOL even if you are outside of the 120 day window requirement set forth in the bid.

Your TOL will be rescinded since you are outside of the 120 day window requirement set forth in the bid.

You can still receive a TOL even if you are outside of the 120 day window requirement set forth in the bid.

Your TOL will be rescinded since you are outside of the 120 day window requirement set forth in the bid.
Honestly, getting a referral was a lot further than I expected to get. I didnt even submit a statement of service. I just wanted to see how the application system worked so I could be ready when I am in my 120 day window.

That's happened multiple times to a few guys at my command. One guy applied and got an offer letter, but they rescinded the offer when they found out he was over a year out from separation. The opposite also happened as well, though. Friend of mine that's at KHPN got an offer on an OTS bid when he was outside the 120-day window.

He said he didn't try for veteran's preference. And, if I'm not wrong, I think he put "XX/2016-Present" on his resume for his Navy time. I wouldn't recommend that, though. He's gotta be a rare case.

That's happened multiple times to a few guys at my command. One guy applied and got an offer letter, but they rescinded the offer when they found out he was over a year out from separation. The opposite also happened as well, though. Friend of mine that's at KHPN got an offer on an OTS bid when he was outside the 120-day window.

He said he didn't try for veteran's preference. And, if I'm not wrong, I think he put "XX/2016-Present" on his resume for his Navy time. I wouldn't recommend that, though. He's gotta be a rare case.
That's what I put on my resume 2012-present. Like I said, I didn't even include a statement of service nor did I try for veterans preference. Just submitted my USAjobs resume and a front and back copy of my credential card.

I've never known anybody whose got a TOL rescinded. I do know someone whose TOL was kept on file for several years.

Even with the referral my expectations for actually making it all the way through on this bid are extremely low. I've got plenty of time though. Worst case scenario, I keep getting to do the job I love with the military. Best case scenario another prior bid comes out at the perfect time so I can minimize down time between separation and getting a reliable paycheck again.

That's what I put on my resume 2012-present. Like I said, I didn't even include a statement of service nor did I try for veterans preference. Just submitted my USAjobs resume and a front and back copy of my credential card.

I've never known anybody whose got a TOL rescinded. I do know someone whose TOL was kept on file for several years.

Even with the referral my expectations for actually making it all the way through on this bid are extremely low. I've got plenty of time though. Worst case scenario, I keep getting to do the job I love with the military. Best case scenario another prior bid comes out at the perfect time so I can minimize down time between separation and getting a reliable paycheck again.

Timing is the worst shit about all of this. This bid came out just before I'm about to get out, but it's still gonna take forfuckingever to get through the process - if I even get picked up this time around ?

On the contrary though, a friend of mine got out in like March last year right when the first prior bid came out. He applied direct to N90 and they rushed his ass over there. He was in New York by August.

Had my TOL rescinded in 2016. Had 13 months till my DOS but wasn't till I recieved the CIL that they "found out" I had so long left in even though it was on my resume. I was under the impressing with active service and not claiming vet pref that they would keep my offer on file because I had been told they did. As soon as my offer was withdrawn I called HR and they said they no longer keep your offers and if you dont meet the 120 days they make room for the next guy.

Back
Top Bottom