Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-63736

Is anyone else referred for any DOD jobs? I am referred for a couple and just curious if they offer it to me should I take it even tho I have a TOL from this bid. I don’t know how fast DOD timeline is and the last thing I want to do is take the DOD job, move there and work for a month, and then bounce to the FAA
If it's in a location that you love I would take the DOD over FAA personally. It's all location, location, location!

Is anyone else referred for any DOD jobs? I am referred for a couple and just curious if they offer it to me should I take it even tho I have a TOL from this bid. I don’t know how fast DOD timeline is and the last thing I want to do is take the DOD job, move there and work for a month, and then bounce to the FAA
I've been a DOD controller, if they offer it take it. If you get a list you like more then quit and take the FAA offer.

But being referred for DOD means nothing other than HR did their job, don't get excited for a DOD referred status

I've been a DOD controller, if they offer it take it. If you get a list you like more then quit and take the FAA offer.

But being referred for DOD means nothing other than HR did their job, don't get excited for a DOD referred status

Exactly what he said. I got referred for almost every DoD job I applied for and only two of them sent me offers. That's like 2 out of 40-something applications over the last year. It's not a job offer until you actually get a job offer.

If you get an offer and it's somewhere you actually like, I'd say take that until you get your facility offer from the FAA and, if you don't like where the FAA wants to send you, decline and apply for a later bid.

That's what I should've done, but the pre-employment process for the DoD was a pain in the ass.

Exactly what he said. I got referred for almost every DoD job I applied for and only two of them sent me offers. That's like 2 out of 40-something applications over the last year. It's not a job offer until you actually get a job offer.

If you get an offer and it's somewhere you actually like, I'd say take that until you get your facility offer from the FAA and, if you don't like where the FAA wants to send you, decline and apply for a later bid.

That's what I should've done, but the pre-employment process for the DoD was a pain in the ass.
Interesting I thought it would be better than the FAA

I was referred for one but never heard from them

Interesting I thought it would be better than the FAA

I thought it would be, too.

But since it's an Army job, they wanted me to do an "Army" physical examination on an Army base. And the closest one to me in Fort Worth, Texas was Fort Sill in Oklahoma. And I had to drive up there multiple times to complete all parts of my examination. They wanted me to make that trip (2 hr 30 min) for a THIRD time to meet the flight surgeon, but I wasn't sure if they'd find something else I had to complete before I saw her; they didn't realize I had to do dental until the second time I came, and wanted me to come back for a third trip for that.

I handled literally everything for the FAA within a 20-25 mile radius from where I lived.

Hopefully we get the CIL email this week. The OTS bid has been getting theirs the last couple weeks

My TOL was rescinded due to my availability date. ? Terminal in March and separate May 15. I’ll try again next bid. Hope the process goes smoothly for everyone.

I do have a CTO and will keep that in mind. I have family that I can live with thankfully during the transition and luckily I don’t have any debt or anything to worry about. I was just ecstatic when I found out I got a TOL and thought the timing would be right, but I guess I just gotta keep trying no big deal. They notified me about 2 weeks ago.

Where are you, East Coast or West Coast?

C. Nebraska haha

Don’t know if it changes my timeline at all but I’m active duty AF. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to turn in a statement of service letter. Going to email my HR rep about those docs here soon

Back
Top Bottom