Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Update for me: My test was not cancelled and I did end up taking it. It went terribly, so I'll see you all next bid, lmao. I took my test in Edina, so I'm here for questions if anyone has them.
Oh oh... why was it terrible?

Just had a ton of collisions and messed up the visual stuff. But as others have said, who knows! Maybe I did well. Only time will tell. Did you take yours yet?
I have not, yet. I take it Monday, fingers crossed. The one I scheduled around me got cancelled so had to search for one. Did you use ATCprep or any other test prep?

I have not, yet. I take it Monday, fingers crossed. The one I scheduled around me got cancelled so had to search for one. Did you use ATCprep or any other test prep?
I used ATC prep and found it helpful for getting used to the games, however I found even the hardest difficult was easy compared to the actual test. One thing I wish I had practiced more was the visuals with the planes, but it also doesn't have the same keys programmed as yes and no as the actual test, so that was frustrating for me. Overall, worth it, but over priced. Definitely did not get 30 bucks out of it.

Where did you end up scheduling it?

I used ATC prep and found it helpful for getting used to the games, however I found even the hardest difficult was easy compared to the actual test. One thing I wish I had practiced more was the visuals with the planes, but it also doesn't have the same keys programmed as yes and no as the actual test, so that was frustrating for me. Overall, worth it, but over priced. Definitely did not get 30 bucks out of it.

Where did you end up scheduling it?
Edina, MN. What strats did you use for the variables? A=B/2. B=4 etc...

Edina, MN. What strats did you use for the variables? A=B/2. B=4 etc...
Honestly... The variables was the easiest for me. I don't really have any advise besides putting in ear plugs and whispering the numbers out loud to yourself. That will at least engage two parts of your brain, increasing the chances you'll remember. I generally waited until all the info was given to start solving too. Hope that helps?

Honestly... The variables was the easiest for me. I don't really have any advise besides putting in ear plugs and whispering the numbers out loud to yourself. That will at least engage two parts of your brain, increasing the chances you'll remember. I generally waited until all the info was given to start solving too. Hope that helps?
I tried that last year but my brain crashed lol

Has anyone been able to test in Secaucus, NJ? Or Queens, NY?
Had my test scheduled for tmrw, just received email test has been cancelled due to COVID-19 :/ Was really hoping to re-test given that last year I was referred but not Best Qualified. Everyone else that still has the test scheduled, Good Luck!! Y’all got this ??

Had my test scheduled for tmrw, just received email test has been cancelled due to COVID-19 :/ Was really hoping to re-test given that last year I was referred but not Best Qualified. Everyone else that still has the test scheduled, Good Luck!! Y’all got this ??
I think most of the Tests scheduled on the east coast are getting cancelled... which sucks... see if you can schedule something in the Midwest or central? You’re able to reschedule.

What were your results last year if you weren’t BQ?

What were your results last year if you weren’t BQ?
I believe he was probably pool 1. There were people who received qualified scores and were still referred in pool 1. I don’t think anyone from pool 2 has been referred without getting best qualified, at least from last year.

I believe he was probably pool 1. There were people who received qualified scores and were still referred in pool 1. I don’t think anyone from pool 2 has been referred without getting best qualified, at least from last year.
Anyone in either pool scoring qualified, well qualified, or best qualified will be referred. You can be referred without being hired. If s/he wasn't best qualified they were either well qualified or qualified.

Anyone in either pool scoring qualified, well qualified, or best qualified will be referred. You can be referred without being hired. If s/he wasn't best qualified they were either well qualified or qualified.
I’m not sure that was the case last year (everyone being referred). There were people who scored best qualified who were not referred, that’s why I mentioned that there were just “qualified” people in pool 1 who were referred last year, but I didn’t see anyone in pool 2 below “best qualified” referred

I’m not sure that was the case last year (everyone being referred). There were people who scored best qualified who were not referred, that’s why I mentioned that there were just “qualified” people in pool 1 who were referred last year, but I didn’t see anyone in pool 2 below “best qualified” referred
Being referred means you've been referred to the ATO where they go through the selection/non-selection process. Those selected get TOLs. Previously they have always "referred" everyone who passes the ATSA, regardless of their score band (Best Qualified, Well Qualified and Qualified all get referred; Not Qualified shows a Not Referred status on USAJobs). The ATO selection/non-selection process is where they pull from the ATSA scores in the following order until they've filled all the positions (as per the FAA's interpretation of the 2019 Hiring Reform Act): Pool 1 Best Qualified, Pool 2 Best Qualified, Pool 1 Well Qualified, Pool 2 Well Qualified. I was told that they will not be hiring beyond those bands (a Qualified score on the ATSA essentially means you are not qualified now).

Previously they have always "referred" everyone who passes the ATSA, regardless of their score band (Best Qualified, Well Qualified and Qualified all get referred; Not Qualified shows a Not Referred status on USAJobs).
This part is no longer applicable. I received WQ last bid in Pool 2, but was not referred. I don't believe any pool 2 WQ or Q were referred last bid according to that bid's forum. However, I think i remember BQ/WQ/Q all from pool 1 being referred.

I had my test scheduled for tuesday, showed up and the lady said they are not testing due to covid. Wish they would have sent me an email..i got a test scheduled for Syracuse next week

Being referred means you've been referred to the ATO where they go through the selection/non-selection process. Those selected get TOLs. Previously they have always "referred" everyone who passes the ATSA, regardless of their score band (Best Qualified, Well Qualified and Qualified all get referred; Not Qualified shows a Not Referred status on USAJobs). The ATO selection/non-selection process is where they pull from the ATSA scores in the following order until they've filled all the positions (as per the FAA's interpretation of the 2019 Hiring Reform Act): Pool 1 Best Qualified, Pool 2 Best Qualified, Pool 1 Well Qualified, Pool 2 Well Qualified. I was told that they will not be hiring beyond those bands (a Qualified score on the ATSA essentially means you are not qualified now).
They did it differently last year. USJOB.com updated the status of everyone applications to either referred or not referred about 60 day after the test window closed. With the status change everyone was told if they received “best, well, or just qualified”.

Back
Top Bottom