Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

welcome to the party

unimpressed fry GIF

Can confidently say I wont be an air traffic controller ? feel like I bombed the test, I had like 5 crashes in the sim, ran out of time for reading comprehension and logical reasoning started guessing at the end...overall feeling defeated congrats to everyone who makes it!
I thought I bombed it too. Just keep the faith. I ended up getting Best Qualified and now at the academy. That test is bogus anyway...

Did you reach out to find out or were you notified? It’s only been a couple weeks since everything was completely submitted for me so I know I still have awhile to wait :/
your POC will email you saying you're cleared and pending class date, but you can also email or call to find out...don't expect a quick reply though.

Got a email today from HR. She said they haven't started filling July classes yet but I swear I saw that someone had a July date somewhere in here.

Got a email today from HR. She said they haven't started filling July classes yet but I swear I saw that someone had a July date somewhere in here.
Yes, there has been at least one person who said they had a 7/1/21 start date (Sflores). That user also said they'd been bumped up a month after that though which makes it a little unclear what their actual start date is.

Can confidently say I wont be an air traffic controller ? feel like I bombed the test, I had like 5 crashes in the sim, ran out of time for reading comprehension and logical reasoning started guessing at the end...overall feeling defeated congrats to everyone who makes it!
Honestly... I believe the reaction time is the most important part of that test vs. getting the correct answer. The FAA doesn’t want people that freeze under pressure. They know they can train you to do the procedure correctly. Being able to make snappy decisions isn’t trainable though.

I thought I bombed it too, but I ended up BQ, don't count yourself out

I thought I bombed it too. Just keep the faith. I ended up getting Best Qualified and now at the academy. That test is bogus anyway...
What do you think is "bogus" about the test? I don't think the ATSA is infallible by any means. Don't have much of a personal opinion at all on it. Just curious.

The ATSA isn’t perfect, but I wouldn’t call it “bogus.” It was designed by people with a bunch more letters after their names than any of us. The point of the test is not to determine if you’ll be a good controller, or even if you’re capable of doing the job. It’s trying to determine if you display characteristics that are considered important in ATC: prioritization, spatial awareness, memory recall, etc.

There are thousands and thousands of people that apply to each OTS bid, but only a limited number of spots in OKC. They have to narrow down the pool somehow and the ATSA is the main tool to accomplish it.

The ATSA isn’t perfect, but I wouldn’t call it “bogus.” It was designed by people with a bunch more letters after their names than any of us. The point of the test is not to determine if you’ll be a good controller, or even if you’re capable of doing the job. It’s trying to determine if you display characteristics that are considered important in ATC: prioritization, spatial awareness, memory recall, etc.

There are thousands and thousands of people that apply to each OTS bid, but only a limited number of spots in OKC. They have to narrow down the pool somehow and the ATSA is the main tool to accomplish it.

Attachments

• science.jpg
    science.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom