Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I didn’t know any of this ??‍♂️ it didn’t state that... I just went by with what they asked and it was my employment history from 10 years
At the beginning of Section 13, it says "List all of your employment activities, including unemployment and self-employment, beginning with the present and working back 10 years. The entire period must be accounted for without breaks. If the employment activity was military duty, list separate employment activity periods to show each change of military duty station. Provide separate entries for employment activities with the same employer but having different physical addresses. Do not list employment before your 18th birthday unless to provide a minimum of 2 years employment history."

Which means, if you're 20 or over, don't list anything before the 18th birthday.

Last edited:
At the beginning of Section 13, it says "List all of your employment activities, including unemployment and self-employment, beginning with the present and working back 10 years. The entire period must be accounted for without breaks. If the employment activity was military duty, list separate employment activity periods to show each change of military duty station. Provide separate entries for employment activities with the same employer but having different physical addresses. Do not list employment before your 18th birthday unless to provide a minimum of 2 years employment history."

Which means, if you're 20 or over, don't list anything before the 18th birthday.
I must’ve over read that ?? Idk what to do IF I can even do anything...

just got this from medical...(Your file is still with the Flight Surgeon for review. I will reach out to him today to see how his case loads are looking and if he is able to provide me with any timeframe. Your file is requiring a Tier II evaluation. This process does add processing time to your clearances.) does this mean I'm tier 2 and I failed the mmpi, and I will be contacted for more info or something?
"Your file is requiring a Tier II evaluation."

You've been Tier II'd - you did not pass the MMPI. Buckle in, because it's a lot of waiting judging by the posts here. Do your due diligence on your part and you'll be fine, it's the wait time now that's gonna take its toll. Sorry, buddy.

I believe they ask something about debts. The only debt I have is my house, so I didn't spend much time on it. I don't think they look at your "score", but they definitely check that you're financially "responsible". Someone else would probably have better info than me on that.

It's part of your security clearance, so if you've completed your CIL, you're probably* fine.
They definitely pull your credit report/score. You can be in debt but you have to be paying the debt or at least trying to. If you have a low credit score it usually means you arent paying your debt and or you have too much. Another red flag.

I must’ve over read that ?? Idk what to do IF I can even do anything...

If it's a statement of reasons (SOR), you can appeal.

If it isn't, you're just gonna have to wait until they let you reapply to the FAA :/.

SF-86 can actually be a really difficult form. Medical clearance is also difficult via FAA. It pains me when I see people (many a CFI and the Sportys pilot videos) who think this is all routine stuff. It's NOT. People see therapists for mental health reasons, get diabetes, they have foreign contacts, get fired from jobs, know people who use drugs or tried them themselves, are terrible with money, etc, it all HAPPENS.

Fyi: One positive of a suitability denial is you don't have to note that you've ever been denied a clearance on a future eqip/eapp/sf-8X.

If it's a statement of reasons (SOR), you can appeal.

If it isn't, you're just gonna have to wait until they let you reapply to the FAA :/.

SF-86 can actually be a really difficult form. Medical clearance is also difficult via FAA. It pains me when I see people (many a CFI and the Sportys pilot videos) who think this is all routine stuff. It's NOT. People see therapists for mental health reasons, get diabetes, they have foreign contacts, get fired from jobs, know people who use drugs or tried them themselves, are terrible with money, etc, it all HAPPENS.

Fyi: One positive of a suitability denial is you don't have to note that you've ever been denied a clearance on a future eqip/eapp/sf-8X.

It’s a decision letter, with no appeal rights. Do you think MAYBE I could retract those jobs I submitted? Idk I’m just shocked and lost for words tbh, I want to fight against this because it doesn’t seem fair... I don’t feel like it was judged right!?

It’s a decision letter, with no appeal rights. Do you think MAYBE I could retract those jobs I submitted? Idk I’m just shocked and lost for words tbh, I want to fight against this because it doesn’t seem fair... I don’t feel like it was judged right!?
what are the exact words? I would try contacting your security POC

So DP is out of the office “for an extended period of time” (I hope everything is okay ?). She gave CG as a contact in the meantime. I asked her if there’s any news for me. I cleared toward the end of April. Such a quick response from her! She said, right now, I’m looking at January/February, but once they receive October dates, she should have a better estimate. They don’t know yet if there with be more seats per class or more frequent class dates. I hope that helps! I haven’t really heard of anyone that cleared as late as me, so hopefully that adds some perspective for the rest of you.

So DP is out of the office “for an extended period of time” (I hope everything is okay ?). She gave CG as a contact in the meantime. I asked her if there’s any news for me. I cleared toward the end of April. Such a quick response from her! She said, right now, I’m looking at January/February, but once they receive October dates, she should have a better estimate. They don’t know yet if there with be more seats per class or more frequent class dates. I hope that helps! I haven’t really heard of anyone that cleared as late as me, so hopefully that adds some perspective for the rest of you.
at least your reps talk to you lol

This is the high-quality content I come here for. Thank you.

I believe they ask something about debts. The only debt I have is my house, so I didn't spend much time on it. I don't think they look at your "score", but they definitely check that you're financially "responsible". Someone else would probably have better info than me on that.

It's part of your security clearance, so if you've completed your CIL, you're probably* fine.
They pull a credit report

These are good deets, I'm actually hoping for next June/July. For reasons, my lease being one ?.

For the record I'm working on getting the FOL atm with MMPI/security stuff. I am basically with the covid delay people, even though I wasn't covid delay (declined in October, got offered again in July, accepted).

Nope,

The SF-86 is just the starting point of an investigation from my understanding. They generally find other things during it. Once that form is submitted, it's official, you gotta get it right. You signed something similar to this I bet (this is from paper sf-86)

My statements on this form, and on any attachments to it, are true, complete, and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and are made in good faith. I
further affirm that, to the best of my knowledge, I have not included any classified information herein. I have carefully read the foregoing instructions to
complete this form. I understand that a knowing and willful false statement on this form can be punished by fine or imprisonment or both (18 U.S.C. 1001). I
understand that intentionally withholding, misrepresenting, falsifying, or including classified information may have a negative effect on my security clearance,
employment prospects, or job status, up to and including denial or revocation of my security clearance, or my removal and debarment from Federal service.

For a secret/public trust (like here at ATC)...the actual depth of the investigation on paper is generally less than top secret (TS requires a subject interview for example, while that may or may not actually happen for secret), but once they find something, cat is out of the bag.

Also if the investigation isn't conducted by the Intelligence Community (which this almost certainly isn't), every agency will probably have access to it, at least I think, because DCSA (the federal agency that conducts most of the actual investigations now) is a thing and systems like JPAS/DISS exist. Don't take my word on it though. Ask your security officer, they'd know more.

Update for me: EODS was just approved for all 4 forms. (They were submitted Saturday 7/31). My TOL, Initial EODS, and approval of EODS were all sent by different HR reps so I think it's a team process right now which I guess is good if some reps are missing time due to covid.

Update for me: EODS was just approved for all 4 forms. (They were submitted Saturday 7/31). My TOL, Initial EODS, and approval of EODS were all sent by different HR reps so I think it's a team process right now which I guess is good if some reps are missing time due to covid.
Update your signature my dude.

Back
Top Bottom