Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Being referred just means you passed the ATSA. Yes, everyone who passed gets referred. Typically only BQ get TOLs.

well, not everyone got referred. There are people who “passed” that didn’t get referred. Better words to put would be that being referred doesn’t mean you’re getting a TOL.

fingers crossed, i turn 30 this year...so i might just have one more chance next year before i age out and turn to dust.

well, not everyone got referred. There are people who “passed” that didn’t get referred. Better words to put would be that being referred doesn’t mean you’re getting a TOL.
No, if you pass the test you get referred. At least that’s how it was when I went through the process not too long ago. Being “referred” just means you passed the test and are still being considered for the position. Anyone who was not referred, failed.

Last edited:
No, if you pass the test you get referred. At least that’s how it was when I went through the process not too long ago. Being “referred” just means you passed the test and are still being considered for the position. Anyone who was not referred, failed.

I can confirm that passing does not always mean you will be referred. Below is the message I received on a bid last year.

"A referral list for Pool 2 was issued. Although your Air Traffic Skills Assessment (ATSA) results placed you in the "Best Qualified" category, you were not referred due to the algorithm used in determining order of referral."

I can confirm that passing does not always mean you will be referred. Below is the message I received on a bid last year.

"A referral list for Pool 2 was issued. Although your Air Traffic Skills Assessment (ATSA) results placed you in the "Best Qualified" category, you were not referred due to the algorithm used in determining order of referral."
Hmm interesting, that must be something new. In 2018 they told me anyone who passed would be referred. Guess some CAMI person came up with another algorithm they’re trying out.

Hmm interesting, that must be something new. In 2018 they told me anyone who passed would be referred. Guess some CAMI person came up with another algorithm they’re trying out.

it’s different every year. They only refer a certain amount each year. Last year I passed and was placed in the Qualified category and was not referred. This year I moved up to Well Qualified and was referred. Last year it seemed almost everyone who got referred, got TOLs.

Did you retake the ATSA for this bid?

I can't recall but, since I'm turning 30 this year in august....i can reapply for next years bid as long as im younger than 31 and ill be fine right?

Back
Top Bottom