Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Just curious, how long did it take for everyone's security clearance to check out? Will they contact you if all is good? Contact you if something isn't right? All I have left to do is the MMPI and Medical. Haven't heard anything from security.
Well, my past employer received a document from the FAA in regards to my employment yesterday. I submitted my E-QIP on 02/04, so maybe 1-2 months from the day you submit your E-QIP.

Has anyone had any experience with the video interviews for the security clearance / background investigation. I was notified I am scheduled for one over the internet soon and it will take over an hour. I want to be ready and helpful just curious if anyone else has been through one.

Has anyone had any experience with the video interviews for the security clearance / background investigation. I was notified I am scheduled for one over the internet soon and it will take over an hour. I want to be ready and helpful just curious if anyone else has been through one.
Only had a phone interview. My investigator just went over the whole sf86 so it took a long time, but pretty much just clear up some confusions or something wasn’t submitted in the format that they want

I did my interview on video. We used Microsoft Teams. There was some additional docs they needed which I had to send ahead of the call. And I was asked to show my driver's license on the video to verify my ID. Other than that, it was pretty simple. They just verify everything put on your form. Might ask you to elaborate on some stuff. The investigator did say they were going to call my references within the week but none of them have heard anything yet...

Has anyone received a Letter of Inquiry asking to explain further about stuff regarding the security clearance and been able to continue through the process? Just curious.

Has anyone received a Letter of Inquiry asking to explain further about stuff regarding the security clearance and been able to continue through the process? Just curious.
Yes! It took me the full 14 days to gather everything, but I provided the requested details and cleared a couple weeks later.

Drug test tomorrow, medical on Monday. Submitted everything for my security application on Sunday - has anyone had any issue with fingerprints? Called my security POC the other day to ensure he received them, but he hasn't seen them.

Drug test tomorrow, medical on Monday. Submitted everything for my security application on Sunday - has anyone had any issue with fingerprints? Called my security POC the other day to ensure he received them, but he hasn't seen them.
I scanned and emailed a copy of my fingerprint cards before I FedEx'd them. My security POC emailed me right back and said they were able to use the scanned copy.

I sent mine with tracking, then provided my security POC with the tracking number. Even though they gave me a deadline of 8 days to do the fingerprints I don't think it really mattered considering she sent the email to me the day before Thanksgiving then went on vacation and the two alternatives her auto-response listed wouldn't respond and were out of the office as well the entire time.

How long did it take most of you to hear back from medical clearance? That's all I'm waiting on now
I finished MMPI-2 on 1/7 and am still waiting. I emailed my HR rep last week and was told I’m still not cleared. She told me it’s not unusual not to hear anything for 2-4 months after completing everything and also stated that classes are filled through May and no classes are scheduled after May as of right now. So we may be waiting for quite a bit. She told me to expect late summer/early fall for a class date.

I finished MMPI-2 on 1/7 and am still waiting. I emailed my HR rep last week and was told I’m still not cleared. She told me it’s not unusual not to hear anything for 2-4 months after completing everything and also stated that classes are filled through May and no classes are scheduled after May as of right now. So we may be waiting for quite a bit. She told me to expect late summer/early fall for a class date.
Who is your hr rep? I have DP and she told me the same thing February 4th. I took the MMPI on 1/11 though and was told by medical and security that I was cleared the last week of January so I’m a bit confused.

Who is your hr rep? I have DP and she told me the same thing February 4th. I took the MMPI on 1/11 though and was told by medical and security that I was cleared the last week of January so I’m a bit confused.
DF. That’s the other thing. I was told over a month ago my paperwork was with the Flight Surgeon for review. You’ve heard that your cleared, other people have been placed in tier 2 even though they finished everything after me. I assume you reached out to find out if you’re cleared because I don’t believe they send out courtesy emails to let you know. But you could still wait a while after being cleared depending on how far down the hire list you are with everyone else who has cleared.

Am I supposed to hear back from my HR rep or the 9agl regarding conditional clearance and additional information? I emailed my HR rep (TH), and I haven't gotten anything back. Perhaps I am just too impatient.

Am I supposed to hear back from my HR rep or the 9agl regarding conditional clearance and additional information? I emailed my HR rep (TH), and I haven't gotten anything back. Perhaps I am just too impatient.
Wow you finished everything way before me and I have a start date. I also have TH, but I nagged her a few times before I got a response with my start date so maybe that’s the key. I emailed medical and my security rep separately to find out if I was cleared before TH let me know and issued me a start date. Apparently they aren’t filling classes anymore at the moment so maybe you’ll get one as soon as they do!

Wow you finished everything way before me and I have a start date. I also have TH, but I nagged her a few times before I got a response with my start date so maybe that’s the key. I emailed medical and my security rep separately to find out if I was cleared before TH let me know and issued me a start date. Apparently they aren’t filling classes anymore at the moment so maybe you’ll get one as soon as they do!
Just concerned that I might have done something wrong. Other people in here are already getting at least a class date and a bunch of additional information, but the last time I was contacted was regarding filling out an allergy questionnaire that I sent back to medical 2 days after my medical appointment back in December. It's usually a good thing that you don't hear back, but a "you're all set" would help ease my nerves. Currently on a LOA from pharmacy school, so I have nothing to do but stare at my email for 16 hours straight everyday.

Just concerned that I might have done something wrong. Other people in here are already getting at least a class date and a bunch of additional information, but the last time I was contacted was regarding filling out an allergy questionnaire that I sent back to medical 2 days after my medical appointment back in December. It's usually a good thing that you don't hear back, but a "you're all set" would help ease my nerves. Currently on a LOA from pharmacy school, so I have nothing to do but stare at my email for 16 hours straight everyday.
I had my medical exam in December as well and last time I reached out to HR two weeks ago the flight surgeon still hadn't reviewed it and I didn't have medical clearance. Seems to be dependent on the flight surgeon as to why some are moving along faster than others.

I had my medical exam in December as well and last time I reached out to HR two weeks ago the flight surgeon still hadn't reviewed it and I didn't have medical clearance. Seems to be dependent on the flight surgeon as to why some are moving along faster than others.
So I am unlucky. Typical.

Back
Top Bottom