Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

A little of my personal experience: I applied during both the 2018 and 2019 bids, got my TOL during the 2019 bid, process was smooth except for medical. I have asthma and also had taken Adderall in the past (misdiagnosed with ADHD) and other medications + diagnoses that put a significant hold on things. Regardless of how healthy I am or the fact that I don’t currently take any medications, Asthma or ADHD alone are potentially disqualifying, so my record had me pretty worried to say the least.

I spent pretty much all of last year fetching medical records from years ago, running back and forth to and from doctors and pharmacies, and spending thousands on evaluations not even knowing if any of this would amount to anything. This was all made even worse with things being slowed down significantly last year during the shutdown. I was honestly mentally preparing myself this whole time for denial, but I finally was medically cleared this past week and am now waiting for a class date. Hopefully this encourages some of you that may also still be waiting/going through the process!

just got this from medical...(Your file is still with the Flight Surgeon for review. I will reach out to him today to see how his case loads are looking and if he is able to provide me with any timeframe. Your file is requiring a Tier II evaluation. This process does add processing time to your clearances.) does this mean I'm tier 2 and I failed the mmpi, and I will be contacted for more info or something?
did you reach out to medical or did they contact you? ive had everything submitted since december and all ive heard is its pending flight surgeon review

A little of my personal experience: I applied during both the 2018 and 2019 bids, got my TOL during the 2019 bid, process was smooth except for medical. I have asthma and also had taken Adderall in the past (misdiagnosed with ADHD) and other medications + diagnoses that put a significant hold on things. Regardless of how healthy I am or the fact that I don’t currently take any medications, Asthma or ADHD alone are potentially disqualifying, so my record had me pretty worried to say the least.

I spent pretty much all of last year fetching medical records from years ago, running back and forth to and from doctors and pharmacies, and spending thousands on evaluations not even knowing if any of this would amount to anything. This was all made even worse with things being slowed down significantly last year during the shutdown. I was honestly mentally preparing myself this whole time for denial, but I finally was medically cleared this past week and am now waiting for a class date. Hopefully this encourages some of you that may also still be waiting/going through the process!
Congratulations! I’m sure you’re so relieved now. Enjoy the new waiting game :) I’m sure waiting for a class is far less stressful than waiting for clearance

So DP is out of the office “for an extended period of time” (I hope everything is okay ?). She gave CG as a contact in the meantime. I asked her if there’s any news for me. I cleared toward the end of April. Such a quick response from her! She said, right now, I’m looking at January/February, but once they receive October dates, she should have a better estimate. They don’t know yet if there with be more seats per class or more frequent class dates. I hope that helps! I haven’t really heard of anyone that cleared as late as me, so hopefully that adds some perspective for the rest of you.
How did you find out DP was out of office? I never got anything from her recently and I’m supposed to be getting my FOL this week ?

Sounds like me and my quest for a medical to fly GA, which started in 2018 and ended in 2020. I just hope that they will be willing to just use the same evals from my stuff for my second class pilot medical (which I of course paid for and passed with flying colors) and I can simply be done with it!

I do not want to do the cogscreen and all that other crazy stuff again (I have a hunch you did just that as you're mentioning ADHD, and this post below).

Sounds like me and my quest for a medical to fly GA, which started in 2018 and ended in 2020. I just hope that they will be willing to just use the same evals from my stuff for my second class pilot medical (which I of course paid for and passed with flying colors) and I can simply be done with it!

I do not want to do the cogscreen and all that other crazy stuff again (I have a hunch you did just that as you're mentioning ADHD, and this post below).

Yep, I paid for an evaluation which ended up not being enough so I also had to pay for a cogscreen. It was all mentally and financially draining so I’m just glad I’m done with it lol. They’re having my medical expire sooner so that I can get a sooner class date so I’m just hoping moving forward it’ll be much smoother renewing it

I
How did you find out DP was out of office? I never got anything from her recently and I’m supposed to be getting my FOL this week ?
I sent her an email today because it’s been about a month and a half since I last checked in. It was just an automated out of the office email response. Believe me, I’m not really in the know or anything ?

I

I sent her an email today because it’s been about a month and a half since I last checked in. It was just an automated out of the office email response. Believe me, I’m not really in the know or anything ?
Is it ok for us to contact other hr reps generally? CS hasn't responded to me in a while and I've tried to contact her a decent amount

Last edited:
Hi all, did anyone take the ATSA in April/May of this year and receive their results back? If I'm not misinformed, this was for last year's bid due to the test taking place at the start of the pandemic. Am I out of luck for this bid and are they going to release the results? Sorry if this is the wrong bid. I've been awaiting to hear something on it, and haven't.

Is it ok for us to contact other hr reps generally? CS hasn't responded to me in a while and I've tried to contact her a decent amount.
I also emailed her, no response.

Hi all, did anyone take the ATSA in April/May of this year and receive their results back? If I'm not misinformed, this was for last year's bid due to the test taking place at the start of the pandemic. Am I out of luck for this bid and are they going to release the results? Sorry if this is the wrong bid. I've been awaiting to hear something on it, and haven't.

Well, if we aren't getting any dates this month, I'm not too hopeful for next month either. I think October when the budget gets approved is the earliest we might have hope, but with covid... who knows.

Back
Top Bottom