Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

By "regarding a start date" I'm guessing you're referring to OKC date: No they didn't, just told me when I would start basics online
You will get the OKC date when you begin Basics online. If you actually need to know the OKC date, I recommend getting in contact from your HR rep.

lmao ? that damn OKC number, i have caller ID it said (spam/us government) could be my extended warranty or lifelong career? so when they called I happened to be sitting at a bar and said this seems important and picked up thinking it might be spam...so it went "hello what can you sell me today?" and of course it was my class date lol

lmao ? that damn OKC number, i have caller ID it said (spam/us government) could be my extended warranty or lifelong career? so when they called I happened to be sitting at a bar and said this seems important and picked up thinking it might be spam...so it went "hello what can you sell me today?" and of course it was my class date lol
That is truly epic

Has anyone not heard from their HR rep in weeks? I sent them an email on April 2nd (they got back to me on the 8th saying I was fully cleared and was waiting to assign me a class date), but I have reached out twice since then for an update and no reply. Should I be worried?

Has anyone not heard from their HR rep in weeks? I sent them an email on April 2nd (they got back to me on the 8th saying I was fully cleared and was waiting to assign me a class date), but I have reached out twice since then for an update and no reply. Should I be worried?
Nope. You should just wait for them to assign you a class date.

Plenty have us have been waiting cleared since the beginning of the year with no true insight on when we will receive a class date. You are not alone. And it’s crazy but apparently this is normal.

My Rep reached out to me and let me know that they are pretty much full up on class dates for this fiscal year and so most likely I should expect a date around October as this is when the new fiscal year begins

My Rep reached out to me and let me know that they are pretty much full up on class dates for this fiscal year and so most likely I should expect a date around October as this is when the new fiscal year begins
When were you cleared by? Got an email from mine saying classes through July are filled and they aren't filling August at this time. So I presume they are waiting for clearance to send August basics emails.

My HR rep said I should do basics in October, baring COVID issues pushing it back. That means OK sometime in November I think.

So I was curious to see if anyone has similar hobbies and may be there around the same time. I’ll definitely be looking for a gym partner, I’m into power lifting/strongman type training since I’m a Highland games athlete. There’s a great strongman gym 10 min from the training facility I’ve heard about. I also really like board games and would love to try some table top RPGs, I just never had a group of people who were into them.

If anyone else is into those kinds of things I’d love to get together when not studying or in class. Obviously I don’t have a firm date, only what CG expects. Good luck y’all!

My HR rep said I should do basics in October, baring COVID issues pushing it back. That means OK sometime in November I think.

So I was curious to see if anyone has similar hobbies and may be there around the same time. I’ll definitely be looking for a gym partner, I’m into power lifting/strongman type training since I’m a Highland games athlete. There’s a great strongman gym 10 min from the training facility I’ve heard about. I also really like board games and would love to try some table top RPGs, I just never had a group of people who were into them.

If anyone else is into those kinds of things I’d love to get together when not studying or in class. Obviously I don’t have a firm date, only what CG expects. Good luck y’all!
CG also said that I’ll be starting basics around October or even earlier, depending on COVID-19. Count me in for the gym!

If we're in OKC at the same time I'd definitely get in on the board games. I love the newer strategic games like ticket to ride and pandemic (that one's aged well), and have a similar position as you to rpgs. Always wanted to, never had the right group.

Also if there are any other climbers I'll probably try to get some time in at a climbing gym although there aren't any that close to any of the housing, unfortunately.

Is anyone else just kinda guessing when they were fully cleared? I got cleared by security in December and then the MMPI and drug test January 30th and then the flight surgeon signed off on my medical on February 2nd and forward the email to aviation careers (I know this because I was copied on the email) but I never received an email from my hr rep replying to me saying everything was good till over a month later. Granted my hr rep isn’t great at replying.

When were you cleared by? Got an email from mine saying classes through July are filled and they aren't filling August at this time. So I presume they are waiting for clearance to send August basics emails.
I was cleared on medical, MMPI, and drug in early March and Security was near the beginning of May. I figure I'm farther down on the list than most so I figure I'm due for an October Academy date

Back
Top Bottom