Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-63736

I called HR today and the lady wasn't sure about my question and went to go ask someone else. She wouldn't give me a definitive answer but told me to go ahead and apply. Sooo I'm off to the admin department to get my new statement of service with my "release date " on it.
I'm guessing it's a case by case basis on the 120 days being soft or hard.

I was close to 140 days when I applied to the May bid and still got picked up. I didn't put my terminal leave on my statement of service either.

I was close to 140 days when I applied to the May bid and still got picked up. I didn't put my terminal leave on my statement of service either.
dang nice!, I was well over 120 days on that bid, I think with terminal leave I was just inside it? I just applied to see if my application would go through and get reffered and it did. About to drop my new one in a little bit, gonna have my personal ATC advisor look over all my shit. (Retired ATC Chief and soon to be retired again DoD ATC = my advisor lol.

dang nice!, I was well over 120 days on that bid, I think with terminal leave I was just inside it? I just applied to see if my application would go through and get reffered and it did. About to drop my new one in a little bit, gonna have my personal ATC advisor look over all my shit. (Retired ATC Chief and soon to be retired again DoD ATC = my advisor lol.
You should have someone that has gotten picked up by the FAA and recently review your stuff too.

You should have someone that has gotten picked up by the FAA and recently review your stuff too.
I have, I had multiple people look at it. One of my buddies that got picked up at CRP and a NATCA Rep that works CRP too. Also sent it to one of my dudes at STL that got picked up last year or so?

I have, I had multiple people look at it. One of my buddies that got picked up at CRP and a NATCA Rep that works CRP too. Also sent it to one of my dudes at STL that got picked up last year or so?
Is JC your buddy by chance??

Seems to be the main topic of discussion so I’ll throw my experience in here. Applied for the May bid with a DOS of March 17 2020. Got referred and then a TOL in July. They do ask for your terminal leave date but I was told by the rep that they don’t consider terminal leave as an available date. I had my TOL rescinded for that but I was well over 120. Don’t think they care about sep dates until it’s TOL time. Guy I talked to got hired in the May bid and separates in December.

Just apply and cross your fingers.

Seems to be the main topic of discussion so I’ll throw my experience in here. Applied for the May bid with a DOS of March 17 2020. Got referred and then a TOL in July. They do ask for your terminal leave date but I was told by the rep that they don’t consider terminal leave as an available date. I had my TOL rescinded for that but I was well over 120. Don’t think they care about sep dates until it’s TOL time. Guy I talked to got hired in the May bid and separates in December.

Just apply and cross your fingers.

Your buddy is lucky. I got out in July, a month after my TOL. 3 months of uncertainty isnt exactly fun, but I did enjoy the time off.

Having a job ready to go gives you peace of mind.

I think they wouldnt count terminal in extreme cases because they need your DD214 before you start.

The timeline for the May bid was crazy fast. TOL sent out in 2 months and facility lists/assignments in 4-5 months. Unreal.

So for this bid we’re looking at TOL Early December and facility lists in February

The timeline for the May bid was crazy fast. TOL sent out in 2 months and facility lists/assignments in 4-5 months. Unreal.

So for this bid we’re looking at TOL Early December and facility lists in February

I will be Application to walking into my facility in 6 months 24 days. Would have been sooner, but my physicL took a month for an available appointment and my drug test got lost for a week.

How much does experience really matter? Seemed like every list I've seen recently is the same.
There’s some formula they use to see what you “qualify” for and then they forget about that and throw you a list of every facility (7 and below) that needs people. IF your experience is decent enough you’ll get an nice standalone TRACON and if it’s good then you’ll get OFFERED some level 10+ facilities.

BUT I’ve seen people get dope facilities on their list like P50 and then get assigned a low level tower. Lists are basically used to give you the perception of choice.

Yeah I was reading the NCEPT thread and it doesn’t look to promising to be able to transfer facilities smoothly. So, be prepared to be at your first facility for awhile.. but hey I just want to get to my first facility

How much does experience really matter? Seemed like every list I've seen recently is the same.
The needs of the FAA and, subsequently, the needs of facilities can help you dictate what you’ll be offered.

Such as low level towers or up-downs that are in dire need of bodies.

Back
Top Bottom