Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Just concerned that I might have done something wrong. Other people in here are already getting at least a class date and a bunch of additional information, but the last time I was contacted was regarding filling out an allergy questionnaire that I sent back to medical 2 days after my medical appointment back in December. It's usually a good thing that you don't hear back, but a "you're all set" would help ease my nerves. Currently on a LOA from pharmacy school, so I have nothing to do but stare at my email for 16 hours straight everyday.
You haven’t done anything wrong. Only like 4 of us have gotten class dates. Most people are cleared and just waiting or done with everything and just waiting to hear if they’re cleared with a date.

Ikestein21 That is kind of the boat I’m in. I completed my medical and MMPI January 4th, but I haven’t heard back. They also told me that the flight surgeon will get to it eventually.

I emailed 9agl today and they said I was cleared as of 2/9/21 ?? waiting to hear about security clearance. Not sure if I should inquire about that yet
Congrats on avoiding Tier 2 damnation. Nothing wrong with at least asking for an update. I inquired with my HR POC (DF) and found out I’m medically clear. Just waiting on security. Contacted my Security POC to ask for an update/offer to provide any additional information if needed. I was told:

“Your investigation is still currently pending. At this time, FAA security does not need anything further from you. HR/Aviation Careers has now been notified that your background investigation is pending. I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions regarding security.”

So...yeah ?‍♂️

Congrats on avoiding Tier 2 damnation. Nothing wrong with at least asking for an update. I inquired with my HR POC (DF) and found out I’m medically clear. Just waiting on security. Contacted my Security POC to ask for an update/offer to provide any additional information if needed. I was told:

“Your investigation is still currently pending. At this time, FAA security does not need anything further from you. HR/Aviation Careers has now been notified that your background investigation is pending. I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions regarding security.”

So...yeah ?‍♂️
Same here. I’ve been told my investigation is still in process and pending since I had my interview in early December. Checking in monthly with my poc and still the same reply every time..

DF. That’s the other thing. I was told over a month ago my paperwork was with the Flight Surgeon for review. You’ve heard that your cleared, other people have been placed in tier 2 even though they finished everything after me. I assume you reached out to find out if you’re cleared because I don’t believe they send out courtesy emails to let you know. But you could still wait a while after being cleared depending on how far down the hire list you are with everyone else who has cleared.
I’ve had everything submitted since December and haven’t been medically cleared. I get no response from medical when I email them so I guess I’ll just wait.

How long should I wait until I bug my HR rep again for updates? I emailed them 2 weeks ago and found out I'm just waiting on my medical, but im impatient...

Medical exam will be completed today, hopefully get my drug test in by early next week. Hopefully I did well on the MMPI and can be cleared soon!

How long should I wait until I bug my HR rep again for updates? I emailed them 2 weeks ago and found out I'm just waiting on my medical, but im impatient...
Email medical directly and ask for an update! If they tell you you’re cleared then I’d bug your HR rep as soon as you want. Doesn’t hurt to remind them you’re eager to start.

Just concerned that I might have done something wrong. Other people in here are already getting at least a class date and a bunch of additional information, but the last time I was contacted was regarding filling out an allergy questionnaire that I sent back to medical 2 days after my medical appointment back in December. It's usually a good thing that you don't hear back, but a "you're all set" would help ease my nerves. Currently on a LOA from pharmacy school, so I have nothing to do but stare at my email for 16 hours straight everyday.
Just to give you an idea. I had everything submitted by December 14th, and got an update from my HR (without asking) along with a few others cc'd on the same email that said something along the lines of "you have been conditionally cleared for everything, classes are full from mid april-may. We are just waiting to send you class dates, they usually go out in the order that people have been fully cleared." This was 2 - 3 weeks ago if I remember right.

Last edited:
Got an e-mail from my security POC today about eQIP. There were some errors with the addresses listed for certain sections. I gave the correct addresses, so is this because of the format of the addresses? I abbreviated some aspects of the addresses (St., Dr., Ave.), NY instead of New York, etc...

Writing to say that I'm fully cleared and pending a class date. Received my CIL the week of Jan 3rd, 2021.

Medical/MMPI/Drug test/eQIP were completed the week of 1/17/21.

Fingerprints and DOT credit release mailed the same week.

Took about a month to fully clear everything. I also had an interview with a security investigator in regard to my eQIP. Seems some people get this step right away, some get it after they start at their facility.

Last edited:
Was supposed to complete my drug test today - my testing site didn't have my information, called the number and said my packet was still stuck at the FedEx Memphis hub, so my test is on hold until the Midwest thaws out and things can operate again.
If anyone has a drug test coming up within the next few days (even though the weekend is practically here), it might be smart to call your testing site to ensure they have your information before walking in, given the delays in sending things.

Got an e-mail from my security POC today about eQIP. There were some errors with the addresses listed for certain sections. I gave the correct addresses, so is this because of the format of the addresses? I abbreviated some aspects of the addresses (St., Dr., Ave.), NY instead of New York, etc...
I highly doubt it.

I sent in my fingerptints and they arrived in the morning on the 15th day after recieving my security email. Submitted the equip later that day. Technically, everything was submitted in order, correct?

I sent in my fingerptints and they arrived in the morning on the 15th day after recieving my security email. Submitted the equip later that day. Technically, everything was submitted in order, correct?
There is no right or wrong order of operations to submissions. As long as they get all the required info sooner or later I doubt they care the order they get it.

There is no right or wrong order of operations to submissions. As long as they get all the required info sooner or later I doubt they care the order they get it.
Oh in my email it told me that fingerprints had to be sent first. I recieved the email on feb 2nd and finished the equip on the 17th. It was close, but there was so much info i had to hunt down haha.

Knowing a start date is within reach but they won't give any more dates out is worse than waiting to know if I cleared. Anyone happen to have a source to tell us when they will give out dates again? :whistle:

Email medical directly and ask for an update! If they tell you you’re cleared then I’d bug your HR rep as soon as you want. Doesn’t hurt to remind them you’re eager to start.
Great advice! They responded within a few hours that I'm all cleared medically. Now time to wait for a class date....

I also dug through old emails and found this tidbit from my HR rep on 2/8:
"once all your clearances have been completed/approved and your status changes: we are currently still unable to fill any classes at this time – as we are anticipating changes to the Academy class schedule and will send additional updates once we receive more information. "
I wonder if these changes mean more class dates opening up? Or possibly lowered social distancing requirements that could allow bigger class sizes? fingers crossed.

Dont.

The academy has been shut down all week, so they are busy and will get to you when they can

Back
Top Bottom