Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Whenever you finish the process you just go into the pipeline. The bids start mixing. Someone from 17 just got a class date. And you guys might go with people from 21. There’s also people in tier 2 from 18 19 20 that will get classes when they are done.
If they open a new bid in the next few months, would it be beneficial to apply again? Just thinking in case I don't score well enough to be considered. Doesn't seem like it would hurt.

If they open a new bid in the next few months, would it be beneficial to apply again? Just thinking in case I don't score well enough to be considered. Doesn't seem like it would hurt.
I guess it might be worth it if the bid opens before you get a TOL (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but it shouldn't matter if you get the TOL. Scoring better on the ATSA just increases the likelihood of a TOL. Once you've got that, the ATSA doesn't matter.

Interesting idea. I don’t know how HR would handle that. I suppose you could.
I guess it might be worth it if the bid opens before you get a TOL (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but it shouldn't matter if you get the TOL. Scoring better on the ATSA just increases the likelihood of a TOL. Once you've got that, the ATSA doesn't matter.
Only thinking from the standpoint of improving the score. Gives you an opportunity to take the test again.

What’s the process of getting to a level 12 TRACON? Like can I get to it regardless of if I get Terminal or Enroute? I honestly don’t know what TRACON is but this facility pays really well and is near family haha

Your score is valid for 3 years. Of course, if you dont know your results yet, or even what your referral status is, that clouds what the best path is. Lucky for you, I think we are still some time away from a new OTS bid based on comments here and the subreddit. You will know how you did soon.

I applied in June '19, ATSA in October, and got Best Qualified but was not picked up. I reapplied in Jan '20, let my BQ carry over, and got referred. The timing worked for me in this case, but just keep all that in mind.

What’s the process of getting to a level 12 TRACON? Like can I get to it regardless of if I get Terminal or Enroute? I honestly don’t know what TRACON is but this facility pays really well and is near family haha
From my understanding, you would start at terminal and *eventually* be able to transfer to TRACON. There might be a way to get there from enroute, but all of the enroute facilities are already level 11/12 so pay wouldn't necessarily be much different.

1. Get hired.
  2. Get CPC.
  3. Put in ERR paperwork to your desired facility.
Note that "work at a specific type of facility" is not on that list.

It used to be the case that transferring within one region and/or service area was easier than transferring outside. It used to be the case that you couldn't jump more than three levels (IIRC) in a single transfer. It used to be the case that having a "radar ticket" was a necessity in order to transfer to a radar facility. None of that is true anymore; all you need is for the staffing numbers to work out both ways: the losing facility has enough people to let you go and the gaining facility has not-enough people to pick you up.

It is true that there is a "ranking list" so the ATM and facrep at the gaining facility have some say in who they want and who they don't, and having a radar ticket might bump you up that list. But the list is only used if there are more people eligible to come than there are slots available for them. If you're trying to get to N90, for example, the ranking list has no meaning because you'll be the only applicant.

And of course all this is based on MOUs between the Agency and NATCA, so it can all change at the drop of a hat.

Back
Top Bottom